Rs. 67 and Kamarasar Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rs. 67 and Kamarasar

4 posters

Go down

Rs. 67 and Kamarasar Empty Rs. 67 and Kamarasar

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:35 am

Kamarsar was born on October 2., So it is a great day for Tamil Nadu.

When he died, the total cash in his house was Rs. 67.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Rs. 67 and Kamarasar Empty Re: Rs. 67 and Kamarasar

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:39 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Kamarsar was born on October 2., So it is a great day for Tamil Nadu.

Thanks you for these three very important pieces of information. Do let us know how many years he lived and if he did anything else of note during those years, other than leaving behind the grand sum of Rs 67 in his house.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Kamarsar was born on October 2., So it is a great day for Tamil Nadu.

Lalbahadursarsar was born on Oct. 2 so it is a great day.

when he died there was only a hand loom in his house that he had received as dowry (he refused to accept anything else).

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 am

K. Kamaraj, former Chief Minister of Madras State (1903 – 1975)

He fought against British rule over South Asia.

His greatest contribution to Tamil Nadu was education.
Kamaraj opposed the family vocation based Hereditary Education Policy introduced by Rajaji astopped it (with help from many others). He reopened the 6000 schools closed by previous government under Rajaji for financial reasons and also added 12000 more schools. New schools were opened, so that poor rural students were to walk no more than 3 miles to their nearest school. Better facilities were added to existing ones. No village remained without a primary school and no panchayat without a high school.

Last edited by Kayalvizhi on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Rs. 67 and Kamarasar Empty Kamaraj the great

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:
Lalbahadursarsar was born on Oct. 2 so it is a great day.

when he died there was only a hand loom in his house that he had received as dowry (he refused to accept anything else).

Lal Bahadur was responsible for the murder of scores of Tamil youths during 1965 anti-hindi agitation.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:57 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:K. Kamaraj, former Chief Minister of Madras State (1903 – 1975)

He fought against British rule over South Asia.

His greatest contribution to Tamil Nadu was education.
Kamaraj opposed the family vocation based Hereditary Education Policy introduced by Rajaji astopped it (with help from many others). He reopened the 6000 schools closed by previous government under Rajaji for financial reasons and also added 12000 more schools. New schools were opened, so that poor rural students were to walk no more than 3 miles to their nearest school. Better facilities were added to existing ones. No village remained without a primary school and no panchayat without a high school.

Wonderful. Where did he find the teachers to staff all those schools?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:00 am

>> Thanks you for these three very important pieces of information. Do let us know how many years he lived and if he did anything else of note during those years, other than leaving behind the grand sum of Rs 67 in his house.

I thought most people knew of Kamaraj.

That schools outside TN do not teach of Kamaraj is an indication of Hindian rule. Every two bit north Indian was taught in schools but a great leader like Kamaraj was not.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:01 am

But for Kamaraj I might not here educated and working for the liberation of homeland from US.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:But for Kamaraj I might not here educated and working for the liberation of homeland from US.

Isn't the desired liberation more likely to happen if you're on the ground instead of 10,000 miles away (unless you're talking of liberating Orange County)?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:17 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:I thought most people knew of Kamaraj.
I did. But I had not known about Kamarsar. Thanks for the information. From here on, Gandhi Jayanti should be rechristened G-K-L Jayanti, for Gandhi-Kamarsar-Lalbahadursarsar. Will be another fine example of UP-Tamil synthesis.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:>> Thanks you for these three very important pieces of information. Do let us know how many years he lived and if he did anything else of note during those years, other than leaving behind the grand sum of Rs 67 in his house.

I thought most people knew of Kamaraj.

That schools outside TN do not teach of Kamaraj is an indication of Hindian rule. Every two bit north Indian was taught in schools but a great leader like Kamaraj was not.

Your reference to `Kamarasar' threw me off. I assumed it was some LTTE functionary.

Why would schools outside teach about a chief minister of TN? He didn't accomplish much at the national level other than to sideline inconvenient members of Nehru's cabinet and play kingmaker after Nehru's death.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:21 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:But for Kamaraj I might not here educated and working for the liberation of homeland from US.
i happy you educated fight homeland liberation from US and THEY. kamaraj teach you excellent! luck good!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:24 am

>> Isn't the desired liberation more likely to happen if you're on the ground instead of 10,000 miles away (unless you're talking of liberating Orange County)?

Lenin was in exile during the critical period in Russia. DeGaule operating from England during the battle for France. Commander lived in TN until 1986.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:27 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Lenin was in exile during the critical period in Russia. DeGaule operating from England during the battle for France. Commander lived in TN until 1986.
oh yes, we forgot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:29 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Lenin was in exile during the critical period in Russia.
Yes, foment revolution, comrade! You have nothing to lose but your internet connection.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:38 am

Yes, I hail your efforts and contributions too, comrade Kayal. Pleej to remember this unstinted support when you take office as the first President of United Eelam. Together we can.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:>> Isn't the desired liberation more likely to happen if you're on the ground instead of 10,000 miles away (unless you're talking of liberating Orange County)?

Lenin was in exile during the critical period in Russia. DeGaule operating from England during the battle for France. Commander lived in TN until 1986.

So much respect for Comrade Commander....He sure was better than Lenin and Stalin - combined.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum