Aurangzeb vs Nizam - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aurangzeb vs Nizam

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aurangzeb vs Nizam - Page 2 Empty Re: Aurangzeb vs Nizam

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:10 am

panini press wrote:The key to running a good political campaign is anticipating the questions that your candidate might face. As a good campaign manager, I anticipated this issue and addressed it already in the Aurangzeb thread.

https://such.forumotion.com/t8491p100-aurangzeb-s-generous-side-and-love-for-books#64580

Aurangzeb vs Nizam - Page 2 Captur15

I am more interested in this than the US soap opera - could you please generate a graph that shows the trending of "posts vs life of thread" and also "posts/life vs # of views"? A "dot ratio" will also be useful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:10 am

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:As are Babu Nagendranath Banerjee and Sir Jadunath Sarkar. These two gentlemen are real historians. One of them was even knighted. And they say that Aurangzeb is not communal.

Wrong again. Jadunath Sarkar says Aurangzeb was communal.

in fact Jadunath Sarkar takes an even harsher view of Aurangzeb than many others. Charvaka caught lying again.

-----------------

The commonplace view of Aurangzeb, on the other hand, is that he repudiated Akbar’s policies of religious toleration, and by alienating Hindus he undermined the very empire whose tremendous expansion he masterminded. Nehru maintained that Aurangzeb had “put the clock back”, undoing what his predecessors had achieved by working against the “genius of the nation” and ignoring the common culture that had been forged among the different elements of the Indian population. “When Aurangzeb began to oppose this movement [of synthesis] and suppress it and to function more as a Moslem than an Indian ruler,” Nehru argued, “the Mughal Empire began to break up.” But where Nehru saw Aurangzeb as a “bigot and an austere puritan” whose policies were instrumental in creating unease and dissent, and Tara Chand deplored his “misdirected efforts” which caused “irreparable damage” to the “great edifice of the empire”, [3] many Indian historians have been inclined to take a much harsher view of Aurangzeb’s conduct.

In this they were to follow the lead supplied by
Jadunath Sarkar, whose 1928 biography of Aurangzeb in four volumes bequeathed the view of Aurangzeb that still predominates in the popular imagination. Sarkar suggested that Aurangzeb intended nothing less than to establish an Islamic state in India, an objective that could not be fulfilled without “the conversion of the entire population to Islam and the extinction of every form of dissent”; and to render this scenario more complete, he proposed that the jizya (poll-tax) on non-Muslims, which Aurangzeb had re-instituted in 1679, was aimed at forcibly converting Hindus to Islam, though he was unable to marshal evidence to substantiate this view. [4]

http://aurangazeb.wordpress.com/category/jadunath-sarkar/

notice that charvaka is still not responding to the fact that he lied about jadunath sarkar. all of us make mistakes. a gentleman is one who accepts his mistake and apologizes. is charvaka a gentleman? i think not. he will never apologize for his numerous mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:17 am

Rashmun wrote:is charvaka a gentleman? i think not.
I agree with you. I don't measure up to your high standards of gentlemanly behavior.

Rashmun at http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/NI-vs-SI-Can-you-define-North-Indian-or-South-Indian-789053.htm#789123 wrote:psychiatrist ki to tujhe avashyakta hai, randi rakshasi.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:22 am

panini press wrote:
I agree with you. I don't measure up to your high standards of gentlemanly behavior.

Rashmun at http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/NI-vs-SI-Can-you-define-North-Indian-or-South-Indian-789053.htm#789123 wrote:psychiatrist ki to tujhe avashyakta hai, randi rakshasi.

4 years ago i got into an unfortunate abusive exchange with QB. I have since made up with QB and she now posts in the forum i have created ( http://sulekha.forumotion.com ). Since Charvaka kept attacking and insulting QB, QB prefers not to post on this forum.

it is amusing to note that Charvaka keeps bringing up my 4 and 5 and 6 year old posts--written during the the days of youth and inexperience-- but has always preferred to close his eyes and turn the other way when his own Gulti Brothers become abusive. Like when TBT abused Merlot's mother. Or when Propa posted pictures of Luke's wife and daughter, expressed a desire to make love to them, and also expressed the wish to kill Luke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:26 am

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

4 years ago i got into an unfortunate abusive exchange with QB. I have since made up with QB and she now posts in the forum i have created ( http://sulekha.forumotion.com ). Since Charvaka kept attacking and insulting QB, QB prefers not to post on this forum.

it is amusing to note that Charvaka keeps bringing up my 4 and 5 and 6 year old posts--written during the the days of youth and inexperience-- but has always preferred to close his eyes and turn the other way when his own Gulti Brothers become abusive. Like when TBT abused Merlot's mother. Or when Propa posted pictures of Luke's wife and daughter, expressed a desire to make love to them, and also expressed the wish to kill Luke.

when i expressed the view that Propa's death threat to Luke was something to be taken seriously, and that the police would have to be contacted if Luke were to suddenly die, Charvaka thought what i said was very funny and by his own admission had a good laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2