Dhoni's horribly misplaced sense of proportion Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dhoni's horribly misplaced sense of proportion

4 posters

Go down

Dhoni's horribly misplaced sense of proportion Empty Dhoni's horribly misplaced sense of proportion

Post by aanjaneya Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 am

Says the captain:
"It has been tough," Dhoni said after the draw in Nagpur that gave the
series to England, "But there are not many things that will come close
to when we lost the 2007 50-over World Cup. This is not even close to that."

It is painfully evident that this guy is clueless in his sense of perspective as a Test captain.
Back to back to back whitewashes and near whitewashes in Tests, and he asserts that a random exit in some meaningless ODI World cup was more painful. Of course, also convenient that he was not leading the charge back then.
He has telegraphed in past interviews that he is not interested in Tests, and now the above gem of a perspective from the captain.

BCCI and the selectors would simply be refusing to read the message, if they continue with Dhoni as Test captain.
As much as Jimmy Amarnath's outburst was a bit untimely, coming in the middle of a troubled series in decline, it clearly exposes the shenanigans of N.Srinivasan's "Chennai Super Kings" priorities.
Dhoni needs to go as Test Captain.
It may serve BCCI well to recall how a certain raw and undercooked Graeme Smith was offered Captaincy when South Africa Test cricket was in troubled times. It was a very bold call at the time, but it has shone like a diamond under pressure across 10 + years, and counting.
Ganguly said on commentary that he finds the idea of "grooming" a captain silly. He was advocating picking a captain and backing him. A bit like the choice that SA made with Smith.
Virat Kohli, or Gambhir could be that choice.
Though I sense that Gambhir has become complacent and is declining already.

aanjaneya

Back to top Go down

Dhoni's horribly misplaced sense of proportion Empty Re: Dhoni's horribly misplaced sense of proportion

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:53 pm

What! I've no respect for this guy now. As for Srinivasan, this is nothing new, everyone knows that it is a clear case of conflict of interest but courts ddin't think so. If it were for me I'd drop both Gambhir & Sehwag, it appears their work ethics suck, doesn't look like they put in extra effort to get back to form; a complete overhaul may not be a bad idea.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Dhoni's horribly misplaced sense of proportion Empty Re: Dhoni's horribly misplaced sense of proportion

Post by truthbetold Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Dhoni's statement itself should be enough to fire him for lack of comprehension. One 50 over game loss vs losing 10 major test losses against major test teams. Even a eleven year old knows what is more important.
I do not like sehwag/gambhir attitude but their faulty approach is better than dhoni's complete lack of offensive game. His answers such as in test cricket you get runs in partnerships betray a very evasive approach to reality.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 pm

truthbetold wrote:Dhoni's statement itself should be enough to fire him for lack of comprehension. One 50 over game loss vs losing 10 major test losses against major test teams. Even a eleven year old knows what is more important.
I do not like sehwag/gambhir attitude but their faulty approach is better than dhoni's complete lack of offensive game. His answers such as in test cricket you get runs in partnerships betray a very evasive approach to reality.

I think he was politely reminding everyone that India won World cup under his leadership, and probably thinks that might save his ODI captaincy.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:47 pm

He who lives by luck dies by luck. Dhobi's incredible streak of good fortune ended a while ago. He is hoping that his fortunes will turn around but it is just not happening.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:11 pm

nevada wrote:He who lives by luck dies by luck. Dhobi's incredible streak of good fortune ended a while ago. He is hoping that his fortunes will turn around but it is just not happening.

I'm all for major overhaul; drop Sachin, Sehwag and/or Gambhir. Do not bring Zaheer, Yuvi and Bhajji back. I'd sack Dhoni too but who is the captain material, don't want to reward Gambhir with captaincy for all his failures.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by aanjaneya Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:33 pm

If Virat Kohli is truly leader-material, that could be a bold move forward that signals serious intent for overhaul.
It would then be up to him to step in with serious scores in the upcoming Aus home-series and tour SA with some confidence.
At any rate, he is the only player that seems to belong batting-wise, and seems to sustain excitement and interest in Indian test cricket for those of us that better relate to the likes and era of Rahul, VVS, Sachin (of the old), Kumble, Sourav.

aanjaneya

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
nevada wrote:He who lives by luck dies by luck. Dhobi's incredible streak of good fortune ended a while ago. He is hoping that his fortunes will turn around but it is just not happening.

I'm all for major overhaul; drop Sachin, Sehwag and/or Gambhir. Do not bring Zaheer, Yuvi and Bhajji back. I'd sack Dhoni too but who is the captain material, don't want to reward Gambhir with captaincy for all his failures.

Agreed. Better to lose while making a sincere effort to rebuild than to lose with a bunch of has beens continuing well past their sell by date. Zaheer was the one bowler papering over the cracks in our pathetic bowling unit. He would get early break throughs and also with the old ball with reverse swing. With him gone, the bowling has become absolutely toothless. We have some reserve batsmen who will do well atleast in home conditions but the bowling cup board is totally bare.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down