New Year greetings and a weblink to predictions Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Year greetings and a weblink to predictions

3 posters

Go down

New Year greetings and a weblink to predictions Empty New Year greetings and a weblink to predictions

Post by rawemotions Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Folks,

Below is a weblink to predictions. Quite interesting!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/print-this/110-predictions-for-the-next-110-years?page=all

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

New Year greetings and a weblink to predictions Empty Re: New Year greetings and a weblink to predictions

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:45 pm

HNY and thanks for the link! Can't wait for some of the predictions to come true.

Back to top Go down

New Year greetings and a weblink to predictions Empty Re: New Year greetings and a weblink to predictions

Post by truthbetold Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Disappointed. I was looking for an astrological sight with 2013 predictions. Now i am forced to search for it myself.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:10 pm

· People will be fluent in every language.

--> Don't think this will happen. things have not really advanced that fast on the language front.

Software will predict traffic jams before they occur

--> This can happen. I think the models are there but requires significant government expenditure in sensors.

Climate-controlled jackets will protect soldiers from extreme heat and cold

--> Portable power source is the bottleneck here and any such jacket would be impractical for long duration engagement. Very unlikely in next 10 years.

Nanoparticles will make chemotherapy far more effective

--> Somebody compared nano shapes to asbestos and trigerred panic. Medicine moves faitly slow. Unlikely to find a commercial and FDA approved solution in next 10 years. May be in 15 years.

Electric cars will roam (some) highways

--> Again portable power source solution is still not there. However the money flowing in green energy may allow for building an infrastructure for battery exchange at gas pumps. This can happen.

Athletes will employ robotic trainers

--> I think this is already there in some form.

Bridges will repair themselves with self-healing concrete. Invented by University of Michigan engineer Victor Li, the new composite is laced with microfibers that bend without breaking. Hairline fractures mend themselves within days when calcium ions in the mix react with rainwater and carbon dioxide to create a calcium carbonate patch.

--> Is this for real??!!! Calcium carbonate as in chalk patches!! Not happening.

Digital "ants" will protect the U.S. power grid from cyber attacks

--> This will happen

artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down