Shut it, Test cricket fans Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shut it, Test cricket fans

2 posters

Go down

Shut it, Test cricket fans Empty Shut it, Test cricket fans

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

You elitist bigots with your superior attitudes, you think you're too good for the IPL, don't you?

Chauvinistic, elitist, snobbish, upper-class, income-tax-evading, black-money-hoarding, tax-haven-using, anti-social, imperialist, capitalist, post-modern Test cricket fans have always been dismissive of Twenty20 cricket and the millions of knowledgeable, sophisticated fans - including your truly - that the Twenty20 format has.

so-called "Text cricket aficionados" would constantly try to point out faults and shortcomings with the IPL format. Constantly they tried to undermine the cricket, the administrators, the cheerleaders, the bookmakers and - most arrogantly of all - the fans

Recently I was watching Test cricket on TV - I don't remember who the teams were, because everyone wore identical white clothes - and then suddenly they showed the inside of an Ikea showroom. I was confused. Why are they showing so many empty seats arranged in rows?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/story/517217.html

-> While he does make a valid point about test matched being played in front of empty seats he appear to be way tooo defensive of himself i.e. a T20 fan. I was one of those so-called text cricket fans who couldn't watch a tontey-tontey game in its entirety but don't remember ever bashing or looking down at T20 cricket fans. I guess it all boils down to generation gap.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Shut it, Test cricket fans Empty Re: Shut it, Test cricket fans

Post by Another Brick Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:49 am

i was one of those just before IPL 1. i have now changed my stand. i like all three formats. IPL is here to stay. they should shorten it and shouldn't play as many games. that's all.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down