Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

proud gun owner

+2
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

proud gun owner Empty proud gun owner

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:56 am

why do people say, "i am a proud gun owner"? it's not like it's some great achievement like winning the NYC marathon or finding a cure for cancer. you pass a background check and put down a bunch of cash and voila you're a gun owner. have you heard anyone say, "i am a proud owner of a lawn mower"?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

proud gun owner Empty Re: proud gun owner

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 am

talking about lawn mowers, am finally thinking of saving roughly 200 hundred a month, and mow and treat the grass myself this year... god help me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 am

How do people say "I am a proud (single) parent"? People can find pride in anything.

People do say "I am a proud home owner."

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 pm

Ha,
House ownership indicates committment to a location, a steady income, an economic level and an effort to reach that level. A gun could bought by disposable income and is just a decision by an individual. Gun may have meant something hundred years ago but today the word proud and gun ownership does make sense.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Hellsangel wrote:How do people say "I am a proud (single) parent"? People can find pride in anything.

People do say "I am a proud home owner."

various ways of bragging, i suppose.

well, i am a proud kitchen knife owner.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:talking about lawn mowers, am finally thinking of saving roughly 200 hundred a month, and mow and treat the grass myself this year... god help me.

Get a power push mower for some $150. At least, you will get your weekend exercise every other week.

(Don't bank on your kids to help).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:48 pm

truthbetold wrote:Ha,
House ownership indicates committment to a location, a steady income, an economic level and an effort to reach that level. A gun could bought by disposable income and is just a decision by an individual. Gun may have meant something hundred years ago but today the word proud and gun ownership does make sense.

Thank you TBT for clarifying now on what assets one can take pride in owning and what not to. While you are at it, how abt a full list of TBT-approved assets we can all take pride in.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down