Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Seva/sandilya] Beef eating

2 posters

Go down

[Seva/sandilya] Beef eating Empty [Seva/sandilya] Beef eating

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:17 pm

There is evidence of beef eating in the Rig Veda. Your comments?

Back to top Go down

[Seva/sandilya] Beef eating Empty Re: [Seva/sandilya] Beef eating

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 am

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:52 am

Rashmun wrote:There is evidence of beef eating in the Rig Veda. Your comments?

I think you discussed this issue ad nauseam in the past. Perhaps, you will be able to entice the most brilliant SU-CH scholars into a debate on this "extremely important", "do or die" type issue without which Indian culture will evaporate into oblivion. Hopefully, Merlot, Panini, Brahma-ji, et al., will get excited and join you. Unfortunately, the greatest of all scholars, VC, is not here to participate in Dandaka sacrifice dousing rituals.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:04 am

Rashmun: try contacting some DK-heads and Kancha Illaya. Raja, Alagiri and K'nidhi may even fund a conference on it with some of their black money (collected while helping aam admi) and Kancha Ilaya may oranize a beef-eating party. You may even get a chance to worship a Telangana buffalo with mantras chanted in Dakhin language while Kushboo tries not to get her nose cut off by dancing in front of a cow-hugging chaddi.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Rashmun: try contacting some DK-heads and Kancha Illaya. Raja, Alagiri and K'nidhi may even fund a conference on it with some of their black money (collected while helping aam admi) and Kancha Ilaya may oranize a beef-eating party. You may even get a chance to worship a Telangana buffalo with mantras chanted in Dakhin language while Kushboo tries not to get her nose cut off by dancing in front of a cow-hugging chaddi.

this was meant to be a serious question. further, while i have pointed out the existence of beef eating in Vedic texts, i have never examined (to the best of my recollection) the reasons why beef eating became a taboo even though the cow seems to have been eaten at one time as per the evidence of the Vedas and Upanisads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 am

according to this article even Aurangzeb had banned the slaughter of cows which i find interesting:

http://www.indowindow.com/sad/article.php?child=17&article=11

(note: i am not defending Aurangzeb's reimposition of jaziya but pointing out that he was a complicated character.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:16 am

Yeah, Aurangazeb was trying very hard to protect, preserve and foster Hinduism. Some people think that Hitler was vegetarian.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Yeah, Aurangazeb was trying very hard to protect, preserve and foster Hinduism. Some people think that Hitler was vegetarian.

it is true that Hitler was a vegetarian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:20 am

Rashmun wrote:according to this article even Aurangzeb had banned the slaughter of cows which i find interesting:

http://www.indowindow.com/sad/article.php?child=17&article=11

(note: i am not defending Aurangzeb's reimposition of jaziya but pointing out that he was a complicated character.)

Seva please see the article at the link i had given and share your views on the article. thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down