Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmic Form - questions

2 posters

Go down

Cosmic Form - questions Empty Cosmic Form - questions

Post by Petrichor Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:50 pm

1. What is the latest figure of Muslim population in TN?
2. What is the comparative growth rate of Muslim population in TN vs. National Averages?
3. Number of Muslim MLA's in TN.
4. Was DTH an effective preemptive strike against the current stand-off?
5. Is the Centre (sic) currying favors with Hindus by arresting Owaisi and instructing TN govt to release movie?
6. Does JJ possess local intel from CB-CID that a ban is absolutely essential
7. Will the stand-off continue to escalate and DTH prove to be a safe and only option
8. Has Kamal gone too far...are pigs sacred too?
9. Will we get tickets for tomorrow

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Form - questions Empty Re: Cosmic Form - questions

Post by Petrichor Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:41 pm

1. Viswaroopam is a bit too long - could have been crisper.
2. When a hindu does something wrong it becomes a part of hinduism. When a muslim does something wrong - he is just an extremist and a fringe element.

I heard an argument recently - every time there is a communal issue, Muslims will point to the original sin - Ayodhya and never talk about Godhra.
It may be 10 years later and that will continue to be the only retort.

3. When muslims protest that the movie depicts the community bad, they are playing into precisely this trap - by protesting the movie they make the fringe and extreme parts of their religion part of the broader ummah. Do they really want to do this? Is this their coming-out moment?

4. The movie is the first Indian movie of international standards in technical finesse - bonus is an understated Kamal.
5. A movie maker is not under an obligation to paint all sides of a conflict with a neutral brush - Kamal does take the side of FBI+RAW vs. Al Qaeda. He has every right to express his views on the conflict.
6. There is nothing in the movie that denigrates Islam any more than it denigrates Hindus or Christians.

Movie was awesome - can't wait for Viswaroopam II India.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:13 pm

1. What is the latest figure of Muslim population in TN?
>> Don't know. For sure it is growing.

2. What is the comparative growth rate of Muslim population in TN vs. National Averages?
>> Again, it is likely to be higher.

3. Number of Muslim MLA's in TN.
>> No idea. But ask this question after about 25 years, and it is likely to be 10-15% or >>even higher. Even if it isn't, it is likely the MLA's representing those 30-40 ?>>constituencies behave like Political Islamists, irrespective of their religion

4. Was DTH an effective preemptive strike against the current stand-off?
>> I thought DTH was not done. But I do not think it would have succeeded monetarily. >> Moreover, many simply don't own set top boxes.
>>TN is crazy about Films, and seeing in Film Theaters is a big part of their
>> entertainment.

5. Is the Centre (sic) currying favors with Hindus by arresting Owaisi and instructing TN govt to release movie?
>> Handling of Owaisi issue is something local to AP. I do not understand
>>their response. It was an afterthought after the media outcry, something done out o >>compulsion, and also because Owaisi withdrew support prior to that incident. I very >>much doubt if he would have been arrested if he had been part of the coalition.
>>But having said that, Kiran is not like YSR. I think his personal convictions come into >>play here.

6. Does JJ possess local intel from CB-CID that a ban is absolutely essential
>> JJ wants all 39 MP seats to be won by AIADMK, and to blunt the edge of DMDK, >>which has turned hostile. Muslims help in that cause, in a few constituencies in >>North West Tamilnadu and Southern Tamilnadu.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down