Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11-year old nephew from India pissed into the air vent!!!

+9
Propagandhi711
indophile
Nila
Impedimenta
doofus_maximus
MaxEntropy_Man
sambarvada
CroMagnon
harharmahadev
13 posters

Go down

11-year old nephew from India pissed into the air vent!!! Empty 11-year old nephew from India pissed into the air vent!!!

Post by harharmahadev Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 am

My sis and her family visited us from India. My nephew is a fuckin prick! He has a cocky, oversmart attitude and talks like a street urchin. I'm really surprised because my sister and her husband are extremely smart, well spoken people. He was using my kids bathroom. It was like a hurricane hit the bathroom after he used it. I politely told my sister a couple of times that it takes me (or my wife) 45 mins to clean up after their son. However, they didn't seem to get the message. In India, you have a bunch of domestic maids to clean up after them so it's no big deal. Here, I only have two maids - my left hand and my right hand.

The bathroom was stinking of urine for the past couple of days, even after rigorous cleaning. Finally, I figured out the problem. That asshole nephew of mine had been peeing into the air vent. I had to insert my hands into the vents with a wet cloth to dab it all out. I called the HVAC cleaning folks and they said that the pee might have spread through out the house, since the air get's circulated. So basically, they would have to do a whole house HVAC desanitization / cleaning. That's going to cost me ~$600.

I am so fucking frustrated. I have come to the conclusion that Indians, generally speaking, are big slobs. They leave a trail of filth everywhere they go. It's across all age groups, income groups, education groups, or caste or religion. Maybe I'm just tooo upset right now and am venting. But I'm disgusted that this cocky kid pissed all over my brand new home! My wife is devastated, but staying silent.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

11-year old nephew from India pissed into the air vent!!! Empty Re: 11-year old nephew from India pissed into the air vent!!!

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:07 pm

ROFL. That reminds me of a cousin who would run around naked in the house and leave a trail of destruction and pee everywhere. But he was only 3 or 4.

Indian kids are very indisciplined. Desis who move to US learn to discipline their kids to an extent.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

11-year old nephew from India pissed into the air vent!!! Empty Re: 11-year old nephew from India pissed into the air vent!!!

Post by sambarvada Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:27 pm

harharmahadev wrote:I am so fucking frustrated. I have come to the conclusion that Indians, generally speaking, are big slobs. They leave a trail of filth everywhere they go. It's across all age groups, income groups, education groups, or caste or religion. Maybe I'm just tooo upset right now and am venting. But I'm disgusted that this cocky kid pissed all over my brand new home! My wife is devastated, but staying silent.

===> If the host had been non-indians, your sister and her husband would have been very careful and made sure that they and their kid had acted appropriately.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:29 pm

ROTFLMAO. no solution to your problem but ROTFLMAO.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:40 pm

CroMagnon wrote:ROFL. That reminds me of a cousin who would run around naked in the house and leave a trail of destruction and pee everywhere. But he was only 3 or 4.

Indian kids are very indisciplined. Desis who move to US learn to discipline their kids to an extent.

shows how much you know about indian kids..

here the indian kids and american kids don't even stay to listen to their parents' berating...they just say this "Can I go to my room now" every time the parents try to discipline them..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:47 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:shows how much you know about indian kids..

If you think Indian kids are disciplined then LOL and whatever.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:48 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:shows how much you know about indian kids..

dude do you even have kids? the ones i know including mine always get referred to as perfect angels by outsiders including uncles and aunts. they reserve all their nastiness (and i don't want to make it sound like there is a lot of it; just whatever there is of it) for parents.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:50 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:

dude do you even have kids? the ones i know including mine always get referred to as perfect angels by outsiders including uncles and aunts. they reserve all their nastiness (and i don't want to make it sound like there is a lot of it; just whatever there is of it) for parents.

What is your point?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:51 pm

that indian (i.e. indian american) kids generally behave themselves outside their homes.

i don't know about indian kids though. maybe desichatter's nephew is the modern norm. who knows.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:53 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:ROFL. That reminds me of a cousin who would run around naked in the house and leave a trail of destruction and pee everywhere. But he was only 3 or 4.

shows how much you know about indian kids..

here the indian kids and american kids don't even stay to listen to their parents' berating...they just say this "Can I go to my room now" every time the parents try to discipline them..

====>

Come to think of it, Doofus Maximus is correct.

I once went to a 9 year old desi kid's birthday party at Fairfax, VA.

The parents had invited all of her classmates.

And there were three Indian kids as well.

The white parents dropped their kids to return after a few hours.

The first thing one of the white kid said was "Let us check this place."

Then after that it was nothing but chaos.

I saw kids jumping on the bed with their shoes on.

A few white boys and girls were literally dragging a white girl down the stairs.

Cups and plates with partially eaten pizzas and cakes were strewn all over the house.

A lot of noise and name calling.

The hosts were literally overwhelmed by this disorder, did not have the guts to tell the white kids to stop the nonsense.

The white kids had no respect for the hosts.

The only kids who were well behaved were the desi kids.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:56 pm

harharmahadev wrote: My wife is devastated, but staying silent.

You have a good wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:00 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:that indian (i.e. indian american) kids generally behave themselves outside their homes.

i don't know about indian kids though. maybe desichatter's nephew is the modern norm. who knows.

• The context of discussion was Indian kids raised in India and I was replying to that

• I did say that Indian parents who migrate to US learn to discipline their kids to an extent

• Your kids and kids of DM and other CHers would be an exception. CHers are not a representative sample of NRIs
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:03 pm

kinnera wrote:

You have a good wife.

How is staying silent in this issue a virtue? She should rather take a stand and make sure she communicates or makes DC communicate to his sister that this behavior is unacceptable.

Being tolerant of bad behavior only perpetuates it.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:07 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:that indian (i.e. indian american) kids generally behave themselves outside their homes.

• The context of discussion was Indian kids raised in India and I was replying to that

• I did say that Indian parents who migrate to US learn to discipline their kids to an extent

• Your kids and kids of DM and other CHers would be an exception. CHers are not a representative sample of NRIs

this is what I am disagreeing with...

it is very hard to discipline one's kids here..

Indian kids growing up in India have lots of ways to discipline themselves. The amount of school work that they have for example tend to make them more disciplined.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:15 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:

this is what I am disagreeing with...

it is very hard to discipline one's kids here..

Indian kids growing up in India have lots of ways to discipline themselves. The amount of school work that they have for example tend to make them more disciplined.

That Indian kids are more disciplined compared to NRI kids is a misconception. Because NRI kids talk back to their parents where as Indian kids don't, it creates an illusion that the kids are disciplined. It is hardly the case. Indian kids are highly indisciplined; they break down almost all the rules laid down by parents.

Just think about it. How do disciplined kids become indisciplined adults?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:17 pm

How do disciplined kids become indisciplined adults?

freedom that comes with being an adult.

Last edited by doofus_maximus on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My first draft made no sense..hence changed it . Are you ok with this reason?)
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Sorry but this is an LOL moment. Some of these kids from India are brats and I have to agree with that. They have no respect for parents and no regard for property and the heck that comes from the parents most of the time.

Having said that, I think it is a matter of upbringing rather than the fact that these kids are from India or from here. Remember, kids learn from examples and absorb every word and attitude that they hear on a regular basis at home.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Ewwwwww......that would've been hurtful.

If I were you I would call his parents and tell them about it and let them know that I have spent $600 for cleaning up the mess.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:27 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:How do disciplined kids become indisciplined adults?

So you mean Indian parents merely keep their kids disciplined by the use of whip, but fail miserably in providing them values to make responsible adults?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:28 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
kinnera wrote:

You have a good wife.

How is staying silent in this issue a virtue? She should rather take a stand and make sure she communicates or makes DC communicate to his sister that this behavior is unacceptable.

I appreciate her restraint. It won't be approprite for her to say anything to her SIL. That could create tensions. Harhar should do that because she's his sister. He didn't say how his sis and BiL feel abt what their son did.

I had my nieces visit me from india. They were very sweet and well behaved. Never had problems with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:35 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:How do disciplined kids become indisciplined adults?

So you mean Indian parents merely keep their kids disciplined by the use of whip, but fail miserably in providing them values to make responsible adults?

what I meant was.. adults become undisciplined as they are not under their parents roof or watch..they may be american or indian or chinese. and I was answering your specific question.

take a kid who lives at home here in the US. american/indian doesn't matter. He/she could be drinking when they are under age while at home behind their parents' back. But they go to Univ/dorm and they do it with no supervision.. binge drinking happens.
So that means that kid's parents failed in inculcating good values. Doesn't have to be american or indian.

I took this example because I live in an Univ town and come summer or game days all the frat kids do the whole day is drink.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:52 pm

At least your nephew is a kid. I know of guy, a graduate student here living in an upstairs apartment at the time, had to host his wife's uncle's friend's friend visiting from India to present a paper here. The guest squatted Indian-style on the toilet seat and slipped on it. He was lucky he was not injured. Then he washed his feat on the bathroom floor. Water found its way out of the bathroom all the way to downstairs where the old landlady lived:-)

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:55 pm

The big difference that I saw between Indian and NRI kids is that indian kids show a lot of class difference. NRI kids don't understand that.

Also, NRI kids are very sensitive to some issues that don't even register for indian kids. Eg: child labor. My sons were pretty traumatized by that in their last visit to india, so much that they refused to visit india again. (one was a 6th grader and the other a 10th grader at the time.)

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:04 pm

kinnera wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:
kinnera wrote:

You have a good wife.

I appreciate her restraint. It won't be approprite for her to say anything to her SIL. That could create tensions. Harhar should do that because she's his sister. He didn't say how his sis and BiL feel abt what their son did.

I had my nieces visit me from india. They were very sweet and well behaved. Never had problems with them.

My wife was livid. I asked her to calm down and told her that I would take care of it. I gave that kid a earful in front of his parents. My sister and bil were embarrassed and apologized profusely. I told them how much it costs and left it at that.

Another twist to this story is that my parents live very close to my sisters family and bil is a doctor and takes good care of my aged parents. I HAVE to swallow my pride....can't afford to piss him off.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:13 pm

My sister and bil were embarrassed and apologized profusely. I told them how much it costs and left it at that.

That's comforting. It's not that they didn't care. Better to forgive the kid and calm down.

Another twist to this story is that my parents live very close to my sisters family and bil is a doctor and takes good care of my aged parents. I HAVE to swallow my pride....can't afford to piss him off.

You can't think abt piss him off. What he's doing is priceless. $ 600 in the large scheme of things isn't much. Better not to spoil relationships.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:00 pm

kinnera wrote:It won't be approprite for her to say anything to her SIL. That could create tensions. Harhar should do that because she's his sister.

What?! It is her house too, and she is entitled to tell the guests to discipline their kid.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:22 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:what I meant was.. adults become undisciplined as they are not under their parents roof or watch..they may be american or indian or chinese. and I was answering your specific question.

Adults do not become irresponsible/indisciplined because of freedom. It is lack of values inculcated during childhood that makes one an irresponsible adult. If at all, freedom makes one more responsible.

doofus_maximus wrote:take a kid who lives at home here in the US. american/indian doesn't matter. He/she could be drinking when they are under age while at home behind their parents' back. But they go to Univ/dorm and they do it with no supervision.. binge drinking happens.
So that means that kid's parents failed in inculcating good values. Doesn't have to be american or indian.

Those are temporary indiscretions. Yes, they too can be controlled a lot by good values inculcated during childhood.

In any case, I do not use the term kids for 16 yr. olds (at least not yet Very Happy) - I call them youngsters - so I wasn't talking about them. I was talking about fellows 13-14 or younger - an age bracket in which DC's nephew falls.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:41 pm

harharmahadev wrote:India, you have a bunch of domestic maids to clean up after them so it's no big deal. Here, I only have two maids - my left hand and my right hand.

couldn't you like divert some of what you spend on caviar curry towards getting a maid? I mean that cisco investment must be yielding rich dividends....

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:India, you have a bunch of domestic maids to clean up after them so it's no big deal. Here, I only have two maids - my left hand and my right hand.

couldn't you like divert some of what you spend on caviar curry towards getting a maid? I mean that cisco investment must be yielding rich dividends....

My maids are useless. All they like to do is take their top off and lounge by the pool.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:50 pm

harharmahadev wrote:
The bathroom was stinking of urine for the past couple of days, even after rigorous cleaning. Finally, I figured out the problem. That asshole nephew of mine had been peeing into the air vent. they would have to do a whole house HVAC desanitization / cleaning. That's going to cost me ~$600.

Hahahahaha..... You could learn a thing or two from the "pee-Master" (or Master Pee). If you don't like someone - your acquaintance or relative - you can pee in their bathroom vent and take revenge.

Now that $600 to clean the entire home duct system is a bunch of bull. Change the filter and try some spray. Urine is not a health hazard and more of a smell hazard. Open the bathroom vent and turn on the exhaust continuously for a few days. The bathroom air will not circulate into the house.

Oh yeah.... dissolve some camphor in water and sprinkle it into the bathroom vent.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:49 pm

kinnera wrote:The big difference that I saw between Indian and NRI kids is that indian kids show a lot of class difference. NRI kids don't understand that.

They don't show any here!!?? Go to any school in the US where > 90% are white kids and pose the question to a colored kid attending that school.

kinnera wrote: Also, NRI kids are very sensitive to some issues that don't even register for indian kids. Eg: child labor. My sons were pretty traumatized by that in their last visit to india, so much that they refused to visit india again. (one was a 6th grader and the other a 10th grader at the time.)

Of course, two different cultures, different social norms.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:
The bathroom was stinking of urine for the past couple of days, even after rigorous cleaning. Finally, I figured out the problem. That asshole nephew of mine had been peeing into the air vent. they would have to do a whole house HVAC desanitization / cleaning. That's going to cost me ~$600.

Hahahahaha..... You could learn a thing or two from the "pee-Master" (or Master Pee). If you don't like someone - your acquaintance or relative - you can pee in their bathroom vent and take revenge.

Now that $600 to clean the entire home duct system is a bunch of bull. Change the filter and try some spray. Urine is not a health hazard and more of a smell hazard. Open the bathroom vent and turn on the exhaust continuously for a few days. The bathroom air will not circulate into the house.

Oh yeah.... dissolve some camphor in water and sprinkle it into the bathroom vent.

The only advice I liked in the entire thread... I love e'post that shows how to bypass expensive american professional help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:01 pm

So basically, they would have to do a whole house HVAC desanitization / cleaning. That's going to cost me ~$600.

I am so fucking frustrated. I have come to the conclusion that Indians, generally speaking, are big slobs.

>>>> Just read this post and some of the replies. Just pay the $600 and get it over with. The kid seems to be a brat. Hopefully, his parents will rein him in, but I don't think we can make broad generalizations about Indian kids (or NRI/American kids) from small samples.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:20 am

indian kids = undisciplined. i don't have any, but i have seen many. pampering --> lack of discipline. indian kids/men/women = undisciplined. matter closed.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:22 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:

The only advice I liked in the entire thread... I love e'post that shows how to bypass expensive american professional help.

Uppili makes a living out of that...

He should rename himself Shortcut Saamiyaar.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down