Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Kannadiga in Tamil Nadu

5 posters

Go down

A Kannadiga in Tamil Nadu Empty A Kannadiga in Tamil Nadu

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:36 am

HarishSecularOctober 23, 2011 12:52 AM
Nice thoughts!!
I feel you need some more time to study and do some reality check of the Tamil populace areas in BLR like cantonment areas,where they were living for more than 3 -4 generation, doesn't no local lang and make atrocities and mockery of local language.I would like to say nightmare gone through by one of my nephew,where he went to pursue his engineering in printing technology in annamalai university Chennai,One fine day while he was travelling in the local bus he got a call from his parents,while he was conversing in Kannada and suddenly in the bus one lady shouted at him said to stop speaking Kannada and all other in the bus started abusing him telling some derogatory things about Kannada and Karnataka and he immediately got down from the bus and he said his experience to all his friends & relatives,that incident made him to think and had fanatic view on Tamil, In this situation I felt following few words,"One who loves his/her mother tongue! will love other languages!One who hates other languages!Definitely he/she is not human being"

http://bharchive.blogspot.com/2011/07/cauvery-and-karnataka-tamils.html

Back to top Go down

A Kannadiga in Tamil Nadu Empty Re: A Kannadiga in Tamil Nadu

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 am

maybe the poor fella would have done better had he chosen batakhini to converse with his parents, for we all know tamilians are enthusiastically learning batakhini under the auspices of the dakshin bharat batakhini prachar sabha.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:maybe the poor fella would have done better had he chosen batakhini to converse with his parents, for we all know tamilians are enthusiastically learning batakhini under the auspices of the dakshin bharat batakhini prachar sabha.

'Humko hindi nahi maloom, humko english nahi maloom. Only Tamil!'

--Tamil Bus conductor to yours truly in Vellore (when i wanted to enquire of him about where i need to get off the bus)

i had made the initial enquiry in english. further, when he said those words to me it was as if he was yelling at me angrily. but for the fact that i knew many friendly and affectionate tamilians i may have developed a lifelong bias against all tamils based on this one incident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:06 am

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:maybe the poor fella would have done better had he chosen batakhini to converse with his parents, for we all know tamilians are enthusiastically learning batakhini under the auspices of the dakshin bharat batakhini prachar sabha.

'Humko hindi nahi maloom, humko english nahi maloom. Only Tamil!'

--Tamil Bus conductor to yours truly in Vellore (when i wanted to enquire of him about where i need to get off the bus)

i had made the initial enquiry in english. further, when he said those words to me it was as if he was yelling at me angrily. but for the fact that i knew many friendly and affectionate tamilians i may have developed a lifelong bias against all tamils based on this one incident.

???? actually you have been terrorised by the angry yelling...Razz

I should count many many incidents from Naarthies against me not knowing hindi. I used to get pissed off, talking in my expert Hindi - to shut their mouth.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Rashmun wrote:
you should have asked "driver sir, enakku enge kute?"

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Until now I did not realize Rashmun's divide and rule strategy.

In a previous thread Max posted an excerpt from Deccan Heralkd comment where a Kannadiga criticized Hindi imposition and supported removing Hindi signs in Madurai. Immediately Rashmun started 3 thread with cut and pastes where Kannadigas and Tamils criticize each other.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Until now I did not realize Rashmun's divide and rule strategy.

In a previous thread Max posted an excerpt from Deccan Heralkd comment where a Kannadiga criticized Hindi imposition and supported removing Hindi signs in Madurai. Immediately Rashmun started 3 thread with cut and pastes where Kannadigas and Tamils criticize each other.
Ha, that explains it!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Until now I did not realize Rashmun's divide and rule strategy.

My posts preceded Max's post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:09 pm

panini press wrote:

Ha, that explains it!

tut tut how low the mighty have fallen!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:

The following thread is where Max posted the comments from Deccan Herald.
https://such.forumotion.com/t10658-tamils-vs-tamils-removal-of-hindi-signboards-in-madurai#82039
In this thread look for "Raghavendra" comment. You will find that Max posted it at "Yesterday at 5:29 am"

You started this thread we are reading at "Yesterday at 5:36 am"

So I am correct. You started this thread after Max.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

https://such.forumotion.com/t10658-tamils-vs-tamils-removal-of-hindi-signboards-in-madurai#82039
In this thread look for "Raghavendra" comment. You will find that Max posted it at "Yesterday at 5:29 am"

It is a just a few minutes difference. the crucial point is that i did not read Max's comment before posting the original post in this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

It is a just a few minutes difference. the crucial point is that i did not read Max's comment before posting the original post in this thread.

First of all, 7 minutes is more thyan enough to create a thread.

Secondly,

That is not what you said in an earlier reply about an hour or so ago. You said "My posts preceded Max's post." Then, as if you scored a point, you gloated "How the nighty have fallen."

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

That is not what you said in an earlier reply about an hour or so ago. You said "My posts preceded Max's post." Then, as if you scored a point, you gloated "How the nighty have fallen."

that is what i thought at the time. when max made his post i was probably reading the article i would post just a few minutes after max posted. at any rate you are back following your old tactic of nitpicking on trivial details like an old aunt.

btw, Prabhakaran is dead and LTTE is finished. get over it. time to wake up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Rashmun wrote:
that is what i thought at the time. when max made his post i was probably reading the article i would post just a few minutes after max posted.

So, within 7 minutes of Max posting Kannadiga supporting Tamils on Hindi, it suddenlyu came to you that you should post Kannadigas and Tamils criticizing each other? Seems so coincidental. There was no other post abbout Kannadigas and Tamils that day before Max post. Odd coincidence that it came to you that you need to post Kannadigas and Tamils at that time.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
that is what i thought at the time. when max made his post i was probably reading the article i would post just a few minutes after max posted.

So, within 7 minutes of Max posting Kannadiga supporting Tamils on Hindi, it suddenlyu came to you that you should post Kannadigas and Tamils criticizing each other? Seems so coincidental. There was no other post abbout Kannadigas and Tamils that day before Max post. Odd coincidence that it came to you that you need to post Kannadigas and Tamils at that time.
Oh, it wasn't just this thread either. There were two other threads he posted, right after this one. The titles had stuff like "Tamilians in Karnataka" and "dispute" in them. Strange coincidences, indeed! That is why I posted a new thread called "Agenda du jour: divide and rule."
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I was probably already engrossed in reading the article i was going to post at the time Max made his post. It is possible i read 2-3 articles and then posted an article i liked. I am pretty sure i did not read Max's post before i made my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:44 pm

panini press wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Oh, it wasn't just this thread either. There were two other threads he posted, right after this one. The titles had stuff like "Tamilians in Karnataka" and "dispute" in them. Strange coincidences, indeed! That is why I posted a new thread called "Agenda du jour: divide and rule."

The heart warms to see this new friendship developing between PP and his new buddy KV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down