Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you drink coffee?

+2
Maria S
Rishi
6 posters

Go down

Do you drink coffee? Empty Do you drink coffee?

Post by Rishi Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:18 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-couple-addicted-coffee-enemas/story?id=18433235

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Do you drink coffee? Empty Re: Do you drink coffee?

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:44 pm

As an avid coffee "drinker" rushed to read this thread. The title is so misleading! Bad Sara:)
*These people are well..I told you all..for everybody there is somebody..talk about "purging soulmates"..

Excerpt:
"Her husband Mike, 45, said he initially thought, "Oh my god, how disgusting," but then he tried it, "and now I am addicted."

*People cringe when they read that "in the beginning"-it was Eve who made Adam do bad things- he was "not supposed to"..apple and snake stuff..see what this woman did! What is the matter with this pretty lady? Can't she teach him some good stuff to be addicted to..and these people boasting about this - euphoria alright, yikes!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Even within the exotic genre of Sarabojian news, this is certainly a special one.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:23 pm

i thot this was a trick question...like if you're a bongoli, you dont drink coffee etc.

PS: don't call me a castiest. even bengolis laugh about eating water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

seven wrote:i thot this was a trick question...like if you're a bongoli, you dont drink coffee etc.

What's worse, they even eat cigarettes.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:28 pm

panini press wrote:
seven wrote:i thot this was a trick question...like if you're a bongoli, you dont drink coffee etc.

lol! you're funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:31 am

Although I am a kala(i)rasigai and coffee-kadhali (!)..not even close to these creative people!

Coffee Foam art- from buzzfeed..

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/the-40-most-amazing-examples-of-coffee-foam-art

From Dubya to Muthaiya..everyone seems to be in art..big time!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:44 am

panini press wrote:

LOL! they should be drinking it the normal way like the hindians do.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:55 am

when i first stepped into the hostel's mess at IIT-b, i went looking for coffee. i wasn't raised in a tea-drinking culture. i was directed to a stainless steel pot containing some kind of glop. i was advised to spoon a bit of that into a cup and pour hot milk over it. i tried it and nearly threw up. from that day forward, i became a tea-drinker through my four years at the hostel. things i'm sure have changed now with the advent of all kinds of western outfits in india, but back then there was no culture of good coffee outside of the southern states.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:01 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:when i first stepped into the hostel's mess at IIT-b, i went looking for coffee. i wasn't raised in a tea-drinking culture. i was directed to a stainless steel pot containing some kind of glop. i was advised to spoon a bit of that into a cup and pour hot milk over it. i tried it and nearly threw up. from that day forward, i became a tea-drinker through my four years at the hostel. things i'm sure have changed now with the advent of all kinds of western outfits in india, but back then there was no culture of good coffee outside of the southern states.

No ICH in your times or area? That's where we would hang out for coffee, at least in early 90s.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:14 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:when i first stepped into the hostel's mess at IIT-b, i went looking for coffee. i wasn't raised in a tea-drinking culture. i was directed to a stainless steel pot containing some kind of glop. i was advised to spoon a bit of that into a cup and pour hot milk over it. i tried it and nearly threw up. from that day forward, i became a tea-drinker through my four years at the hostel. things i'm sure have changed now with the advent of all kinds of western outfits in india, but back then there was no culture of good coffee outside of the southern states.

No ICH in your times or area? That's where we would hang out for coffee, at least in early 90s.
powai is forested and removed from main mumbai. maybe not so much now. otoh, all campuses i visited last year had nescafe kiosks serving hot and cold coffee, cappuccino etc.

Do you drink coffee? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3eI0rvocmKCFWMze3hzCQhNHDu7DhTRsF1Wt_WLmDmRLLeCX4wg

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:04 pm

panini press wrote:Even within the exotic genre of Sarabojian news, this is certainly a special one.

>>>>A new low, you mean? Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Rishi wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-couple-addicted-coffee-enemas/story?id=18433235

>>> The doctor opined thusly: "There's a down side and really no up side to it". No kidding.

A couple of key takeaways for me:

1) I am starting to see why VB wants to stick to Indians on the dating circuit.
2) WFH is a very bad idea. Too much time on your hands leads to these types of hobbies.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Rishi wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-couple-addicted-coffee-enemas/story?id=18433235

**As for Mike and Trina, for the past two years they have been "unable to
function" without their coffee enema, a ritual that takes five hours of
planning and executing each day.

Any time you mess with the nature it only messes up.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
panini press wrote:

The good news for synthesis and national integration is, the ever-ingratiating Telugus also drink their cigarettes. No idea what my Kannadiga and Thamizh brethren do with their Gold Flakes, Classics, and Charminars! (Not to speak of my one-time favorite, Ganesh-beedis).
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:05 am

panini press wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
panini press wrote:

The good news for synthesis and national integration is, the ever-ingratiating Telugus also drink their cigarettes. No idea what my Kannadiga and Thamizh brethren do with their Gold Flakes, Classics, and Charminars! (Not to speak of my one-time favorite, Ganesh-beedis).
really? i did not know this. this is good synthesis. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down