Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gambhir dropped

5 posters

Go down

Gambhir dropped Empty Gambhir dropped

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Wonder why Sehwag is picked, guess they didn't want to make it too drastic. I thought Ishant Sharma is not fit enough..

India squad for first two Australia Tests

• MS Dhoni (capt.), Virender Sehwag, Sachin
    Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, M Vijay, Ajinkya Rahane,
    Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh, Ishant Sharma,
    Bhuvneshwar Kumar, R Ashwin, Pragyan Ojha, Ashok Dinda
  • In: Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Harbhajan Singh
  • Out: Gautam Gambhir, Piyush Chawla, Parvinder Awa

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Gambhir dropped Empty Re: Gambhir dropped

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Jadeja and ashwin retained. Chawla vs bajji, may be bajji got node because of past history. Why don't they look at jaffer? Whether he has ten more years or not he was really in good form at this time. I do not about his fielding. But they should pick a team based on technique and current form. Age should play a smaller role.
at the end of the day the truth remains india does not have good bowlers even at home. Australian batting is better suited to indian conditions.
Unless indian batting comes up with some great and consistent performance aussies are stronv favorites.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:54 pm

truthbetold wrote:Jadeja and ashwin retained. Chawla vs bajji, may be bajji got node because of past history. Why don't they look at jaffer? Whether he has ten more years or not he was really in good form at this time. I do not about his fielding. But they should pick a team based on technique and current form. Age should play a smaller role.
at the end of the day the truth remains india does not have good bowlers even at home. Australian batting is better suited to indian conditions.
Unless indian batting comes up with some great and consistent performance aussies are stronv favorites.

Yeah! Chawla didn't do himself any favors in his last outing; wonder why they picked 4 spinners I guess Jadeja is considered an all rounder. I do agree batting is what tips the scale and I'm afraid Aussies are far superior in that category at present not to take away anything from their talented bowling dept.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:09 pm

I think Harbhajan is being used as a stand by for Ashwin at this time. Also, Ashwin is a more dependable bat.

So it is likely to be Jadeja and Ashwin, and 2 so-called fast bowlers. They can use Ojha or Harbhajan depending on the site/past success.

Can we dump Dhoni and use Rayadu ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Ashwin isn't doing so well either, so Bhajji got his foot back in the door.
And the selectors don't want to leave him stranded at 99 tests either.

Gambhir had to go. People were wondering what else he needs to do to get dropped and finally they don't have to wonder any more.
I think Jaffer was overlooked due to age, fielding and the fact that Dhawan is a leftie like Gambhir.

BK did well in the ODIs with the new ball. In test matches it will be interesting to see if he can get any reverse swing with the old ball.

Forget winning the series, I will be happy if India show some fight and a positive attitude. I am tired of this team collapsing like a pack of cards in test match after test match.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:13 pm

nevada wrote:Ashwin isn't doing so well either, so Bhajji got his foot back in the door.
And the selectors don't want to leave him stranded at 99 tests either.

Gambhir had to go. People were wondering what else he needs to do to get dropped and finally they don't have to wonder any more.
I think Jaffer was overlooked due to age, fielding and the fact that Dhawan is a leftie like Gambhir.

BK did well in the ODIs with the new ball. In test matches it will be interesting to see if he can get any reverse swing with the old ball.

Forget winning the series, I will be happy if India show some fight and a positive attitude. I am tired of this team collapsing like a pack of cards in test match after test match.

Jaffer is one who has been wronged. The guy did well in tests and does great in domestic and fielding is better than Sehwag and Ashwin and Sachin. He is being overlooked due to age, but he is fitter than Ashwin and we have the old man SRT still in the team...so that should not be a factor. they keep ignoring Abhinav and Pandey, when they are young and then ignore them later bcz they are old.

So is Rahul Sharma going to retire having played the max numberof tests without debuting?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:54 pm

How many openers are in the squad? Vijay, Dhawan and Rahane in addition to Sehwag that too for a home series?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:33 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:How many openers are in the squad? Vijay, Dhawan and Rahane in addition to Sehwag that too for a home series?

I think it is all Patil bringing in the brilliant strategy of the 70s. All Idnian batsmen are assumed to be great batsmen against Spinners. So they need to find ones who can play fast bowling. What better way than to stack the entire team with openers. That way we can send anyone to open the innings - similar to the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:36 am

this bowling unit does not inspire any confidence. take a look. they can't take 20 AUS wickets even if AUS played blindfolded with a hand tied to their back.

ishant sharma, bhuvaneshwar kumar, r ashwin, p ojha, harbhajan singh and ashoke dinda.

ishant sharma has always been an average bowler whose only achievement was causing some discomfort to ponting a few years ago. bhuvaneshwar kumar is an unknown quantity who has swung the new ball (that's the key) in ODIs. but he, i think, is mainly a new ball bowler and unlikely to threat AUS lineup. both h singh and r ashwin define the gold standard of uselessness. when swann and panesar were taking wickets after wickets, r ashwin was giving an average of 175 runs to take a solitary wicket of bresnan, anderson or some such tail-ender. dinda who?

ojha is the only decent selection. of course, selectors had to select from whatever was available and this is the best that's available. indian test cricket is going down the tube. another drubbing is a certainty.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:30 am

Another feature missingfrom test team is the fight back. May be it was gone with dravid and laxnan. When chips are down, no one seems to take the leadership and hold one end up and wait for bowling to ease.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:How many openers are in the squad? Vijay, Dhawan and Rahane in addition to Sehwag that too for a home series?

I think it is all Patil bringing in the brilliant strategy of the 70s. All Idnian batsmen are assumed to be great batsmen against Spinners. So they need to find ones who can play fast bowling. What better way than to stack the entire team with openers. That way we can send anyone to open the innings - similar to the 70s, 80s and 90s.

and everyone else is a potential make shift opener.

Whose brilliant idea is this to schedule two tour matches at the same venue where the first test will be played.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down