Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This guru scares me

4 posters

Go down

This guru scares me Empty This guru scares me

Post by sambarvada Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:17 pm

http://tehelka.com/story_main49.asp?filename=Ne110611GODFELLAS.asp

===> Look at his picture

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

This guru scares me Empty Re: This guru scares me

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Sri Sri twirling an umbrella like a Japanese schoolgirl scared you? How about this?

This guru scares me Baba_ramdev
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Back in the Far East again?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:15 pm

sambarvada wrote:http://tehelka.com/story_main49.asp?filename=Ne110611GODFELLAS%2Easp

===> Look at his picture

Do you have anything beyond the picture to back up your 'scare'? I bet certain photos of every celebrity in the world look scary. So, what?

The article said: "When a guru is inaccessible as Sri Sri is, the only way to decode what he’s all about is to look at his following." That is so fucking false. Countless people meet Sri Sri Ravishankar and countless media people interview him day in and day out.

Is there anything in particular in that article that you find objectionable or scary? If yes, let's talk about it.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:41 am

This article has only two main 'criticisms' of Ravishankar:

1. He is not taking any partisan stand on issues like the Gujarat riots. He conducts his yoga classes for people from all sides of different issues, all over the world. He actually says things like, he won't pass any comments or accuse anybody without conclusive proof. How is any of this wrong? These are things for which he should actually be praised. If he took a partisan stand on any of the issues, supporting any side, do you think the magazines like Tehelka would keep quiet? They would have even more fuel to criticize him. Forget about there not being any conclusive proof. Even if there are was conclusive proof about wrong doing by anybody, Ravishankar would still offer his yoga classes to those people and that is how it should be. Yoga (like medicine) cannot be denied to anybody, whether they are good or bad, accused or guilty or innocent.

2. The second criticism is that his followers are fanatic. For one thing, Ravishankar's followers are only as fanatic as the followers of Sachin Tendulkar or Rajnikanth. They are not like the followers of Sathya Sai Baba and Nithyananda who consider their gurus as incarnations of Krishna and Shiva respectively. It is also not true that followers of Ravishankar are not allowed to question anything. In many of the events that Ravishankar attends, he does not even give a prepared speech. He dedicates the entire sessions to answering questions from people.

Bottomline is that, Tehelka did not find any real dirt against Ravishankar. So, they could come up with nothing more than the two points mentioned above. If they really found anything worse, do you think they would keep quiet? And they deliberately chose to print that photo with the article. This is no different from the sensationalistic rags in the US - they choose the worst possible photos that they can find of celebrities when they are printing sensationalistic, rumor-mongering articles about them.

So sambarvada - are you going to answer my questions from the previous post or are you going to accept defeat, tuck your tail between your legs and run away from my questions? Other than the photo, is there anything in particular in that article or about Ravishankar in general that you find objectionable or scary?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down