Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much ado about letter formatting

4 posters

Go down

Much ado about letter formatting Empty Much ado about letter formatting

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:41 pm

John McCain seems to be getting increasingly bizarre...

"I have not received the letter," McCain told CNN Thursday morning. "They sent the letter to Sen. Levin. It was Sen Graham and I and Ayotte that asked for an answer. We haven't received an answer."

In the interview, he said the letter's delay was a chief reason he was holding up a vote on Hagel's nomination.

"I have to receive a letter, I have to receive a letter, see whether I receive a letter or not, and there are other questions that other senators have raised which are not answered as well," McCain told CNN.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rebeccaberg/john-mccains-office-denies-delaying-hagel-nomination-over-le
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Much ado about letter formatting Empty Re: Much ado about letter formatting

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Nice to see you look into buzzfeed:)

Seriously, I am not surprised at all..it may seem petty..but, older (people of seniority- in any field- not just military, anywhere in the US) are usually very particular about the letter/verbal etiquette.."order of names"..even if you have 10 VPs..in a company/Org..it'a a good idea to list them according to the right order or in an event thank them according to seniority..have been there many times..people pay attention to these things.

I have gotten so much grief..for saying "best regards" to one person vs. plain "regards" or "best wishes"...and better make them all identical! And if there is an event..better "invite them"- in the same way..if you invite"family/spouse"..better do that for all. It's like older relatives in India..make sure people..are not offended,.be "identical" in the way you invite everyone!

Speaking of importance..have you seen this pic with North Korean generals and their medals..they are very particular about "rankings and order"Smile

http://images.plus613.net/images/29900/www_plus613_com_skoreyabig.jpg
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Reminds me of Selina Meyer!

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Hahaha @ North Korean picture. They will soon need a method to pin medals on their pants.

PS: I really like Buzzfeed -- thanks for suggesting it. I used to read Politico earlier, now all done with that site, thanks to Buzzfeed.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:25 pm

Yeah, positioning is very important (of bodies or names in lists). Brutus was after all the right hand man of Caesar, the table had to be oval for Vietnam peace talks in order to convey an impression of talks between equals, Hanuman had to use his tail to make a seat for himself that's a tad higher than Ravana's, etc. etc.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down