Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khobrogade's letter

+6
Kris
Propagandhi711
Hellsangel
Kayalvizhi
Impedimenta
confuzzled dude
10 posters

Go down

Khobrogade's letter Empty Khobrogade's letter

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:44 pm

I am so grateful for all the outpouring of unequivocal support and backing that has been available to me from the fraternity. I take comfort in the confidence that this invaluable support will also be translated into strong and swift action, to ensure the safety of me and my children, as also to preserve the dignity of our service which is unquestionably under siege.

While I was going through it, although I must admit that I broke down many times as the indignities of repeated handcuffing, stripping and cavity searches, swabbing, hold up with common criminals and drug addicts were all being imposed upon me despite my incessant assertions of immunity, I got the strength to regain composure and remain dignified thinking that I must represent all of my colleagues and my country with confidence and pride. I feel I can continue to do so thanks to this strong and prolific support.

I cannot say more now but will later, I did feel the deep need to thank you all so much.

Devyani

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/devyani-khobrogade-letter-to-her-colleagues-the-full-text/2013/12/18/aaad7018-6804-11e3-ae56-22de072140a2_story.html?hpid=z4

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Khobrogade's letter Empty Re: Khobrogade's letter

Post by Impedimenta Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:49 pm

her children were in danger? from what? dignity of what the who was under the what, again?  scratch 

I get it that a strip search was not necessary, given the nature of the crime she is accused of but the rest of the drama is pure BS.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:53 pm

>>>>< safety of me and my children,

Is her or her family safety ever in question. This is playing innocent, victim card where the real victim is her maid who was asked to work at slave wages. Maid's family in India may be in danger from police harassment. There is a arrest warrant for her in India. For what? Reporting this Indian diplomats illegal activity?

'
>>>>  to preserve the dignity of our service which is unquestionably under siege

She damaged the dignity of Indian Foreign Service by bring a maid from India andf making her work at slave wage.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:54 pm

How can I get the e-mail address of your ambassador?
 Not the offuicial one that no one reads. Somnething that he or a senior assistant will read.

Last edited by Kayalvizhi on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:How can I get the e-mail address of your ambassador?

Which ambassador?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Your country (India) ambassador to US.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Your country (India) ambassador to US.
If you want the email address of the Indian ambassador to the US, Trollus, look for the website of the Indian Embassy in Washington DC and find it from there.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:01 pm

No body reads that e-mail because all sort of nonsense is mailed to that e-mail. I want something he or a senior assistant is sure to read. I have a few things to convey to Indian external affairs ministry.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:04 pm

we'll be right on it, kavalyizhi. anything else, maybe chai tea etc?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:11 pm

"In exchange for her cooperation, Sangeeta and her family have been provided T Non-immigrant Visas as the first step toward issuing them U.S. Green Cards."

http://www.searchindia.com/2013/12/18/sangeeta-richard-gutsy-indian-maid-on-fast-track-to-u-s-green-card/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:13 pm

THat maid and family should never be sent back to India or its oiccupied territories. Already there isn arrest warrant for her in India for reporting the Indian diplomat violating US law.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:THat maid and family should never be sent back to India or its oiccupied territories. Already there isn arrest warrant for her in India for reporting the Indian diplomat violating US law.

"The absconding maid's family reportedly flew to New York on December 10, just two days before the diplomat's arrest. India was in touch with the US since June after the passport of the maid was cancelled."

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/devyani-khobragade-arrest-case-maid-sangeeta-richard-india-us-diplomatic-face-off-new-york-police/1/331811.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:08 pm

>> The absconding maid's family reportedly flew to New York on December 10, just two days before the diplomat's arrest.

Thank god they were out of danger. They should be given asylum in US

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Impedimenta wrote:her children were in danger? from what? dignity of what the who was under the what, again?  scratch 

I get it that a strip search was not necessary, given the nature of the crime she is accused of but the rest of the drama is pure BS.
>>>Her children would be in danger if their mother was sitting in prison, wouldn't they? The dignity angle is probably a reference to the strip search, which is outrageous. The idiots who cleared this and the grandstanding bharara were way out of line. The accusations could well have merit, but any Chinese or arabs held up to these standards? I think Preet's agenda needs to be looked into as well.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Kris ,
+1 brother. i too suspect some personal advancement agenda behind all this mess. bharara or some ngo is pushing buttons.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Irrespective of whatever conspiracy theory goes in your head, the folliwing are facts,

This Indian diplomat lied in the maids visa appliction. This Indian diplomat paid the maid slave wages.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:24 pm

truthbetold wrote:Kris ,
+1 brother. i too suspect some personal advancement agenda behind all this mess. bharara or some ngo is pushing buttons.

Looks like this is the 3rd incident in last couple years involving Indian consulate employee; obviously, DoS has been keeping an eye. Hopefully, this incident will discourage consulate employees from such hiring practices.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:53 pm

what are the other 2 instances

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:18 am

confuzzled dude wrote:I am so grateful for all the outpouring of unequivocal support and backing that has been available to me from the fraternity. I take comfort in the confidence that this invaluable support will also be translated into strong and swift action, to ensure the safety of me and my children, as also to preserve the dignity of our service which is unquestionably under siege.

While I was going through it, although I must admit that I broke down many times as the indignities of repeated handcuffing, stripping and cavity searches, swabbing, hold up with common criminals and drug addicts were all being imposed upon me despite my incessant assertions of immunity, I got the strength to regain composure and remain dignified thinking that I must represent all of my colleagues and my country with confidence and pride. I feel I can continue to do so thanks to this strong and prolific support.

I cannot say more now but will later, I did feel the deep need to thank you all so much.

Devyani

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/devyani-khobrogade-letter-to-her-colleagues-the-full-text/2013/12/18/aaad7018-6804-11e3-ae56-22de072140a2_story.html?hpid=z4

This woman doesn't admit to any wrongdoing and plays victim. While I feel that a strip search was totally unwarranted in this case, seeing that she shows zero remorse for deliberately falsifying data and breaking the law, I have zero sympathy for her.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 am

are the security barricades back in place now? and the american maamis and maamas in india back to enjoying their exalted status?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:25 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:No body reads that e-mail because all sort of nonsense is mailed to that e-mail. I want something he or a senior assistant is sure to read. I have a few things to convey to Indian external affairs ministry.

In email Header say "This is from Commander PIRABHAKARAN...."

Trust me even the PM and Sonia will read your email (also, the FBI, NSA, and Preet Barara).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:32 am

in a side note preet bharara was awarded medal of honor for mistreating someone from his dad's home country in a secret ceremony at the white house. he was also promised to become the gov'ner of NY after his current tenure at DA office. now it all makes sense

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down