Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These Photographs Are Genuine

+5
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Kayalvizhi
MaxEntropy_Man
southindian
Rishi
9 posters

Go down

These Photographs Are Genuine Empty These Photographs Are Genuine

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:01 am

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?284026

Rishi

Back to top Go down

These Photographs Are Genuine Empty Re: These Photographs Are Genuine

Post by southindian Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 am

Unfortunate but collateral damage in every war.

USA in Iraq, Afghanistan
India in J&K, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka

This is not isolated or new. People only come to know about these with pictures like this one.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:33 am

southindian wrote:Unfortunate but collateral damage in every war.

USA in Iraq, Afghanistan
India in J&K, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka

This is not isolated or new. People only come to know about these with pictures like this one.

do you know the meaning of the phrase collateral damage? collateral damage is when people get killed unintentionally. for example, a drone attack that kills civilians in addition to terrorist targets. this is cold blooded murder of a child.

now that i know what happened, i am going to be relentless in writing to my politicians to impose sanctions on sri lanka. this is the most uncivilized behavior for a supposedly democratic country. the sri lankan and tamil journalists who brought these photographs to light are heroes. this is thoroughly disgusting.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:57 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

USA in Iraq, Afghanistan
India in J&K, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka

do you know the meaning of the phrase collateral damage? collateral damage is when people get killed unintentionally. for example, a drone attack that kills civilians in addition to terrorist targets. this is cold blooded murder of a child.

now that i know what happened, i am going to be relentless in writing to my politicians to impose sanctions on sri lanka. this is the most uncivilized behavior for a supposedly democratic country. the sri lankan and tamil journalists who brought these photographs to light are heroes. this is thoroughly disgusting.

Don't care about the meaning Max and details of collateral damage. You and JM head that team.

Anyways, all known/unknown deaths are intentional in a War with an end-goal to achieve desired outcome through bullet.

Do you think US fighter pilots closed their eyes when they dropped those carpet bombs on Iraq, hoping only terrorists died. Hundreds of thousands died. They knew who they were killing below.

You ONLY come to know atrocities with pictures/stories. India did it in J&K and Sri Lanka.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:13 am

well you know the meaning now. learning to use language correctly is important. otherwise you run the risk of sounding uninformed and unable to reason.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 am

Max, thanks to the internet I know or can find meanings of words/sentences. I'm just not willing in future to waste 4 posts on grammar/English, which I did today. I do get my meaning across.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:29 am

i know you can find out the meaning of words quickly. i am urging you to do so before you post blather. you clearly did not get your point across because you did not know the meaning of the phrase collateral damage until i told you what it means. please correct this tendency to be defensive about your lack of language skills. you can get better if you try.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:42 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i know you can find out the meaning of words quickly. i am urging you to do so before you post blather. you clearly did not get your point across because you did not know the meaning of the phrase collateral damage until i told you what it means. please correct this tendency to be defensive about your lack of language skills. you can get better if you try.

Love it. You pretend well, to be a teacher and am moved by your compassion to correct. Smile Blah! don't care.

Now you are allowed to continue discussion on the topic or move on...
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:30 pm

USA in Iraq, Afghanistan
India in J&K, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka

I am not aware of a single case where US killed children deliberately. Here it is deliberate.

That is a major difference

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:

USA in Iraq, Afghanistan
India in J&K, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka

I am not aware of a single case where US killed children deliberately. Here it is deliberate.

That is a major difference

why is there not much discussion of this in the western press? this is truly horrific.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:44 pm

i don't think any network news mention it.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:36 pm

[quote="MaxEntropy_Man"]
now that i know what happened, i am going to be relentless in writing to my politicians to impose sanctions on sri lanka. this is the most uncivilized behavior for a supposedly democratic country. the sri lankan and tamil journalists who brought these photographs to light are heroes. this is thoroughly disgusting. [quote="MaxEntropy_Man"]

Yes... you will have to....until you collect your social security.

As bad and despicable what the SL army did to the kids
and women, NOTHING will come off it. You can write to every politcian
you want. It is real politik -here is why:

- The Chinese and
Pakis, who dont care for abuses or genocide, are neck deep in SL. They
love to move into any region that is blacklisted by the West. That fear
is always in the minds of the west and INDIA. India will work for a
watered down resolution for its own interests.

- SL does not
export its terrorism outside its borders. They don't train foreign
terrorists. So the West - europeans - will not oblige.

- There is very little international implications.

- None of the islamic countries will condemn as no muslims are involved.

- last but one, how many friends do SL tamilians have?

- lastly, so was the domination and butchery of LTTE, all SL Tamil issues are viewed through the lens of L T T E (That is why I say Pirabhakaran and LTTE did the greatest disservice to Tamilians and SL Tamils).

All
these are important bcz the geneva resolution is passed by a majority
with no veto - in which case the Ruskies and Chinkus will always vote
NO.

So any which way you see, this is a no go.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

- lastly, so was the domination and butchery of LTTE, all SL Tamil issues are viewed through the lens of L T T E (That is why I say Pirabhakaran and LTTE did the greatest disservice to Tamilians and SL Tamils).

irrelevant. the LTTE was elected by nobody. this SL government is a representative of its people and is expected to act decently and obey all international laws. my senator is elizabeth warren. i expect her to respond to my letter. and if it takes the length of time when i am about to receive social security, so be it. i will NOT let up. this article has me really worked up. it is an abomination, what they have done to this boy. i am amazed you don't have the humanity to recognize it for what it is.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:i don't think any network news mention it.

If it inolved a white kid/family, the whole western media would talk about it.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:56 pm

[quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar"][quote="MaxEntropy_Man"]
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

- The Chinese and

- SL does not

All
NO.

You have put this up well Uppili.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:02 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

irrelevant. the LTTE was elected by nobody. this SL government is a representative of its people and is expected to act decently and obey all international laws. my senator is elizabeth warren. i expect her to respond to my letter. and if it takes the length of time when i am about to receive social security, so be it. i will NOT let up. this article has me really worked up. it is an abomination, what they have done to this boy. i am amazed you don't have the humanity to recognize it for what it is.

Max:

This is not First Law of Thermo... Fairness is not conserved.

This follows the Second Law: Passing a resolution on SL for its "War crimes" will be a clear violation. There is not even a Whisper on any of the major media. With "people" not caring diddly no Govt is going to pick up a fight against a War-winner and a Govt that does not export its problems to the West and the middle east. So the result will be subjected to second law of Thermo and the resolution that gets passed in geneva - IF AT ALL - will be a seriously watered down useless crap. mark my words - the key player in this passing this useless resolution will be India, and the West will defer to India on the final outcome for fear of giving up the control to the Chinkus and pakis.

I will bet my $1 on this useless resolution passed in Geneva.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Are we discussing this?

These Photographs Are Genuine Hyderabad10_20130222

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:06 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Max, the humanitarian angle doesn't cut it. If it were, you would take the closest Mass-Pike exit for protest site against US killings of innocent in Iraq/Afghanistan. I would say it's the Tamilian connection that beckons you.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:10 pm

[quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar"][quote="MaxEntropy_Man"]
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

- The Chinese and

- SL does not

All
NO.

Uppster: Possibly for the first time I agree with most of your comments. The silence of India is deafening on this matter. Only a few times in my life have I been as totally upset and horrified as I was watching Channel 4 videos and photographs. IMO Jayalalitha has more balls than all of the guys in the UPA Cabinet put together because she simply refused to have the Asian games held in Tamil Nadu unless Sri Lanka is banned from participation (similar to SA being banned from the Olympics in 1964 and other International Open events for its apartheid policy and atrocities against black people).

I think if enough people care to write to various politicians and the media, there is a good chance that India will get out of its 3-do-nothing-monkeys mode and actually take SL to task along with the international community through the U.N. You might see no merit in that. I see no harm in that. And I truly believe it is the least one can do as a decent and compassionate human being.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 pm

southindian wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Max, the humanitarian angle doesn't cut it. If it were, you would take the closest Mass-Pike exit for protest site against US killings of innocent in Iraq/Afghanistan. I would say it's the Tamilian connection that beckons you.

what makes you think that i don't protest america's wars? i have been consistently against the iraq war. i have always treated the afghanistan war a little differently because it was a retaliation against the 9/11 attacks.

that said, you are deliberately conflating two different issues -- war by a nation state against its enemies and the cold-blooded murder of a defenseless boy by a professional army of a nation state. i won't deny it strikes me at a deeper level because i am more aware of the modern history of sri lanka, but it would be the same whether it happened in sudan or sri lanka. the question is, why are YOU unmoved, and why are you questioning my motives instead of picking up a pen or a keyboard to write to your elected representatives?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:28 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

Uppster: Possibly for the first time I agree with most of your comments. The silence of India is deafening on this matter. Only a few times in my life have I been as totally upset and horrified as I was watching Channel 4 videos and photographs. IMO Jayalalitha has more balls than all of the guys in the UPA Cabinet put together because she simply refused to have the Asian games held in Tamil Nadu unless Sri Lanka is banned from participation (similar to SA being banned from the Olympics in 1964 and other International Open events for its apartheid policy and atrocities against black people).

I think if enough people care to write to various politicians and the media, there is a good chance that India will get out of its 3-do-nothing-monkeys mode and actually take SL to task along with the international community through the U.N. You might see no merit in that. I see no harm in that. And I truly believe it is the least one can do as a decent and compassionate human being.

This could have been possible in the 80s when the world sympathized with SL tamilians. The LTTE simply decimated everything for the personal greedy agenda of Pirabhakaran.

Today, some 5000 people will sign a petition - at best. But all others view SL Tamilians through the eyes of LTTE. The SL tamilians when they dispersed throughout east coast of TN and interiors like Trichy and Coimbatore, the LTTE sympathisers continued to control them funneling funds to LTTE and antagonizing the TN tamilans. They indulged in some criminal activities that cost them the mass support in TN.

Now dont start saying the usual statement. It is wrong to blame the entire SL Tamilians for the FEW misdeeds by a some SL tamilians. That just does not cut it among common folks. You can scream all the logic you want.

But, that is how the world is.

SaamiYaar - the ultimate realist on the net or in the real world.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

what makes you think that i don't protest america's wars? i have been consistently against the iraq war. i have always treated the afghanistan war a little differently because it was a retaliation against the 9/11 attacks.

that said, you are deliberately conflating two different issues -- war by a nation state against its enemies and the cold-blooded murder of a defenseless boy by a professional army of a nation state. i won't deny it strikes me at a deeper level because i am more aware of the modern history of sri lanka, but it would be the same whether it happened in sudan or sri lanka. the question is, why are YOU unmoved, and why are you questioning my motives instead of picking up a pen or a keyboard to write to your elected representatives?

I'm compassionate, but I'm also lazy,
selfish, time-pressed, selective on compassion and have my agenda. I'm
human. Global networking and global killings 24x7 have also toned down
my compassion-spread.

Pictures move me, videos move me more, but
these are also affected by associations. For example, tragedies in
Pakistan, China don't bother me else I'll be crying 24x7. Same with
tragedies with LTTE connections.

Sandy Hook, Delhi Rape and
Hyderabad deaths take priorities for daily compassion
postings/discussions. If someone in my family dies, that will take
precedence over other compassion. I cannot pretend I'm as great as Dalia
Lama or Mother Teresa. I'm human.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 pm

southindian wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

my compassion-spread.

in that case consider STF up and not question the motives of people who want to do something.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:52 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

my compassion-spread.

in that case consider STF up and not question the motives of people who want to do something.

Sorry Max, STFU not happening.

You are upset. Why?

I wasn't questioning your compassion, I was telling reason of your compassion meter just as I mentioned mine.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm

As Max already stated, there is a major diffference in shooting a 12 year boy point blank he was the son of your enemy is entirely different from children killed in aerial bombing.

Killing enemy kings children was common during medieval times. After that it happened only in extremely brutal dictatorships. Rajapaksa joins that small group.

I cannot think of a single incident that US captured somebody's 12 year old child and killing that child. It never happened.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 pm

kayal -- do you know when this happened?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 pm

looks like the BBC reported it four days ago:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21509656
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 pm

and the independent reported it five days ago:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/handed-a-snack-and-then-executed-the-last-hours-of-the-12yearold-son-of-a-tamil-tiger-8500295.html

if the US based NRIs on this board are planning to write to their legislators, please refer to the BBC and the independent articles in your letter.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:kayal -- do you know when this happened?

Yes, May 19, 2009. As I understand his bodyguards and him either surrwndered or captured. It is in one of the news reports. Don't remember which. It definitely7 makes sense it happened in Mid-May when the war was ending or ended.

addition.

After reading the follow up posts, are you asking when it was published. It seems you have the answer.

By the way, I have seen photo of the dead body months ago (but not the live shot in the bunker or the video)

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 pm

What is wrong if max is acting because the boy is tamilian. We all feel bad about rawanda, bosnia, darfur etc. But a blast in hyderabad spurs more of my blood cells than a tragedy in norway. Not because i have less respect for lives in norway but my life is more involved with hyd. If you can act with in your sphere of influence or effectivity that is a big step for middle class monday morning quarterbacks. The least someone can do is show appreciation to anyone who is attempting to do something meaningful.
let us leave the rest of the problems to american president a.nd other leaders.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down