Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i hate my food

+5
Silhouette
Propagandhi711
ashaNirasha
charvaka
Impedimenta
9 posters

Go down

i hate my food Empty i hate my food

Post by Impedimenta Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:50 pm

...just saying. what did you all have for lunch? dinner?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

i hate my food Empty Re: i hate my food

Post by charvaka Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Impedimenta wrote:...just saying. what did you all have for lunch? dinner?
Since we haven't heard from the other party (your food), we can't really offer any opinions. (c) Doofus

I am thinking of getting some Panang curry at lunch. It's still two hours away, but I believe in planning ahead.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:32 pm

It's going to be subway.

I like the penang curry at the malaysian restaurant of the same name. Thai restaurants make it with more coconut milk, I think.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:50 pm

rice with vegetable stew
fat free chocolate frozen yogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 pm

was it lemon rice topped with sambar rice?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:47 pm

salmon with tartar sauce. i marinated the fish with garlic, salt and some lemon. and cooked some mushrooms w/ scallions as a side. was ok. i'm not a great cook.

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:17 pm

yeah you arent...salmon doesnt go with tartar sauce. ewwerybody knows that. except people that cant cook aka impy, tracy and yourself. possibly PI. dont you women feel ashamed at earning 76 cents on the dollar AND not being able to cook?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Impedimenta wrote:...just saying. what did you all have for lunch? dinner?

>>> Lunch was at an indian joint- pav bhaji, navratan korma, dhal, chicken kabab..
I am still full and going to do the treadmill in a bit and may just have fruit yogurt or something for dinner later

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:41 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:was it lemon rice topped with sambar rice?

hahaha. i suspect it was tamarind rice with lemon rassam because the day before yesterday it was lemon rice with tamarind rassam.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:22 am

Last night I had fried bombil for starters, malvani chicken curry and prawns hirva with bhakri, a round of varan bhaath and kobichi bhaaji. All washed down with some super-chilled lawnmower KF beer (my first after a long time). Dessert was my alltime favorite: kharvas.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:06 am

slurp @ your food, agent. i have started salivating already. i now go and eat something that is nothing like what you just described above. i hate my canteen.

this weekend shall feed mr gupte prawns koLiwaDa, malvani fish curry and bombil chutney.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:15 am

Next time you're in M'bai, try out Diva Maharashtra @ Mahim. That's where I dined yday. They have an executive thali for lunch, also served for dinner on weeknights. Their a la carte menu is also fabulous, spl the mutton items.

Yumm @ Bombil chutney. I had this bombilcha loncha sometime back and have fallen in love with the sheer simplicity of the dish.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:30 am

Diva MH, you say? I was staying in Mahim a few years ago and had heard about this restaurant. But back then I was a veggie, so I never visited it. I have heard good things about this restaurant. think this is owned by someone who also runs goan/portugese resto.

i am going to pay a visit to mumbai for no particular reason other than to roam around once monsoon eases a bit. that's when i will visit this restaurant. maybe tunga and tendulkar's as well.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:09 am

Another Brick wrote:I have heard good things about this restaurant. think this is owned by someone who also runs goan/portugese resto.

Correct. Goa Portuguesa and Culture Curry are the sister restuarants. The beauty is you can sit in any one of the three very differently themed restaurants and order items from all three menus.

There is this Goan veggie dish made out of cashew and tender coconut, served in a split coconut, that I find really delicious. That and Malvani mutton or Nagpur Sao Mutton with jowarchi bhakris is my usual ala carte choice.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:18 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Last night I had fried bombil for starters, malvani chicken curry and prawns hirva with bhakri, a round of varan bhaath and kobichi bhaaji. All washed down with some super-chilled lawnmower KF beer (my first after a long time). Dessert was my alltime favorite: kharvas.

i had to look up every single item that you mention.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:31 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Last night I had fried bombil for starters, malvani chicken curry and prawns hirva with bhakri, a round of varan bhaath and kobichi bhaaji. All washed down with some super-chilled lawnmower KF beer (my first after a long time). Dessert was my alltime favorite: kharvas.

lawnmower beer? who or vot are varan and kobichi? and, who is bombil? bombay's bil?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:36 am

Another Brick wrote:slurp @ your food, agent. i have started salivating already. i now go and eat something that is nothing like what you just described above. i hate my canteen.

this weekend shall feed mr gupte prawns koLiwaDa, malvani fish curry and bombil chutney.

serves you right for making fun of other people's food. also, I am fairly sure that the agent does not want to get together with you no matter how hard you try. so, in essence, you are stuck with rajinikantham. also, i am going to unleash cyclops on you. note that it is the cyclops.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:57 am

Impedimenta wrote:lawnmower beer? who or vot are varan and kobichi? and, who is bombil? bombay's bil?

Lawnmower beer: Max's description of what we poor, ignorant, undiscerning third-worlders drink to drown our sorrows after a long day's hard, sweaty labor.

Varan: Maharashtrian-style yellow sickly dal

Kobi: Cabbage. Kobichi bhaji is the Maharashtrian cabbage poriyal.

Bombil: A local fish with minimal bones, butterflied and batter-fried into a crunchy, delicacy.

i hate my food Bombil-Fry
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:32 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:lawnmower beer? who or vot are varan and kobichi? and, who is bombil? bombay's bil?

Lawnmower beer: Max's description of what we poor, ignorant, undiscerning third-worlders drink to drown our sorrows after a long day's hard, sweaty labor.

Varan: Maharashtrian-style yellow sickly dal

Kobi: Cabbage. Kobichi bhaji is the Maharashtrian cabbage poriyal.

Bombil: A local fish with minimal bones, butterflied and batter-fried into a crunchy, delicacy.

i hate my food Bombil-Fry

LOL @ undiscerning third-worlders drink to drown our sorrows after a long day's hard, sweaty labor. max has no clue what he getting into:-)
slurp, these images look so good! next birth, i want to be born a non vegetarian. but for that i need to do some good in this birth, right? darn the technicality...

Last edited by Impedimenta on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : blah)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down