Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsessed

4 posters

Go down

Obsessed  Empty Obsessed

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:45 am

with Dexter.. currently on Season 6 and it is addictive and awesome.

Started Game of Thrones few weeks back and it is good. Lots of gratuitous full frontal nudity and gore. But Dinklage is awesome.

anyone watching these shows.

Will start Homeland once all these shows are done.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Obsessed  Empty Re: Obsessed

Post by Impedimenta Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:52 am

right now, breaking bad. next, game of thrones. I have a huge discussion group on dexter and game of thrones in my extended family:-) whenever we get together, that is all they talk about.

DM, how have you been?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:04 am

sick with sinusitis, ear infection. My son is bringing home the plaque every week. Finally I succumbed.

Dexter is all we talk about when we get together too.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:18 am

I am planning to watch several British period costume dramas. I am planning to wax my mutton chops moustache, drink tea with crumpets and crustless cucumber sandwiches, referring to other retired military compatriots as old chaps and taking my top hat off for laidies and when say things such as "my, what a splendid garden!! well done, old gal/chap". I might also start using words such as filial emotion even if I dont know what that means. I will for sure refer to american television and movies as mass trash and sneer at bollywood as beneath me to comment upon.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:18 am

yes sir, same with my son picking up random stuff from his day care and passing it to us. We call it family sickness week:-) hope you feel better soon.

BTw, do you like 3 doors down? I am listening to here without you.....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:I am planning to watch several British period costume dramas. I am planning to wax my mutton chops moustache, drink tea with crumpets and crustless cucumber sandwiches, referring to other retired military compatriots as old chaps and taking my top hat off for laidies and when say things such as "my, what a splendid garden!! well done, old gal/chap". I might also start using words such as filial emotion even if I dont know what that means. I will for sure refer to american television and movies as mass trash and sneer at bollywood as beneath me to comment upon.

all this is fine and dandy. Did you or did you not drink tea today with your scones? i need to know now!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:22 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:I am planning to watch several British period costume dramas. I am planning to wax my mutton chops moustache, drink tea with crumpets and crustless cucumber sandwiches, referring to other retired military compatriots as old chaps and taking my top hat off for laidies and when say things such as "my, what a splendid garden!! well done, old gal/chap". I might also start using words such as filial emotion even if I dont know what that means. I will for sure refer to american television and movies as mass trash and sneer at bollywood as beneath me to comment upon.

I have seen the new Sherlock and the old ones done by BBC. Can I join the club and sneer at the trashy Amrikkan TV shows?
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:23 am

new sherlock is the one on PBS?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 am

Impedimenta wrote:yes sir, same with my son picking up random stuff from his day care and passing it to us. We call it family sickness week:-) hope you feel better soon.

BTw, do you like 3 doors down? I am listening to here without you.....

All I hear these days on car radios are NPR, Nursery Rhymes and some sports shows. Haven't heard anything on Trashy American radio for a long time.

I have heard 3 doors down.. wasn't particularly impressed or hooked onto it.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:25 am

Impedimenta wrote:new sherlock is the one on PBS?

I saw the new sherlock on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, please drop everything and watch it. it is just 2 seasons. Really really good.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:28 am

doofus_maximus wrote:

I have seen the new Sherlock and the old ones done by BBC. Can I join the club and sneer at the trashy Amrikkan TV shows?

well that depends. can you spell filial 9 out of 10 times correctly when woken up from deep slumber? also do you read the onion daily and attend foreign art film festivals?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:33 am

under union jack, united we stand !

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:54 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:

well that depends. can you spell filial 9 out of 10 times correctly when woken up from deep slumber? also do you read the onion daily and attend foreign art film festivals?

i guess I am stuck watching Kardashian re runs.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down