Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is srt going to retire now?

+3
confuzzled dude
ashdoc
truthbetold
7 posters

Go down

is srt going to retire now? Empty is srt going to retire now?

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18 am

hottest discussion.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/626464.html
above is a link to ramachandra guha's prayer to sachin to retire. in one paragraph of the article summarizes sachin's reasons for going to Sa. to get two more tests to get 200, to protect his ad revenue, his chamchas won't let him retire and his own failure to understand the effect of aging.
other than aging impact none of the others are relevant.
a simpler question: "sehwag won more tests for india in the recent past than srt . sehwag scored more runs than srt(my guess but i could wrong). sehwag was dumped in the middle of a series. so why can't selectors do the same to srt?"

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

is srt going to retire now? Empty Re: is srt going to retire now?

Post by ashdoc Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:23 am

bastard deliberately calls mumbai as bombay .

i stopped reading the article because of that .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:29 am

truthbetold wrote:hottest discussion.
above is a link to ramachandra guha's prayer to sachin to retire. in one paragraph of the article summarizes sachin's reasons for going to Sa. to get two more tests to get 200, to protect his ad revenue, his chamchas won't let him retire and his own failure to understand the effect of aging.
a simpler question: "sehwag won more tests for india in the recent past than srt . sehwag scored more runs than srt(my guess but i could wrong). sehwag was dumped in the middle of a series. so why can't selectors do the same to srt?"

That was one confusing article (granted it is not difficult to confuse a confuzzled Smile), I was never a big fan of Guha, and this article proved once again why, not sure what he was trying to convey, tap dancing around with statements like "Had Sachin fallen early in that first Test, however, the series may well have turned out differently" and then comparing with the retirements of Merchant & Gavaskar.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:37 am

For the last 6 or 7 years, SRT has been an overrated player and has been in the team purely for non-cricket reasons. He should have been treated like Gambhir or Sehwag long long time ago. Should have been sent back to the domestics like Ganguly and Dravid.

Indians make an icon out of a player and make a Godfigure out of an icon, then wonder how to get rid of him.

I think they should include Arjun Tendulkar instead of SRT. I am sure he can do just as well.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:38 am

guha was trying to be as polite as possible. some of sehwag's critics find convulted reasons to avoid asking srt to retire.
srt is not contributing. he is a walking wicket. his wicket causes more mental stress than a normal wicket. he is blocking young talent. his return to form will be very short lived.

time for new blood and some lessons on how to play and survive outside the friendly confines of Indian cricket.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:22 pm

eh? cricket is business - SRT hauls in cash more than Sehwag, anytime, anyplace

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:26 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

eh? cricket is business - SRT hauls in cash more than Sehwag, anytime, anyplace

Exactly. Then everyone should quit writing about his retirement and give him life-time membership in the playing eleven.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:29 pm

tendulkar will not retire before playing at least one test match in the same team with his son. remember you heard me say it first.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:32 pm

given his son's current trajectory, i expect tendulkar to retire after another four years when he will be joined by his son in the test team.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:tendulkar will not retire before playing at least one test match in the same team with his son. remember you heard me say it first.

Razz

Sorry...I predicted that long back when a newspaper reported on his school match and on another occasion when SRT took his son for the team Net practice during one of the test matches last year.

I suspect we will see SRT in the playing elevan till he is dies at 85, waiting for his son to make it.

P.S. it is almost impossible to emulate and beat an illustrious parent in the same field.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:50 pm

uppili. ,
yes. you have the first dips on srt and son playing test together.
but remember i said it first "uppili and max will be proven wrong".
srt will retire latest by Sa tour.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:09 pm

truthbetold wrote:uppili. ,
yes. you have the first dips on srt and son playing test together.
but remember i said it first "uppili and max will be proven wrong".
srt will retire latest by Sa tour.

ok...here is my other prediction....Arjun is not going any place. He should be happy if he turned into another Arjun. He should have been setting the stage on fire by now - but his hype is all courtesy of the media.

Naturally, SRT will have to all it quits.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:15 pm

He is already a semi retired pensioner milking his brand name. The team seems to be used to carrying him and most important of all, he is apparently "enjoying" playing the game.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:21 pm

nevada wrote:He is already a semi retired pensioner milking his brand name. The team seems to be used to carrying him and most important of all, he is apparently "enjoying" playing the game.

Today Dada says "SRT should play as long as he wants."

Really..... and these are our professional sportsmen?

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down