Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laxman to retire at Hyderabad?

5 posters

Go down

Laxman to retire at Hyderabad? Empty Laxman to retire at Hyderabad?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:14 pm

..Quite possible, and perhaps, a last chance to see this great batsman play (hopefully a great innings).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Laxman to retire at Hyderabad? Empty Re: Laxman to retire at Hyderabad?

Post by truthbetold Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Laxman may fallow dravid. I think the logic is that even if they( lax and rahul) can play for one or two more years and even score centuries friendly indian pitches they understood they will block the emergence next genetation of middle order batsmen. If they retire now the pukaras the rahanes can get in and get.a chance to consolidate on friendly indian pitches. Two pillars of indian batting. Two rare individuals of great character.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:54 am

I feel saddened by Laxman's exit even though I was half expecting news like this. His type of old school players will not be seen again. Once Sehwag also goes we can officially pull the plug on watching test matches involving India.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:58 am

I sense some arm-twisting by BCCI . The timing doesn't make sense otherwise. Why didn't he announce after the australia tour or when Dravid did it ? Now he announces immediately even before playing the home test at Hyd ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 am

Retires with immediate effect! Couldn't even watch a farewell innings from him. This is so sad!

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Think he must have thought playing in this series is a lose-lose situation. If he scores big, people will say the N attack is inexperienced, home ground, dead Indian pitches, etc. If he failed to score big, the usual criticism will apply. So he must have thought quitting immediately is a better way.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:42 pm

I am sad!! He was a real match winner!

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:34 pm

In my opinion both lax and rahul did the right thing for the country and gave up one or two centuries.
India should bring in pukara and rahane. Try rahane at 1st down which means he will open 50% of time. In reality raina will be tried instead of rahane. Lrt us just hope rohit does not getahead of the line.
Laxman is part of a special band of match winners that includes bs chandrashekar eknath solkar gr vishwanath and prasanna.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:18 pm

truthbetold wrote:In my opinion both lax and rahul did the right thing for the country and gave up one or two centuries.
India should bring in pukara and rahane. Try rahane at 1st down which means he will open 50% of time. In reality raina will be tried instead of rahane. Lrt us just hope rohit does not getahead of the line.
Laxman is part of a special band of match winners that includes bs chandrashekar eknath solkar gr vishwanath and prasanna.

more than the stats on the matches actually won, as long as these people were YET to enter the field, the team and the fans/country had hopes, and the opposition was always weary.

"Well...there is Dravid...there is Laxman...they might turn the score around or prasanna/Chandra/vankat/bedi might create a breakthrough"

That kind of Psychological confidence will be missing in this team for a long time to come. Hope Gambir, Pujara, Kholi provide that kind of stability, hope, reliability, and countability. Also, hopefully, someone like Mohinder will become the Chair of selectors and develop a Professional team like the Aussies did in the 70s to 90s.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down