Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is your heart now?

+10
Maria S
Hellsangel
Idéfix
Bittu
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
FluteHolder
garam_kuta
Captain Bhankas
Petrichor
Impedimenta
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where is your heart now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is your heart now?

Post by Impedimenta Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:show off! me no have mommy or daddy to call so i can feel better. suddenly i feel the same way i felt on the first day of college when this new girl asked me "so, what does your dad do?" Fellt wierd telling people i don't have a mom or a dad, like it's my fault. Crying or Very sad

damn, i should just stop coming here. i like samosas though.
i like some of your posts; i said nothing about the others.

where my dil is: researching bengali fish recipes from bharti kirchner's cookbook, so that i can cook some of those dishes with one of my fav people who likes fish more and more these days. two days ago, i found a store here that sells kalonji and panch phoron which are spicy ingreds of many bengali recipes.

also: dreaming about writing a paper with said fav person.

I love your life but of course, i don't eat fish and hence have no inclination to cook it and i cannot write or read a paper, unless it is on something i am working on or about bharathanatiyam:-) I would share some of my BN videos with you but not sure this is the place for it.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:an intersection of both ours.

Mooching taxpayer money and what else?
won't work. i have never received social security, medicare, medicaid, unemployment benefits, or low-interest government loans. i created jobs that people loved. the u.s has received a great deal more from me than i ever will from the u.s. eff off now, if you have that ability.

##Angry and ##upset now.
Sleep

Seniors' siesta time?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:32 pm

My heart is at my kitchen now. I wanted to organize it over the weekend, but couldn't. Wonder how priorities change with time and age.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Impedimenta wrote:show off! me no have mommy or daddy to call so i can feel better. suddenly i feel the same way i felt on the first day of college when this new girl asked me "so, what does your dad do?" Fellt wierd telling people i don't have a mom or a dad, like it's my fault. Crying or Very sad

damn, i should just stop coming here. i like samosas though.

Awwww....sorry to know that. If you are thinking of adopting a Mommy, count me in. I can make samosas for you. You will get two super sweet siblings and you can baby sit them all the time - bonus for ya!!!!!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:15 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i like some of your posts; i said nothing about the others.

where my dil is: researching bengali fish recipes from bharti kirchner's cookbook, so that i can cook some of those dishes with one of my fav people who likes fish more and more these days. two days ago, i found a store here that sells kalonji and panch phoron which are spicy ingreds of many bengali recipes.

mr kuruvilla, for well over a decade you have been claiming on CH that you are "almost vegeterian" and planning to quit meat altogether. you have also been claiming to be agnostic but wanting to be an atheist for well over a decade. and then there's that novel you have wanted to write. for well over a decade. make up your mind already! and don't spend a decade wondering whether to write that paper or not. just do it, na?

uppili saar! wrote:P.S. why 9.4 and not 9.5 or 10 km/ph ?

actually, it started with 9 on this new treadmill so 0.1 kmph at a time. one of these days, i hope i do 10 kmph on the trot for 25 mins. and then that's what i will stick to.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:26 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:k, if this sounds like typical NI talks, then you have to understand this, "I AM a northindian, so that's how I must talk". I can't ask intelligent questions like, "what do you think the stratosphere is doing right now".

So, you all might be at work or home, or somewhere in between, but is there where your heart is? It's all ok if it is, but if it is not, where is it? Where would you rather be? Who would you rather be with? Right here, right now, what would it rather be?

My heart is in my mom's home. Sprawled on her sofa, and savoring moong bhajis with hot tea, watching some desi muzhic channel, with phunny ads with catchy jingles thrown in between. Yes, that's where my heart is. I so badly want to quit this all, and meet them. How about you?

*sorry if food features in all my happy thoughts. That's how I am.*

>>> Mine is in the stratosphere asking what it is doing right now.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:32 am

what fish are you using? carp? are you trying kalia or sorshe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:39 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i like some of your posts; i said nothing about the others.

mr kuruvilla, for well over a decade you have been claiming on CH that you are "almost vegeterian"...
mr bhankaskar, i've never wanted to be a vegeterian.
Captain Bhankas wrote:just do it, na?
sure, captainkar, anything for you. ewwwerydDay i am tThinkhing of doing it na.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:25 am

mr bhankaskar, i've never wanted to be a vegeterian.

Where is your heart now? - Page 2 Spelling-nazis-culos-for-iceman-and-greyscorpion-demotivational-posters-1298835921
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
what fish are you using? carp? are you trying kalia or sorshe?

he's using asian carp coz it's a virile 1. hopefully he'll choke on the bones but sadly we wont know unless I watch arlington local news regularly.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2