Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is your heart now?

+10
Maria S
Hellsangel
Idéfix
Bittu
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
FluteHolder
garam_kuta
Captain Bhankas
Petrichor
Impedimenta
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where is your heart now? Empty Where is your heart now?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:59 am

k, if this sounds like typical NI talks, then you have to understand this, "I AM a northindian, so that's how I must talk". I can't ask intelligent questions like, "what do you think the stratosphere is doing right now".

So, you all might be at work or home, or somewhere in between, but is there where your heart is? It's all ok if it is, but if it is not, where is it? Where would you rather be? Who would you rather be with? Right here, right now, what would it rather be?

My heart is in my mom's home. Sprawled on her sofa, and savoring moong bhajis with hot tea, watching some desi muzhic channel, with phunny ads with catchy jingles thrown in between. Yes, that's where my heart is. I so badly want to quit this all, and meet them. How about you?

*sorry if food features in all my happy thoughts. That's how I am.*

Back to top Go down

Where is your heart now? Empty Re: Where is your heart now?

Post by Impedimenta Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:27 am

show off! me no have mommy or daddy to call so i can feel better. suddenly i feel the same way i felt on the first day of college when this new girl asked me "so, what does your dad do?" Fellt wierd telling people i don't have a mom or a dad, like it's my fault. Crying or Very sad

damn, i should just stop coming here. i like samosas though.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:29 am

right now my heart is here:

gujarati kadhi khichdi

Where is your heart now? DSC00254

still searching for the right recipe. where is QB when you need her most?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 am

Impedimenta wrote: Fellt wierd telling people i don't have a mom or a dad, like it's my fault. Crying or Very sad
LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:31 am

Impedimenta wrote:show off! me no have mommy or daddy to call so i can feel better. suddenly i feel the same way i felt on the first day of college when this new girl asked me "so, what does your dad do?" Fellt wierd telling people i don't have a mom or a dad, like it's my fault. Crying or Very sad

Sorry didn't mean it that way Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:right now my heart is here:

gujarati kadhi khichdi

The pic looks good!

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Impedimenta wrote: Fellt wierd telling people i don't have a mom or a dad, like it's my fault. Crying or Very sad
LOL!

sir, that was supposed to be sad. that was supposed to give a dramatic effect so people hugged me[or at least want to hug me] to make me feel better. wait, what am i saying? please laugh more:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:33 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:show off! me no have mommy or daddy to call so i can feel better. suddenly i feel the same way i felt on the first day of college when this new girl asked me "so, what does your dad do?" Fellt wierd telling people i don't have a mom or a dad, like it's my fault. Crying or Very sad

Sorry didn't mean it that way Sad

now, you are on my foes list. good bye, forever.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:35 am

Girls and Emo....sheesh!

Things happen, let it wash over you like when you are standing with clothes on under the Five Falls, clothes clinging to your body as the dark, fat, bald guy applying a mixture of soap and oil stands 10 feet away under the falls, staring at your chest. All is vell....deep breaths...anilom vilom.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:41 am

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Girls and Emo....sheesh!

Things happen, let it wash over you like when you are standing with clothes on under the Five Falls, clothes clinging to your body as the dark, fat, bald guy applying a mixture of soap and oil stands 10 feet away under the falls, staring at your chest. All is vell....deep breaths...anilom vilom.

Where was your heart amidst all those visuals?

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:42 am

my heart is preparing itself for a 25-min run at a steady speed of 9.4 kmph 30 mins from now. $%$%@*, i hate running but how else can one keep that lard off?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:44 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:my heart is preparing itself for a 25-min run at a steady speed of 9.4 kmph 30 mins from now. $%$%@*, i hate running but how else can one keep that lard off?

Sigh. That reminds me of my 'x+25 to x' goal.

You go to a gym or else do the treadmill at work or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:46 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:my heart is preparing itself for a 25-min run at a steady speed of 9.4 kmph 30 mins from now. $%$%@*, i hate running but how else can one keep that lard off?

treadmill at the gym nearby. sometimes elliptical while reading but mostly running. $%$%@*, i hate running.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:52 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

treadmill at the gym nearby. sometimes elliptical while reading but mostly running. $%$%@*, i hate running.

slow down - I would try laxmi road

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:54 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

i hate brisk walking on the treadmill (at home), lol. but got to do it 4 times a week. senior citizen category woes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:56 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

gujarati kadhi khichdi

The pic looks good!
yes it does. getting it made tomorrow. gujarati kadhi has no haldi. but it has amba haldi (some mango ginger thingy) -- will procure it from the nearby kirana shop owned by a gujju.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:59 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Where it's always been, of course! Right behind the camera, framing the shot, yelling at the assistant directors to hold those giant reflectors at the right angle, fussing over 'continuity' with the heroine's red-colored underclothes showing up unwantonly in the shot blah blah blah....

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:02 am

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:16 am

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Where it's always been, of course! Right behind the camera, framing the shot, yelling at the assistant directors to hold those giant reflectors at the right angle, fussing over 'continuity' with the heroine's red-colored underclothes showing up unwantonly in the shot blah blah blah....

Red colored underclothes. Hmm. Now we are getting somewhere. Keep talking.

PS: just realized I don't have any red colored ones. Many shades of pink, purple, black, brown, tan, white, cream and blue. But no red or any shade of it. Not even maroon. Hmm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:47 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I read somewhere that one spends 3 years of running in a lifetime of jogging extending 3 years of life.

So I decided to quit exercising and has not done any exercise for the last 8 months.

P.S. why 9.4 and not 9.5 or 10 km/ph ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:53 am

My heart is in Key West right now. I'm lying on the beach, watching random hotties frolic in the sand as I languidly stroke my boner.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:k, if this sounds like typical NI talks, then you have to understand this, "I AM a northindian, so that's how I must talk". I can't ask intelligent questions like, "what do you think the stratosphere is doing right now".

So, you all might be at work or home, or somewhere in between, but is there where your heart is? It's all ok if it is, but if it is not, where is it? Where would you rather be? Who would you rather be with? Right here, right now, what would it rather be?

My heart is in my mom's home. Sprawled on her sofa, and savoring moong bhajis with hot tea, watching some desi muzhic channel, with phunny ads with catchy jingles thrown in between. Yes, that's where my heart is. I so badly want to quit this all, and meet them. How about you?

The poet said:

gurbat me ho agar ham, rehtA hai dil vatan mEn
samjho vahIn hamEn bhi, dil hO jahAn hamArA!

gurbat = abroad, overseas
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:17 am

trofimov wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:k, if this sounds like typical NI talks, then you have to understand this, "I AM a northindian, so that's how I must talk". I can't ask intelligent questions like, "what do you think the stratosphere is doing right now".

The poet said:

Damn Urdu poets. Why use 4 words when 40 will do?

Home is where the heart is.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:18 am

Bittu wrote:My heart is in Key West right now. I'm lying on the beach, watching random hotties frolic in the sand as I languidly stroke my boner.

Hmm. No mention of alcohol. Good sign Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:20 am

trofimov wrote:

The poet said:

Nice. Poem Smile

Actually this post mostly an experiment. I copy pasted my post from September 2010. Wanted to see how many people reply and any differences between then and now for exactly the same post.

My heart these days is in something else. It is not a vacation and not anywhere else. It's my own home but in a better shape. Or maybe a better house.

For people interested in old read http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse_where-is-your-heart-now-1052183

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 am

Based on this, I have made absolutely no progress in three years. My heart is stuck in the same place it was in 2010.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:24 am

trofimov wrote:Based on this, I have made absolutely no progress in three years. My heart is stuck in the same place it was in 2010.

Woody Allen's quote explains this.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:25 am

Hellsangel wrote:
trofimov wrote:Based on this, I have made absolutely no progress in three years. My heart is stuck in the same place it was in 2010.

Which one? The guy spoke entirely in quotes.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:25 am

Bittu wrote:My heart is in Key West right now. I'm lying on the beach, watching random hotties frolic in the sand as I languidly stroke my boner.

so, do you have a gothram now? what is it? Very Happy

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:28 am

Lol. You wrote the same poem then too, right? I thought I read it there. Wanted also to see if some people's responses would be the same. Hehe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:33 am

trofimov wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Which one? The guy spoke entirely in quotes.

The heart wants what the heart wants.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:45 am

The heart has many parts and is in many different places:)

The brain is multitasking too, and doing different things!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Maria S wrote:The heart has many parts and is in many different places:)

The brain is multitasking too, and doing different things!

But there is one voice in there that's louder than others. That may be telling you that it wants to be somewhere else. Or Fantacizing about somewhere else it would rather be.

In my case my heart currently is exactly where I am. That's the lucky part. I have somehow restricted to stay put. But it could be a better place and that's what I constantly think about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

In my case my heart currently is exactly where I am. That's the lucky part. I have somehow restricted to stay put. But it could be a better place and that's what I constantly think about.

I read a nice quote some time ago.."Feelings are like tides..they will always flow..but, we don't have to surf on every single one of them"..
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

so, do you have a gothram now? what is it? :D

I had to google Gothram. Not sure what to make of it or its relevance to strokage in Key West. Pliss to shed some light.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:10 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Hmm. No mention of alcohol. Good sign :)

daru to kutte bhi nahi peete....*filmi pause*.....aur hum to....*filmi pause 2*.....insaan hain, pancho pancho.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Idéfix wrote:Based on this, I have made absolutely no progress in three years. My heart is stuck in the same place it was in 2010.

Oh Idefix, Oh Idefix!

Please do something to fix this! Is your new screen name part of your heart trying to break free:)

*I could guess it was you Carvaka..only because of Dr. King's quote in your posts!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Maria S wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Based on this, I have made absolutely no progress in three years. My heart is stuck in the same place it was in 2010.

Oh Idefix, Oh Idefix! Wherefore art thou?

Please do something to fix this! Is your new screen name part of your heart trying to break free:)

*I could guess it was you Carvaka..only because of Dr. King's quote in your posts!

*Fixed*
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Maria S wrote:

Oh Idefix, Oh Idefix!

LOL! Yeah, the picture and the signature should help people figure things out more easily.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

gujarati kadhi khichdi

[img]

The pic looks good!
yes it does. getting it made tomorrow. gujarati kadhi has no haldi. but it has amba haldi (some mango ginger thingy) -- will procure it from the nearby kirana shop owned by a gujju.
amba haldi is nothing but fresh, white haldi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:43 pm

i like some of your posts; i said nothing about the others.

where my dil is: researching bengali fish recipes from bharti kirchner's cookbook, so that i can cook some of those dishes with one of my fav people who likes fish more and more these days. two days ago, i found a store here that sells kalonji and panch phoron which are spicy ingreds of many bengali recipes.

also: dreaming about writing a paper with said fav person.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

where my dil is: researching bengali fish recipes from bharti kirchner's cookbook, so that i can cook some of those dishes with one of my fav people who likes fish more and more these days. two days ago, i found a store here that sells kalonji and panch phoron which are spicy ingreds of many bengali recipes.

Access will still not be granted.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

use your own words. be bold. try it.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Researching Bengali fish recipes. Sounds cool. Wish I could organize my life to the point where I actually research and make new recipes. Right now I just get home and cook anything that I can manage within one hour. other times I am keeping up house maintenance and cleanups. It needs major clutter management. Huge task.

Paper is regarding your field of work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

use your own words. be bold. try it.

Where is your heart now? Yawn10
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:00 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Researching Bengali fish recipes. Sounds cool. Wish I could organize my life to the point where I actually research and make new recipes. Right now I just get home and cook anything that I can manage within one hour. other times I am keeping up house maintenance and cleanups. It needs major clutter management. Huge task.

an intersection of both ours.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Mooching taxpayer money and what else?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

won't work. i have never received social security, medicare, medicaid, unemployment benefits, or low-interest government loans. i created jobs that people loved. the u.s has received a great deal more from me than i ever will from the u.s. eff off now, if you have that ability.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i like some of your posts; i said nothing about the others.

won't work. i have never received social security, medicare, medicaid, unemployment benefits, or low-interest government loans. i created jobs that people loved. the u.s has received a great deal more from me than i ever will from the u.s. eff off now, if you have that ability.

##Angry and ##upset now.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

##Angry and ##upset now.
Sleep

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next