Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breastbeaters on government brutality...

4 posters

Go down

Breastbeaters on government brutality... Empty Breastbeaters on government brutality...

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:27 pm

...here's your chance to show it wasn't about Bibi Ramdev or the Empress.

Another story of 10,000 law-abiding people gathered in one place, peacefully asking for what was rightfully theirs and puppy-kicking cops spotting this juicy crowd ("ah!so many shins to crack, so little time"), lathi-charging them and dispersing them. It wasn't as if there was some mentally unstable cross-dresser egging them on to stop the cops or anything like that.

So you see, this is an even more egregious violation of the fundamental human right to assemble and ask for a domicile certificate.

Now, let the outraged breastbeating begin. Hoping to see similar or higher levels of moral indignation on this one.

Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Breastbeaters on government brutality... Empty Re: Breastbeaters on government brutality...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Of course, glad to see that you so vocally defend a Government's fundamental right to indulge in corruption at the cost of everything.

You are right. beat them all up. anyone who protests any MP, MLA, Minister's fundamental right to indulge in illegal activities.

Arrest all the babas and swamys, and still better, arrest and beat up all beggars and anyone who is not in a car or a 2-wheeler.

Rashmullah Akbar supports Maulana Merlotulla.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Breastbeaters on government brutality... Empty Re: Breastbeaters on government brutality...

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Of course, glad to see that you so vocally defend a Government's fundamental right to indulge in corruption at the cost of everything.

You are right. beat them all up. anyone who protests any MP, MLA, Minister's fundamental right to indulge in illegal activities.

Arrest all the babas and swamys, and still better, arrest and beat up all beggars and anyone who is not in a car or a 2-wheeler.

Which is more hilarious--Uppili using abusive language or Uppili sending his ugly balding facial photograph to QueenBee on Sulekha chat?

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:...here's your chance to show it wasn't about Bibi Ramdev or the Empress.

Another story of 10,000 law-abiding people gathered in one place, peacefully asking for what was rightfully theirs and puppy-kicking cops spotting this juicy crowd ("ah!so many shins to crack, so little time"), lathi-charging them and dispersing them. It wasn't as if there was some mentally unstable cross-dresser egging them on to stop the cops or anything like that.

So you see, this is an even more egregious violation of the fundamental human right to assemble and ask for a domicile certificate.

Now, let the outraged breastbeating begin. Hoping to see similar or higher levels of moral indignation on this one.

Sure, but first we need someone to laugh at the people who got beaten up, and suggest that we all should congratulate the government for the lathi-charge. There isn't going to be much debate if we all agree that police violence is a bad thing.

Interestingly, it doesn't seem like the government made a political decision in this case to "pack off" peaceful protestors. A minor difference, perhaps?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Which is more hilarious--Uppili using abusive language or Uppili sending his ugly balding facial photograph to QueenBee on Sulekha chat? [/quote]

I dont know why you keep dragging some Uppili dude repeatedly. But, calling you Rashmunullah is ABUSIVE, what do you call your choice of words in dragging everyone's female family members whenever they question you(r single-digit intelligence).

Anyway, dont mess with the powers of Vibhuti SaamiYaar and you wont be able to stand if he ever showed his 3rd eye and his "self" and not to mention real abuse. We SaamiYaars call it Shaap or curse.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:17 am

charvaka wrote:Sure, but first we need someone to laugh at the people who got beaten up, and suggest that we all should congratulate the government for the lathi-charge.

Nobody laughed at the folks beaten up the last time either, but that didn't stop you from imagining someone did and launching into your tirade. Why the reluctance this time around?

If it'll help remove the writer's block, I'll be more than happy to do one more bwahaha at that cross-dressing Baba...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Perhaps if you had gloated at the reaction of the Congress and Priya Dutt and coined a nickname for her, while steadfastly ignoring the lathi-charge, I might have asked you the same questions I asked you on the other thread ("the tirade," in other words.)
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:58 pm

charvaka wrote:Perhaps if you had gloated at the reaction of the Congress and Priya Dutt and coined a nickname for her...

So you admit it was my bwahahaing at Bibi Ramdev which got your goat after all. Glad that is out of the way.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
charvaka wrote:Perhaps if you had gloated at the reaction of the Congress and Priya Dutt and coined a nickname for her...

So you admit it was my bwahahaing at Bibi Ramdev which got your goat after all. Glad that is out of the way.
No, it didn't get my goat or outrage me, to use another word you seem to like. I was just surprised at your complete silence on the bigger matters at play here, and asked you a few questions (which you never answered.)
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Sir, those bigger matters you allude to are way beyond my comprehension so let's stick with things I can understand. Such as, why the lathi-charging of Bibi Ramdev's followers evoked so much moral indignation (arthaat outrage) in you, but not when it was 10,000 poor and middle-class people who queued up for a domicile certificate. Do shins cracked for banal reasons such as a domiclie certificate any less painful and therefore less deserving of your sympathy than shins cracked for blindly following a Baba? Weren't you claiming earlier that it was not about Bibi Ramdev but about the victims of police violence? Then why no moral indignation (arthaat outrage) here??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:41 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:the lathi-charging of Bibi Ramdev's followers evoked so much moral indignation (arthaat outrage) in you
It did not.

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Do shins cracked for banal reasons such as a domiclie certificate any less painful and therefore less deserving of your sympathy than shins cracked for blindly following a Baba?
In the latter case, shins were not cracked for "blindly following a baba" -- they were cracked for protesting peacefully against corruption. In the case of the domicile certificate, there was no political decision to "crackdown" or "pack people off" while in the case of the Delhi protest, there clearly was. These are important differences that ought not to be beyond the comprehension of anyone who posts about the political news in India.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Why is the motive of the victims or the perpetrators relevant to evoking moral indignation in you? Are the fundamental rights of political protesters more important than the fundamental rights of people living their daily lives?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:07 pm

can one of you provide a link for the domicile certificate incident? shame on you agent for not having provided one yet. and you presume we are all aware of it? at least i wasn't. it was not on aajtak.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Why is the motive of the victims or the perpetrators relevant
If person A accidentally runs over a pedestrian he didn't know before, and person B intentionally runs over his business partner, do you think motive plays a role in how people "judge" those actions?

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Are the fundamental rights of political protesters more important than the fundamental rights of people living their daily lives?
When it comes to enforcement of fundamental rights, the former are of higher priority, because they form the bedrock of democracy. That is why the Supreme Court asked the government to explain its actions at Ramlila Maidan. And the court will very likely not ask for a similar explanation regarding the domicile certificate crowd.

HTH.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:17 pm

yellow....anybody yinterested in giving us a link so we too can yargue?

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:yellow....anybody yinterested in giving us a link so we too can yargue?
Click on "here" on the first post in this thread.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:38 pm

wtf, such a stupid example. the redressal sought was local, not nation wide. it was not aired by the media. there was violence resorted to by the protestors. i am not denying that resorting to police help might have been unwarranted there as here. but if the 4th estate is not going to tell me about it, how do you expect me to react to it? if U tell me about it, my reaction might be the same were it not or the fact that protestors broke chairs etc. -- i'll have to investigate.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:wtf, such a stupid example. the redressal sought was local, not nation wide. it was not aired by the media. there was violence resorted to by the protestors. i am not denying that resorting to police help might have been unwarranted there as here. but if the 4th estate is not going to tell me about it, how do you expect me to react to it? if U tell me about it, my reaction might be the same were it not or the fact that protestors broke chairs etc. -- i'll have to investigate.
Yeah, even as a strawman, this is a particularly flimsy one.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:32 pm

charvaka wrote: I was just surprised at your complete silence on the bigger matters at play here, and asked you a few questions (which you never answered.)

Yes, he ran away like a scared little girl when asked to answer about that.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:29 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
charvaka wrote: I was just surprised at your complete silence on the bigger matters at play here, and asked you a few questions (which you never answered.)

Yes, he ran away like a scared little girl when asked to answer about that.

--> you continue to live in your fantasy world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down