Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revoke her American citizenship right away. Right now

+7
Ponniyin Selvan
bw
Seva Lamberdar
gone
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
Rishi
11 posters

Go down

Revoke her American citizenship right away. Right now Empty Revoke her American citizenship right away. Right now

Post by Rishi Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:19 pm

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/25/17912024-america-took-my-kids-away-mother-of-boston-suspects-insists-sons-not-responsible?lite

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Revoke her American citizenship right away. Right now Empty Re: Revoke her American citizenship right away. Right now

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:21 pm

should we do the same with members of extreme right wing groups that espouse dangerous neo-nazi ideologies? one would hope an american citizenship is not so fragile a thing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Revoke her American citizenship right away. Right now Empty Re: Revoke her American citizenship right away. Right now

Post by Rishi Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:should we do the same with members of extreme right wing groups that espouse dangerous neo-nazi ideologies? one would hope an american citizenship is not so fragile a thing.

The guys you were referring to were born in America. Where can they be sent?

America strips the citizenship of people who immigrated this country and later found to be nazis.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/12/us-judge-denies-citizenship-bid-by-nazi-guard-demjanjuk/1

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Rishi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:should we do the same with members of extreme right wing groups that espouse dangerous neo-nazi ideologies? one would hope an american citizenship is not so fragile a thing.

America strips the citizenship of people who immigrated this country and later found to be nazis.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/12/us-judge-denies-citizenship-bid-by-nazi-guard-demjanjuk/1

his citizenship was revoked because he concealed information on his citizenship application. what did tsarnaeva conceal on her citizenship application? the reason for the revocation is concealing information, not his nazi activities. it is a different matter that the citizenship application would have been rejected if he did not conceal that information.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:36 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rishi wrote:

his citizenship was revoked because he concealed information on his citizenship application. what did tsarnaeva conceal on her citizenship application?

Leave it to the INS and the US Govt. agencies. They will find 10 mistakes in your application to deport you - IF they want to.

Heck..even I can find 2 or 3 in any past application of any naturalized citizen or GC holder.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rishi wrote:

his citizenship was revoked because he concealed information on his citizenship application. what did tsarnaeva conceal on her citizenship application?

Leave it to the INS and the US Govt. agencies. They will find 10 mistakes in your application to deport you - IF they want to.

Heck..even I can find 2 or 3 in any past application of any naturalized citizen or GC holder.

if your trust in the american government is so fragile and tenuous, perhaps you should consider returning your green card or citizenship (depending on your status).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:39 pm

This Cambodian girl wants to stay in America which is the only country she knows. But she may get deported.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/10/lundy-khoy-d-c-woman-faces-deportation-to-cambodia-80597.html

There are already quite a few Cambodians who were deported because they ran with the wrong crowd in the projects they lived and did drugs. They were brought when they were small children. Their parents were illiterate, not savvy and did not get their kids naturalized ASAP.

Last edited by Rishi on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Max, why are you defending this nutjob family? They mooched off taxpayers, had to flee the country to evade arrest for shoplifting, and their kids were brainwashed to become cold-blooded murderers. Are you a bit Aspie? Or OCD?

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:42 pm

mainstreet wrote:Max, why are you defending this nutjob family? They mooched off taxpayers, had to flee the country to evade arrest for shoplifting, and their kids were brainwashed to become cold-blooded murderers. Are you a bit Aspie? Or OCD?

i am not defending them. i'd like to expose the hypocrisy surrounding who we consider terrorists. somehow if hatred and nutjobbery is islamic in origin we all get our undies in a hopeless twist. but if is not islamic we have a totally different reaction to it. i'd like us to look at all nutjobbery on an even keel and have an equally frenzied response to both the islamic and non-islamic nutjobbery.

at the root of that question lies our blase attitude towards gun violence.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:46 pm

I think you're the one who's overreacting. This would be my reaction if some illegal Hispanic Catholic from Mexico ended up doing at the Boston Marathon in the name of religion. Or some illegal Hindu Indian ended up doing in the name of religion.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:47 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rishi wrote:

if your trust in the american government is so fragile and tenuous, perhaps you should consider returning your green card or citizenship (depending on your status).

You had and have unflinching faith in the fairness of Indian Govt. So, why did you give up your Indian citizenship ?

At least, in my case I have no complete faith or trust in any Government in the world. I am being consistent here...Razz (this icon is dedicated to Max).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:49 pm

i recently gave up my indian citizenship for reasons of practical convenience. it became a hassle filling out onerous paperwork whenever i have to visit govt research facilities which i have to do often. it was a carefully considered but emotionally difficult decision.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i recently gave up my indian citizenship for reasons of practical convenience. it became a hassle filling out onerous paperwork whenever i have to visit govt research facilities which i have to do often.

I know....my question was rhetorical.

Most Indians change status for economic reasons or some for family reasons.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Rishi wrote:

[url=http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/12/us-judge-denies-citizenship-bid-by-nazi-guard-demjanjuk/1
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/12/us-judge-denies-citizenship-bid-by-nazi-guard-demjanjuk/1[/quote[/url]]

Officially, the denial or reversal of U.S. immigration / citizenship is the result of misrepresentation in the immigration / citizen application, such as hiding the previous Nazi or some other connection in the application, and not for being a Nazi etc. Did the U.S. revoke the immigration rights to scientist von Braun and send him back to Germany knowing fully well that he had worked for the Nazis (and might have been a Nazi) before he came to the U.S.? No.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Officially, the denial or reversal of U.S. immigration / citizenship is the result of misrepresentation in the immigration / citizen application, such as hiding the previous Nazi or some other connection in the application, and not for being a Nazi etc.

correct. that was the point i was making as well.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:37 pm

why would anyone name a kid "tamarlan"? isn't it the equivalent of "hitler"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timur

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:49 pm

bw wrote:why would anyone name a kid "tamarlan"? isn't it the equivalent of "hitler"?

do you also have objections to alexander?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:54 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:why would anyone name a kid "tamarlan"? isn't it the equivalent of "hitler"?

or Stalin ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:59 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

tamarlan is more like genghis khan, i thought, when it comes to notoriety.

you raise a good point but for some reason, i don't immediately think of "alexander the great" and his plundering when i hear the name 'alexander' - conditioning, perhaps.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 pm

bw wrote:

you raise a good point but for some reason, i don't immediately think of "alexander the great" and his plundering when i hear the name 'alexander' - conditioning, perhaps.

much of the history of the middle ages comes to us written down by european historians. i'd like to read non-european narratives too.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Or Narendra ? or Modi ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:56 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:

much of the history of the middle ages comes to us written down by european historians. i'd like to read non-european narratives too.

Right, European historians wrote history in a way that any warlord who was from Europe or west and went east and conquered lands are considered greats whereas warlords from east who conquered lands in westward directions are called as barbarians. Attilla, Timur, Chengiz Khan are called as barbarians.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Or Narendra ? or Modi ?

george bush too. Razz Razz

history is written by the victors.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 am

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

One (wo)man's notoriety is another man's greatness. Timur is lionized all over Central Asia. The Mughals referred to themselves as of Timurid lineage.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:42 am

>> history is written by the victors.

True. For example CBSE history book has about half page discussion of 1965 anti-Hindi agitation. It tells of property damage by protesters but says absolutely nothing about army/police shooting protesters and killing over 60.

Property damage is common in most demonstrations but killing 60 people is rare (may the only other in South asian history is Jallianwala Bagh massacre.

http://www.tamiltribune.com/12/0901.html

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:07 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

One (wo)man's notoriety is another man's greatness. Timur is lionized all over Central Asia. The Mughals referred to themselves as of Timurid lineage.

true - i didn't know that he is still lionized.

"Timur has now been officially recognized as a national hero of newly independent Uzbekistan. His monument in Tashkent now occupies the place where Marx's statue once stood"

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:33 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Alex is 'the great' because he was only 24 by the time he achieved all this, i believe

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:22 am

Rishi wrote:http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/25/17912024-america-took-my-kids-away-mother-of-boston-suspects-insists-sons-not-responsible?lite

It's a logical choice to renounce her citizenship given the possibility of getting arrested on shop-lifting charges.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down