Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two years

+10
confuzzled dude
MaxEntropy_Man
garam_kuta
Impedimenta
nevada
Maria S
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Seva Lamberdar
Idéfix
14 posters

Go down

Two years Empty Two years

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:41 pm

This forum was started on April 28, 2011 and today marks its second anniversary. Congratulations are in order to all SuCHers.

Accomplishments in the last year, in no particular order:
  • The Return of the King, with a TS finally joining us
  • Resumption of the guru-shishya parampara with my guruvu-gaaru joining us, albeit in a new avataram
  • The return of Muthukumarr, our first dedicated spammer
  • Our first truly successful troll: congratulations, mainstreet
  • Captain back at the crease, no bhankas
  • Our first thread that breached the Forumotion limit on maximum posts
  • Creation of the definitive online resources on the generous sides and love for books of some tyrants
  • Several deeds that are in violation of civil and criminal laws, and well-known ethical standards
  • The death of SuCHat, followed by its coming back to life

I am sure I missed some important developments over the last year, so please do add your own. Thanks for being here and contributing to this forum and community!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Two years Empty Re: Two years

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Happy Second Anniversary! Congratulations.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Idéfix wrote:This forum was started on April 28, 2011 and today marks its second anniversary. Congratulations are in order to all SuCHers.

• Resumption of the guru-shishya parampara with my guruvu-gaaru joining us, albeit in a new avataram
  • Creation of the definitive online resources on the generous sides and love for books of some tyrants
  • Several deeds that are in violation of civil and criminal laws, and well-known ethical standards

I am sure I missed some important developments over the last year, so please do add your own. Thanks for being here and contributing to this forum and community!

So how much money you made - Rashmun wants to know....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:02 pm

arent you forgetting:

the mini novellas penned by the bidya

diapered1 showing his improved bagching skills

repeated attempts to start a rival network by the douchester met with resounding failure in the form of crickets going ribbit ribbit in that ghosttown

phlegmy's expressions of self hate at having joined the forum started by his arch nemesis in the form of repeated outbursts threatening to get the admin fired and locked by FBI and subsequently deported by the homeland security.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Guruvar Garu is sandilya, right? Seva also joined in the last year, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:arent you forgetting:

repeated attempts to start a rival network by the douchester met with resounding failure in the form of crickets going ribbit ribbit in that ghosttown

phlegmy's expressions of self hate at having joined the forum started by his arch nemesis in the form of repeated outbursts threatening to get the admin fired and locked by FBI and subsequently deported by the homeland security.

Lol. I didn't finished any of the novels except one. And what are improved bagching skills?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Happy second year ann! Maybe the third year will bring in qb *shudders*

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Congratulations SuCH! Applaud the Creator Mr. Carvaka and all the Charter MembersTwo years 459784477!

*Special appreciation to you Carvaka..for allowing me to be a guest and post for free:)

*Nice to see Seva join this forum in the past year, and his presence.

I thank all the posters-friends who have been kind to me over the years! Sometimes your silence spoke volumes (when you could have easily been unkind), and appreciate not unnecessarily badgering me..and making my brief time here pleasant, and that helps to come by and post when I can.
best wishes.flower
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Wow, it's been 2 years already? Time flies when you are having fun - or not Very Happy

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:34 pm

i am not even a contributor worth any mention, apparently. Sad

happy anniversary flower

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:arent you forgetting:

Lol. I didn't finished any of the novels except one. And what are improved bagching skills?

who's counting..you'll finish the rest once more things happen to you. bagching skills have been discussed before.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Two years 459784477 Two years 459784477 Two years 459784477 kiddo!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Guruvar Garu is sandilya, right? Seva also joined in the last year, right?
Oh yes, that's it. I knew I was forgetting something important!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Idéfix wrote:This forum was started on April 28, 2011 and today marks its second anniversary. Congratulations are in order to all SuCHers.

So how much money you made - Rashmun wants to know....Razz
The value of my site fell a lot when I deleted 400,000 user IDs. That was a bad business move. Now I know why Sulekha used to tolerate so much spam Smile.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Maria S wrote:Congratulations SuCH! Applaud the Creator Mr. Carvaka and all the Charter MembersTwo years 459784477!

*Special appreciation to you Carvaka..for allowing me to be a guest and post for free:)

I thank all the posters-friends who have been kind to me over the years! Sometimes your silence spoke volumes (when you could have easily been unkind), and appreciate not unnecessarily badgering me..and making my brief time here pleasant, and that helps to come by and post when I can.
best wishes.flower
Thanks Maria. It is indeed nice to have Sevaji around. Most of the original gang is now here, which is great!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Happy second year ann! Maybe the third year will bring in qb *shudders*
That would complete the forum, wouldn't it?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:46 pm

if this forum is to survive IMO the attacks and counterattacks based on real name revelations have to stop, unless the admin plans to spend a lot of time deleting information. i have no idea why after all the bloodletting and knowing well the only obvious end point to these skirmishes, people still continue.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if this forum is to survive IMO the attacks and counterattacks based on real name revelations have to stop, unless the admin plans to spend a lot of time deleting information. i have no idea why after all the bloodletting and knowing well the only obvious end point to these skirmishes, people still continue.
+1.

I don't see the point of this at all. And I mean that for both sides of this ugliness.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Idéfix wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if this forum is to survive IMO the attacks and counterattacks based on real name revelations have to stop, unless the admin plans to spend a lot of time deleting information. i have no idea why after all the bloodletting and knowing well the only obvious end point to these skirmishes, people still continue.
+1.

I don't see the point of this at all. And I mean that for both sides of this ugliness.

It ain't gonna stop, unless every member speaks up.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:05 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
+1.

Yeah...rite...a good PC statement. Ppl who use real info can be counted using one hand. No point in the rest of the ppl "speaking UP".

How to handle these 4 or 5 people who give out real info. One can boycott these ppl, but after a few days the isolation will melt.

so ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:11 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
+1.

Yeah...rite...a good PC statement. Ppl who use real info can be counted using one hand. No point in the rest of the ppl "speaking UP".

How to handle these 4 or 5 people who give out real info. One can boycott these ppl, but after a few days the isolation will melt.

so ?

To my knowledge, there haven't been very many repeat offenders.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:20 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

so ?

What did "I" say ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:25 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

so ?

What did "I" say ?

Let's not beat around the bush. Did HA or HK repeat, If so when? If not who else is culpable?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Who are the repeat offenders?

Why not set up a count and Three strikes and you are out policy.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:30 pm

You are out policy should be limited to acts such as privacy violations and spamming only.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

so ?

What did "I" say ?

Let's not beat around the bush. Did HA or HK repeat, If so when? If not who else is culpable?

I read posts at random and when time permits. I try to "glean" what has been going on. Did not read the posts by HK or HA directly, but saw a lot of discussion about their outing person info. heard Flimmy outted some info. dont know who else. Usually, I am not bothered about personal info and hence skim those threads or posts.

3 or 30 people - controlling such behavior is extremely difficult. Bcz once can always keep creating new IDs.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Ide,
i applaud your tenacity in keeping this forum alive. I am sure most of such members would.join me to thank you for your voluntary services.
A suggestion for future:
Identify topics of high interest to members, ex: food and drinks, music, indian politics, cricket, education, stock market, relationships, etc.
Once in three months or once a month, invite a person with some depth in the above subjects for interaction. It could be direct interaction for an hour or two with moderator present.
I would like to read other suggestions.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Ms,
you are right about creation of new ids by those determined to break the rules.
Unless we try something, we will be in the rut we are in now forever. We should discuss and decide on action with available information and ideas. Famous deming process improvement cycle: plan, do, check and improve.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:59 pm

http://speedendurance.speedenduranceco.netdna-cdn.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/demingpdca.gif
Check this website or google to learn more about deming's approach. ( i use improve instead.of act).

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:34 pm

truthbetold wrote:Ide,
i applaud your tenacity in keeping this forum alive. I am sure most of such members would.join me to thank you for your voluntary services.
A suggestion for future:
Identify topics of high interest to members, ex: food and drinks, music, indian politics, cricket, education, stock market, relationships, etc.
Once in three months or once a month, invite a person with some depth in the above subjects for interaction. It could be direct interaction for an hour or two with moderator present.
I would like to read other suggestions.

I would dissuade him from doing any such thing. It will become more like the other sit e"subcontinnent" or something.

Dont try to see this forum as some kind of "professional" forum to exchange SOLID, reliable, substantive discussion with references etc.... one, it will involve tons of work, and if he tried to streamline it to "raise" the quality, it will lose its spontaneity, randomness, carefree approach to come talk whatever one feels like in whatever form is convenient. For professional, serious discussion there are plenty of others. I do enough of that outside this forum. If this forum also becomes like that there will not be much different here and I may have very little interest.

Let it be a 24/7 market place where in anyone can come in and go as they please buy/sell any idea they like.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Maria S wrote:Congratulations SuCH! Applaud the Creator Mr. Carvaka and all the Charter MembersTwo years 459784477!

best wishes.flower

Thanks Maria. Nice to see everyone here now from Sulekha CH.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Ms,
your point is understood. I do not suggest we make this into a wikipedia. I am suggesting we bring someone who can throw morelight on specific subjects.
Frequency is about once a month. That should not change the character of the web site.
i am open for other suggestions.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:56 pm

truthbetold wrote:Ms,
your point is understood. I do not suggest we make this into a wikipedia. I am suggesting we bring someone who can throw morelight on specific subjects.
Frequency is about once a month. That should not change the character of the web site.
i am open for other suggestions.

That someone could be an expert and might expect a puritanical atmosphere. s-he is sure to look at other threads. We being so conscious many of us will curtail our carefree approach - heck, I might even start spellchecking and grammar checking my posts.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:44 pm

happy birthday SuCH <:-p

i never doubted this place will survive cheers

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:32 pm

I still don't have a handle on all the new handles here so I am not sure if this site is growing or merely one big Halloween party of masqueraders. Nevertheless, happy anniversary!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:32 am

happy b'day, such. thanks to carvaka for doing a fine job of first starting this forum, then managing it for two years and spending some money from his own pocket to keep it going.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:45 am

rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:49 am

Idéfix wrote:
+1.

OK, i will stop. peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down