Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 years

5 posters

Go down

10 years Empty 10 years

Post by Guest Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:17 am

10 years ago, on one week night in the middle of november (ok Nov 14th to be exact), i made a desperate post on the prev forum. Actually, i used to make posts on similar forums, i.e. create an id/password, make a post, and forget the site by next morning. But this night, i actually remembered to note down how to get to the forums. So I made the long post and went to bed. Next day at work, I see a dozen responses, half of them calling me a troll of course. But the conversation continued, and i got somewhat of a relief from my situation. 

Very soon, I began to be so open online, the same thing i used to mock thoroughly when i used to see others do. Posting here was a lot of fun, and I also got all the troubles that come with it. This forum is nothing like it used to be 10 years ago, and I am told even that was a mere shadow of what it used to be before that. Many people moved on, and i always thought i will move on too. But here I am, still posting. 

I made a lot of friends in this time, as in whatever an online friendship can provide. And I can only be thankful for it. They heard me out and advised whenever they could, and they gave me a chance to hear them out and advise whenever i could. Some became sworn enemies with time. Some just drifted away. But a precious few are still friends. 

At this point in forum, i have no idea who i am addressing. Am pretty sure none of you care. Many times I get it out of my system by posting here, and then I delete it. It works for me. I guess i use this forum as a rough draft now. Whatever it is, wow. Been 10 years. Feels like yesterday. I was 34 then. I am 44 now! Jesus!

Back to top Go down

10 years Empty Re: 10 years

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:09 pm

Congratulations on this milestone Tracy Whitney. Wasn't that your original handle?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:02 pm

thanks ... no my first handle was only for a few months. but this one stayed for many years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Wow, it's been 10 years! Congratulations.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:38 pm

thanks! I did wisen up in these 10 years. I no longer ask personal questions Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:07 pm

t w wrote:thanks! I did wisen up in these 10 years. I no longer ask personal questions Smile

good for you...but I am still working on it, RS-K

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 am

oh wow people still r'ber that handle.

anyhoos. what's for lunch?

Me - daal rajma and ONE roti, and baby carrots. I might split the meal into two, making it HALF roti each time. That should keep my blood glucose below 115 at all times, hopefully. Will update, or nah, who cares. People close to me are done upto *here* with my blood sugar readings.

I earlier had HALF banana with THREE walnuts, to slow it down a bit. And tea.

Morning was a chocolate protein bar (that does nothing to my sugar coz it has fake sugar), with tea. And a little bit (upto 3 seeds) of tamarind fruit (found it in a grocery store. Daughter asked - how will you eat it. I said - like a fruit, like we did as kids. we ate tamarind straight off of a tree, after knocking them down with rocks. Daughter replied - you are weird).

I also have a mix of grapes, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, with yogurt. That's for later.

I also have other regular stuff stashed in my cabinet, in case I need it. nuts and seeds and non (or less) sugary cereals.

Yep, I am ALL IN to push back diabetes. but I think it's a matter of when, not if. And later would be better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:45 pm

TW,congratulations on completing ten yrs. on the Internet forums -- you probably didn't even realize how fast the time flew as you went from being 34 to 44.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:31 pm

thanks Seva! although I think 24 to 34 went zipping fast... kinda like a whirlwind hit me and at the end of it I was on the floor thinking what the heck happened.

I came here at almost 24. We have a lot of family videos of that summer. We watch it often now ever since my dad passed away 5-6 weeks ago. It looks like that summer happened in slow motion.

And then suddenly

grad school, marriage, new life, new country, new apartments, new houses, 2 kids, super active kid, jobs, losing jobs, Green Card, many issues with husband [deleted details]

join CH

new chapter begins

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm 68 and am more cynical than ever before. Smile

I may live another day, 6 months or 6 years so no worries.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down