Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

si vs ni dahi bada

+5
Rekz
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Jeremiah Mburuburu
seven
MaxEntropy_Man
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

si vs ni dahi bada - Page 2 Empty Re: si vs ni dahi bada

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 12:05 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:...maharashtrian cuisine ...very agreeable. minimalistic, well thought out in terms of proportions of ingredients and nutrition, and mild yet flavorful.
absolutely! apt description.
aila forest officer. what MH items you tried? pau bhaji? tell na.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:...maharashtrian cuisine ...very agreeable. minimalistic, well thought out in terms of proportions of ingredients and nutrition, and mild yet flavorful.

thot it's a gujju dish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Mon May 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

thot it's a gujju dish.
boobsy doesn't know that; he only knows that it's FOOD, or more correctly, his feed.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

thot it's a gujju dish.
boobsy doesn't know that; he only knows that it's FOOD, or more correctly, his feed.
hahahaahaha forest officer. banking on vidya's knowledge? well she is wrong. it's an MH dish. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pav_Bhaji

she either tricked you nice or you are a fool. it might be both. Rolling Eyes

a close counterpart, the dabeli is gujju though: https://such.forumotion.com/t12371p50-what-are-you-cooking-having-cooked-eating-today-2-of-2#92222

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:absolutely! apt description.

thot it's a gujju dish.
hahahaahaha forest officer. banking on vidya's knowledge? well she is wrong. it's an MH dish. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pav_Bhaji

she either tricked you nice or you are a fool. it might be both. Rolling Eyes

a close counterpart, the dabeli is gujju though: https://such.forumotion.com/t12371p50-what-are-you-cooking-having-cooked-eating-today-2-of-2#92222

"picy dish that originated in Mumbai cuisine"... everything originating in mumbai is not marathi. It has a huge gujju population and its influence. i think it's the gujjus who brought it in mumbai. or atleast that's what i gathered from gujju friend vs marathi friend fights when in college.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 20, 2013 12:34 pm

when i think of maharashtrian cuisine i am not thinking of bombay street food like pav bhaji, vada pav and stuff. i was thinking of things like ambti, pataal bhaji, various types of usals and misals, dal varan, koshimbir, sabudana khichdi and vada, various types of vegetable pohas, bakarvadi, and of course shrikhand.

also various dishes based on sprouted mung bean.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Mon May 20, 2013 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 12:34 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:i think it's the gujjus who brought it in mumbai.
well, going from the word "pav" for bread, the name of the dish does seem to have originated in mumbai. it is not a dabeli; that is for certain. paw bhaji branched out from chowpati in mumbai. go back to your school years and argue with your friends accordingly.

we used to eat pau bhai in victoria (opposite victoria memorial) in kolkata when i was a kid (followed by masala coca cola). those stands in the maidan (owned by the indian army) have long been eradicated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 12:37 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:when i think of maharashtrian cuisine i am not thinking of bombay street food like pav bhaji, vada pav and stuff. i was thinking of things like ambti, pataal bhaji, various types of usals and misals, dal varan, koshimbir, sabudana khichdi and vada, various types of vegetable pohas, bakarvadi, and of course shrikhand.

*shudder* at all those Marathi terms. So many faces flashed infront of the eyes in three seconds. Guess I am yet to leave a huge baggage behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 12:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:when i think of maharashtrian cuisine i am not thinking of bombay street food like pav bhaji, vada pav and stuff. i was thinking of things like ambti, pataal bhaji, various types of usals and misals, dal varan, koshimbir, sabudana khichdi and vada, various types of vegetable pohas, bakarvadi, and of course shrikhand.

the only maharashtrian food our forest officer does not know about is paw bhaji. he should eat it EVWeErRyYYDdAaYY.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 20, 2013 12:39 pm

and thalipeeth. how can i forget that!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 12:39 pm

all i know is, both claim it. need to find out if those mill workers who invented it were marathi or gujju.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

*shudder* at all those Marathi terms. So many faces flashed infront of the eyes in three seconds. Guess I am yet to leave a huge baggage behind.

leave the baggage, but don't be hating the cuisine.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 12:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

leave the baggage, but don't be hating the cuisine.
+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon May 20, 2013 12:59 pm

I never made dahi vada : None likes in my family. We would rather feast on regular vada with sambar and chutney.

I make the best masala vada in the entire world...just saying.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 1:26 pm

fukular, sonia mata, wussy, garibi hatao, iyer, frog, ms umaaa!, vaaNi, northindian, akbar, arcot, nizam, hindian, goat, zoo, junnu, guntur, snoopy, laundry bill, NRA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2