Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

soon to be new addition to the family

+7
Captain Bhankas
Propagandhi711
Hellsangel
Jeremiah Mburuburu
garam_kuta
Seva Lamberdar
MaxEntropy_Man
11 posters

Go down

soon to be new addition to the family Empty soon to be new addition to the family

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 23, 2013 9:40 am

soon to be new addition to the family Coconu10
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

soon to be new addition to the family Empty Re: soon to be new addition to the family

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 am

after I saw the headline I thought your wife just told you that she is expecting, but it seems that may not be the case.
congratulations for the new dog anyway.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

soon to be new addition to the family Empty Re: soon to be new addition to the family

Post by garam_kuta Thu May 23, 2013 9:49 am

bright eyed and bushy tailed - cute indeed!
sucker for a pretty face, huh?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 9:50 am

Awwwwww

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu May 23, 2013 9:58 am

looks nice. what's its breed? how large - weight, height, etc. - will it grow to be? how old is it now? male or female? is there much excitement in the house?

we've never had a pet within my family here. we had pets - dogs and cats - in my parents' family in madras, but we had acres of wooded land around our house, and no traffic.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 23, 2013 9:58 am

Brown on the outside and white inside?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 23, 2013 10:00 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:looks nice. what's its breed? how large - weight, height, etc. - will it grow to be? how old is it now? male or female? is there much excitement in the house?

we've never had a pet within my family here. we had pets - dogs and cats - in my parents' family in madras, but we had acres of wooded land around our house, and no traffic.

heinous a.,
I thought you and the now estranged W had run around naked with your puppy in the wooded area of upstate newyork? you told that story and got bidya vagchi all excited and trembly.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 23, 2013 10:05 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:looks nice. what's its breed? how large - weight, height, etc. - will it grow to be? how old is it now? male or female? is there much excitement in the house?

she's a coton de tulear, a breed better known as just cotons. she is two months old and will arrive in a couple of weeks. she will be no more than twelve pounds or so fully grown. i wanted to get a larger rescued dog like a golden retriever or a labrador retriever, but was outvoted because of the fear of having to deal with poor socialization and/or health issues. everyone in the family is waiting with great excitement.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 10:08 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:we've never had a pet within my family here.
oh come on old dog, YOU were the pet. they just simply threw you out after they grew tired of you.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 23, 2013 10:09 am

Hellsangel wrote:Brown on the outside and white inside?

haha. yes. nothing escapes you including looking carefully at the URL! i wanted to name her gibbsy (after josiah willard) or emmy (after emmy noether) but was outvoted on that too.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 10:12 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

heinous a.,
I thought you and the now estranged W had run around naked with your puppy in the wooded area of upstate newyork? you told that story and got bidya vagchi all excited and trembly.

that's so not true. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 10:13 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

she's a coton de tulear, a breed better known as just cotons. she is two months old and will arrive in a couple of weeks. she will be no more than twelve pounds or so fully grown. i wanted to get a larger rescued dog like a golden retriever or a labrador retriever, but was outvoted because of the fear of having to deal with poor socialization and/or health issues. everyone in the family is waiting with great excitement.

where did u get her from?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 23, 2013 10:17 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

where did u get her from?

a breeder in a neighboring state.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu May 23, 2013 10:20 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

haha. yes. nothing escapes you including looking carefully at the URL! i wanted to name her gibbsy (after josiah willard) or emmy (after emmy noether) but was outvoted on that too.
how about Free Energy, also after gibbs? Free for short.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 23, 2013 10:24 am

Il Professore, you watch NCIS regularly?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu May 23, 2013 10:32 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
oh come on old dog, YOU were the pet. they just simply threw you out after they grew tired of you.
hahaha, that was (almost, nearly, somewhat) funny.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 10:55 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
hahaha, that was (almost, nearly, somewhat) funny.
JM withdrawing his mistakes and laughing at my jokes? Shocked

ye sab kya ho raha hai, beta duryodhan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu May 23, 2013 11:14 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:how about Free Energy, also after gibbs? Free for short.

how about any one of the following?

bincy, binil, binu, biny, jibi, jinu, jintu, jobin, jijo, jinty, jorty, jobu, litty, liji, liju, lini, riba, rincy, roju, rini, shibin, shiju, shoji, tiji, tinu, tinto, titty, toby or tijo.

Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 11:18 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:how about Free Energy, also after gibbs? Free for short.

bincy, binil, binu, biny, jibi, jinu, jintu, jobin, jijo, jinty, jorty, jobu, litty, liji, liju, lini, riba, rincy, roju, rini, shibin, shiju, shoji, tiji, tinu, tinto, titty, toby or tijo.

Lol. I heard mallus have funny nicknames.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 23, 2013 11:19 am

It's a cute girl! Woof, woof;)

It will be fun raising her and some work too..which usually adults end up doing. When she grows up..will have to think about female dog concerns..to spay/not to spay and her puppies etc:) It's certainly a little different raising boy and girl pets too!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu May 23, 2013 11:27 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

these are real names of SCs. believe me. it is not uncommon to come across jorty thomas or litty kuruvilla.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

these are real names of SCs. believe me. it is not uncommon to come across jorty thomas or litty kuruvilla.

ewwwrry one of them names belonged to dipphrent dipphrent mallus, yessir

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 12:22 pm

mallus are phunnier than punjus, when it comes to nicknaming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu May 23, 2013 12:30 pm

can't really see anything but i am sure it is cute:-) you are brave. i cannot handle a pet and my son and my husband. my daughter wants a pet though.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:mallus are phunnier than punjus, when it comes to nicknaming.

much better at ingratiating themselves to iyers too. so much better

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu May 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:ewwwrry one of them names belonged to dipphrent dipphrent mallus, yessir

indeed. i work for an indian employer who, by a conservative estimate, employs 140,000 indians. one search in people-finder for verghese, kuruvilla or thomas gives me a list of these names. saint thomas declared the following 11th commandment as soon as he landed in kerala:

thou shalt not use more than five alphabets to name your progeny in the 21st century.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Wow! She is cute Smile Wish I can afford a dog like her...my DD will love it. I am sure your Ds would shower all the affection on her.

So sweet!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Nila wrote:Wow! She is cute Smile Wish I can afford a dog like her...my DD will love it. I am sure your Ds would shower all the affection on her.

So sweet!

That reminds me. How much did she set you back, Il Professore?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Nila wrote:Wow! She is cute Smile Wish I can afford a dog like her...my DD will love it. I am sure your Ds would shower all the affection on her.

So sweet!

You have not yet made any comment about the "Wussy Iyer Boy" in this thread.

Just saying.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

So sweet!

Just saying.

Which one?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu May 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

So sweet!

Just saying.
he's busy licking his wounds and trying to get his tail out from between his legs.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

So sweet!

Just saying.
he's busy licking his wounds and trying to get his tail out from between his legs.

Poor achachan! I think your feelings are hurt that everyone is pointing out you are an l-o-s-e-r and are now lashing out dementedly.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 23, 2013 4:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

how about Free Energy, also after gibbs? Free for short.

yeah i thought of all sorts of variations before suggesting gibbsy. others in the family are not interested in naming her after scientific arcana. tangentially, if i had to name one personal scientific hero it would have to be j.w.gibbs for me. i have a bit of an obsession with him like rashmun's akbar. he was one of the deepest thinkers to grace the planet. to me he should rank right alongside einstein and newton, but he didn't quite get his due while he was alive. yale didn't him pay him until others outside started to take notice! he remained a very quiet and intensely private bachelor his entire life. very little is known about his personal life. i'm planning to visit his grave later this summer to pay homage.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 23, 2013 4:54 pm

what is NCIS? no i don't watch it whatever it is. some detective show? she is costing me a pretty penny. more than i care to admit.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 23, 2013 5:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:what is NCIS? no i don't watch it whatever it is. some detective show? she is costing me a pretty penny. more than i care to admit.

Well, Leroy Jethro Gibbs is the lead character in that. More than likely, people will think you took the name from that.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 23, 2013 5:03 pm

i meant this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josiah_Willard_Gibbs
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 23, 2013 5:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i meant this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josiah_Willard_Gibbs
I know who you meant. Your profile pic. I had looked it up when you had large-sized it. But Gibbs now will probably resonate with the character on that show.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Why O' why?

If we name dogs after people we admire..how are we going to discipline them- and cuss them out!?"Sit Einstein boy..I said Sit boy and No, No Einstein..stop licking my face, and jumping up on my lap".. or "look what you did Madame Curie..and that too on my nice rug..bad girl"Smile Well, I would have a hard time..being serious!

Visiting the gravesite and paying homage seems good.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Maria S wrote:

If we name dogs after people we admire..how are we going to discipline them- and cuss them out!?"Sit Einstein boy..I said Sit boy and No, No Einstein..stop licking my face, and jumping up on my lap".. or "look what you did Madame Curie..and that too on my nice rug..bad girl"Smile Well, I would have a hard time..being serious!

hahaha @ look what you did mam curie! i think you're right.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Maria S wrote:Why O' why?

Since desis name their dogs in India as Jimmy or Tommy, Desis in US should give Indian names to their dogs.

Sit Vellaichaami sit... or Sit Rahul sit.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Maria S wrote:Why O' why?

Yep. Anytime, one has to name their enemy's name or their MIL's name to their dog. If at all when I get a dog I would name her "Dragon!"

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down