Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what flattens my soda pop

+4
Nila
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Propagandhi711
Captain Bhankas
8 posters

Go down

what flattens my soda pop Empty what flattens my soda pop

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu May 23, 2013 11:24 am

you are at the airport, traveling to a town you have never visited, all excited about the prospects of attending a wedding and enjoying all the goodies that come with it, whistling a peppy song, breaking into a little jig, tempted to do a triple somersault, thanking the world for being what it is and showing all your 32 to the world. in short, you are full of beans.

and then ...

and then you board the aircraft to realize that you are placed two rows ahead of a family that is traveling with an infant who lets out spontaneous, shrill cries after cries for no rhyme or reason, each one louder and longer then the previous one. said infant has a doting mother, a caring father and is entitled to a 20-hours of sleep YET decides to wail for as long as the aircraft is airborne.

these wail-machines on the plane who contribute nothing except noise pollution to the society flatten my soda pop.

/rant
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

what flattens my soda pop Empty Re: what flattens my soda pop

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 23, 2013 1:01 pm

atleast your flight is likely to be 2-3 hrs max...good luck if you run into such inconsiderate babies on international flights. on the other hand, allah created a dhimmi called bose who created these noise cancellation headphones that are overpriced yet a lifesaver in such sitchys

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu May 23, 2013 1:17 pm

yeah, it was only an hour-long flight. not a big deal but the kid was super duper shrill. he just wouldn't keep quiet. Smile
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:you are at the airport, traveling to a town you have never visited, all excited about the prospects of attending a wedding and enjoying all the goodies that come with it, whistling a peppy song, breaking into a little jig, tempted to do a triple somersault, thanking the world for being what it is and showing all your 32 to the world. in short, you are full of beans.

and then ...

and then you board the aircraft to realize that you are placed two rows ahead of a family that is traveling with an infant who lets out spontaneous, shrill cries after cries for no rhyme or reason, each one louder and longer then the previous one. said infant has a doting mother, a caring father and is entitled to a 20-hours of sleep YET decides to wail for as long as the aircraft is airborne.

these wail-machines on the plane who contribute nothing except noise pollution to the society flatten my soda pop.

/rant

I suspect that you - as a baby - would have done this to fellow passengers in trains once upon a time, and now it is payback time....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:yeah, it was only an hour-long flight. not a big deal but the kid was super duper shrill. he just wouldn't keep quiet. Smile

Look at the positive side. Kids who can cry in that tone turn out to be good singers. That kid may grow to be a big singer and you may tell the world your were one of his/hers first audiences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:you are at the airport, traveling to a town you have never visited, all excited about the prospects of attending a wedding and enjoying all the goodies that come with it, whistling a peppy song, breaking into a little jig, tempted to do a triple somersault, thanking the world for being what it is and showing all your 32 to the world. in short, you are full of beans.

and then ...

/rant
what? you have no empathy. you are a bad individual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:yeah, it was only an hour-long flight. not a big deal but the kid was super duper shrill. he just wouldn't keep quiet. Smile

Look at the positive side. Kids who can cry in that tone turn out to be good singers. That kid may grow to be a big singer and you may tell the world your were one of his/hers first audiences.

or a great executive in an Indian company in India.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 23, 2013 3:41 pm

I miss attending weddings...dressing up for the weddings and giving that beaming smile and all those delicious food and sweets.

Anyways, I've decided to attend a wedding next time when I visit India...doesn't matter if I were invited - just go give a gift...

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu May 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: I suspect that you - as a baby - would have done this to fellow passengers in trains once upon a time, and now it is payback time....Razz

no, sir. i was a quiet kid. in fact i was thought of as a dumb kid because i wouldn't open my mouth except eating. when i look at my childhood pics now, i say "ah, what a quiet-looking kid!"

VB wrote:Look at the positive side. Kids who can cry in that tone turn out to be good singers. That kid may grow to be a big singer and you may tell the world your were one of his/hers first audiences.

umm, more like that person in an indian court who shouts "deshpande vakil hajir hoooooooo".
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri May 24, 2013 12:12 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:what? you have no empathy. you are a bad individual.

the infant followed me to the baggage claim area and cried his heart out even while i was waiting to collect my baggage. you should have seen the relief on my face when the family finally exited the airport.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

the infant followed me to the baggage claim area and cried his heart out even while i was waiting to collect my baggage. you should have seen the relief on my face when the family finally exited the airport.
lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri May 24, 2013 12:23 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

ah.hahhaha..bhaiya is right.. you be careful vinodhini - not a good idea to get labeled as sociopath.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 24, 2013 12:29 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

I think the kid has memory from its previous life about you - obviously something scary.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat May 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:atleast your flight is likely to be 2-3 hrs max...good luck if you run into such inconsiderate babies on international flights. on the other hand, allah created a dhimmi called bose who created these noise cancellation headphones that are overpriced yet a lifesaver in such sitchys
** oh silly bhaava, just use foam ear plugs.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat May 25, 2013 4:04 pm

and then ...

/rant

** i totally empathize with you. session 1: i was taking care of a woman who brought in her child with her, this child was very curious and touching everything and i didn't like it but at one point she pulled out her iphone and started to take pics of me as i worked with her mom and i started to smile and pose for the pics and finally i got to send the two of them out.
session 2: a few months later this woman returns to see me and she brings two kids with her, the original kid and her twin - i couldn't tell them apart, but it was a disaster. the two kept bobbing their heads around my desk, popping package bubbles, running the disposable sheets in my work area, playing with the tap, pulling at the contents of my pockets. i started to yell at them and each time i did the mom would just look sad and got quieter and the twin children got noisier! and you know I've been having an irregular sleep schedule. anyhow, finally my work with the woman was done and i kicked them out. i don't think i should adopt any kids, i mean these two were so cute and so beautiful and i almost lost my marbles, i really wanted to whack them.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Babies cry when 1. they are hungry 2. when they are uncomfortable or in pain. It must be the latter in this case. Poor baby! Grrr@the ones who think it's a nuisance. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat May 25, 2013 7:32 pm

and then ...

/rant
>>>Must be the ears. I become nervous whenever I see babies on flights. Thankfully, I don't fly that much anymore. Hope the food was good at the wedding.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 25, 2013 7:53 pm

I love kids...The parents get nervous and look at me apologetically. but even the ones I cry I realize they should have a reason.

This happens very rarely and generally not too worried with kids. Heck...anytime babies next to me beat any 350 pounder as my neighbor.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat May 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

I think the kid has memory from its previous life about you - obviously something scary.
>>> Now that you mention it, it could be karmic payback. Maybe our Captain bugged him on a flight in their last births. Maybe he was a baby with colic, maybe it was a Singapore airline flight and he was one of the couriers who fly back and forth from India already submerged in mead by the time the plane takes off. For the baby to follow him into baggage claim, there must have been a strong sense of unfinished business Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat May 25, 2013 9:34 pm

the 54 deg F raw rain at the end of friggin may is flattening my soda pop. mother nature is screwing with my summer. it's going to go down to 38 tonight and tomorrow's high is 58.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down