Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitch Thrower - Cool or Stupid ?

2 posters

Go down

Mitch Thrower - Cool or Stupid ? Empty Mitch Thrower - Cool or Stupid ?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:46 pm

this guy is the ceo of bump.com

apparantly now u can text, email or call anyone by their license number plate!!!

bump.com has almost all the numberplates in USA in their database (collected by working in association with security camera at parking lots etc.). Initially they were saying that users have to provide bump.com their license plate number when registering with them but I heard in local news last nite that they have almost all the numbers in their databade and you can infact go to their website and claim yours.

So, texting, emailing and calling when driving is social networking or stupidity?

please read the article and debate discuss.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20061215/134659.shtml

PS: mitch says this product will help people connect with other drivers who they find cute ( wat if the cute driver finds it creepy??) or you can call sm1 whose car u see is getting towed ( wat if this person had an emergency and didnt care if his car was towed or stolen???).

http://www.huliq.com/10128/interview-mitch-thrower-ceo-bumpcom

Back to top Go down

Mitch Thrower - Cool or Stupid ? Empty Re: Mitch Thrower - Cool or Stupid ?

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Worse than stupid.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:53 pm

carvaka,

do you feel obligated to respond to posts nobody responds to (even when you also dont find them worthy) bcz u r the moderator or sth ?

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Arre why are you getting angry now? My comment was about the company / CEO, not your post or you.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:19 pm

charvaka wrote:Arre why are you getting angry now? My comment was about the company / CEO, not your post or you.

i know that lol and i am not angry at all. i am glad infact, u responded. i was only asking bcz nobody else responded and u did. so i was like are u doing it bcz u feel compelled to attend to every user's (smtime's boring) posts hehe

Back to top Go down

Post by greeneyedgirl Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Bump actually seems pretty cool, I heard about them at sxsw and their app disables texting while driving. I think Mitch is the guy that started active.com, cool or not, I like the stuff he is creating. This is them at sxsw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfKEuW5ZSug

greeneyedgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:18 pm

greeneyedgirl wrote:Bump actually seems pretty cool, I heard about them at sxsw and their app disables texting while driving. I think Mitch is the guy that started active.com, cool or not, I like the stuff he is creating. This is them at sxsw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfKEuW5ZSug

u r not alone. a lot of diff eyed ppl are registering too. two words : be careful. be prepared. soon freaks will be asking u out in a public parking lot Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm

seven wrote:th

So, texting, emailing and calling when driving is social networking or stupidity?

Stupidity. (of course, social networking in itself is a lot of stupidity)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:35 pm

blabberwock wrote:
seven wrote:th

Stupidity. (of course, social networking in itself is a lot of stupidity)

humans are social beings. y do find social networking stupid ? Don't you like fb and staying in touch with ur school college and other friends and family ?

i think social networking is cool but via license number plate is stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:50 pm

seven wrote:

humans are social beings

Yes - we are a gregarious bunch.

y do find social networking stupid ?

Because it is largely yet another source of exhibitionism.

I don't care what stupid things adults do but the number of kids (especially teenagers) who spend enormous time on facebook, chat etc. is very disturbing. The pressure to conform is enormous and everyone is almost forced to have a facebook account. I find it all an incredible waste of time that should be spent on more productive things. They worry about their fb status, pictures, chat, play stupid games like "farmville" and squander away their precious, formative years.

Don't you like fb and staying in touch with ur school college and other friends and family ?

Not really. In any case, I don't need a public place to keep in touch with those I care to keep in touch with.

i think social networking is cool but via license number plate is stupid.

They are both stupid - a matter of degree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down