Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have two job interviews but...

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
gone
6 posters

Go down

Have two job interviews but... Empty Have two job interviews but...

Post by gone Wed May 29, 2013 1:05 pm

I finally have two job interviews this month after almost a month of applying. I'm so, so relieved. I want to return to my normal work life in a large city + socializing with a diverse group of urban and worldly people instead of living in a sprawling house all alone (with our digs) in the middle of nowhere while DH is working all day.

The only two glitches:

1. Mom. She won't stop nagging me and giving me unsolicited advice like: you can't leave your husband for "silly" reasons, living in a small town isn't the worst thing in the world, you need to take your seven feras and wedding vows seriously, DH has never treated you badly or said an unkind word to you, it will be very difficult to find another man as nice as he is, all he is doing is trying to provide for you and his future family in a small town, why do you need a career for yourself? (Never mind that my dear dad spent around $150K on my six years of college+grad school tuition).

2. Posts on this forum by Tracy and Maria on how difficult it is to find a good man later in life. This terrifies me. Having to weed through older divorced men and all their baggage (ex-wives, kids, bitterness). My husband is fundamentally a good guy, had only one ex-girlfriend when I met him, is completely devoted to me, and we would both be lost without each other. I'm seriously hoping he decides to follow me to the big city.

Thanks, mom, for being so negative.

gone

Back to top Go down

Have two job interviews but... Empty Re: Have two job interviews but...

Post by gone Wed May 29, 2013 1:06 pm

With our dogs. Not digs.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 1:20 pm

mainstreet wrote:I finally have two job interviews this month after almost a month of applying. I'm so, so relieved. I want to return to my normal work life in a large city + socializing with a diverse group of urban and worldly people instead of living in a sprawling house all alone (with our digs) in the middle of nowhere while DH is working all day.

The only two glitches:

1. Mom. She won't stop nagging me and giving me unsolicited advice like: you can't leave your husband for "silly" reasons, living in a small town isn't the worst thing in the world, you need to take your seven feras and wedding vows seriously, DH has never treated you badly or said an unkind word to you, it will be very difficult to find another man as nice as he is, all he is doing is trying to provide for you and his future family in a small town, why do you need a career for yourself? (Never mind that my dear dad spent around $150K on my six years of college+grad school tuition).

2. Posts on this forum by Tracy and Maria on how difficult it is to find a good man later in life. This terrifies me. Having to weed through older divorced men and all their baggage (ex-wives, kids, bitterness). My husband is fundamentally a good guy, had only one ex-girlfriend when I met him, is completely devoted to me, and we would both be lost without each other. I'm seriously hoping he decides to follow me to the big city.

Ya, you got a good guy. What's a town for him? I would have lived with him happily. But then, I am an expert at getting bored. Mastered that art years ago. I can literally pass months doing absolutely nothing, and still be totally content with life.

Regarding my finding another man... will report in July. A friend was mocking me. Was like, 'ya u think u will get a man the moment u go seeking'. In other words, considering my age, body, weight, and other situations, it will be lucky if someone even gave me a second glance. I said, it's just a matter of me opening up to an idea or a thought. Once I do that, I focus on it, and usually the turnaround for me is fast. Sometimes, things fall into from my lap from the skies, almost literally. My last relationship, I was expecting absolutely nothing except that in my mind I made myself ready for it. I went out just once, and voila, he happened. This time will be even different, coz I will post on bharatmatrimony.com, and I will chase profiles. Sounds daunting, but *I* *YAM* *REDDY* for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 29, 2013 1:25 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
mainstreet wrote:I finally have two job interviews this month after almost a month of applying. I'm so, so relieved. I want to return to my normal work life in a large city + socializing with a diverse group of urban and worldly people instead of living in a sprawling house all alone (with our digs) in the middle of nowhere while DH is working all day.

The only two glitches:

Ya, you got a good guy. What's a town for him? I would have lived with him happily. But then, I am an expert at getting bored. Mastered that art years ago. I can literally pass months doing absolutely nothing, and still be totally content with life.

Regarding my finding another man... will report in July. once, and voila, he happened. This time will be even different, coz I will post on bharatmatrimony.com, and I will chase profiles. Sounds daunting, but *I* *YAM* *REDDY* for it.

Perhaps, you can move to the mainstreet - Heard one Doc will soon become available.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

The only two glitches:

Regarding my finding another man... will report in July. once, and voila, he happened. This time will be even different, coz I will post on bharatmatrimony.com, and I will chase profiles. Sounds daunting, but *I* *YAM* *REDDY* for it.

Perhaps, you can move to the mainstreet - Heard one Doc will soon become available.

Lol. What is Rishi's report on chinkus?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Ha! And one Saamiyar here said..no one cares about my predictable "finding good" and keeping good people (esp. a good man) posts. Confusing, annoying..pooh-poohing all aside..it sticks somewhere in memory boxes they say. "They" make it worth for me:)

Most Moms are right most of the time, but most children will not listen most of the time..

Exploring and Socializing in the city with the diverse group of urban and worldly people "sounds like fun"..in general, these days no one sits and cries for anyone..even dogs.. move on quickly..except those one or two special people called Mom and Dad- no matter what..they'll always be there..with what may seem negative talk on the outside (worried as they can be for their precious children inside!)

So Mainstreet..I'll do my thing and say- Good luck with everything!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 29, 2013 2:11 pm

It is only interviews.

What would you do if you were him?

If I were him I would divorce this wife and marry a doc expand my professional services and live happily ever after.

Wish you the best for your interviews.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Wed May 29, 2013 2:37 pm

My husband wouldn't date or marry a physician. His ex-girlfriend was one. He jokes with their mutual friends that he's "allergic to a female docs."

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Wed May 29, 2013 2:38 pm

All female docs.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 2:39 pm

mainstreet wrote:My husband wouldn't date or marry a physician. His ex-girlfriend was one. He jokes with their mutual friends that he's "allergic to a female docs."

but now he may probably have you as an ex, so maybe he will desensitize his original allergies, and develop new ones for non-medicos.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed May 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

The only two glitches:

She missed by [some time]. This was a perfect swap opportunity, is she had waited long enough for vacancies at mainstreet. May have worked out for both.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed May 29, 2013 2:56 pm

mainstreet wrote:My husband wouldn't date or marry a physician. His ex-girlfriend was one. He jokes with their mutual friends that he's "allergic to a female docs."

VB is not a medico. Can you please introduce your to-be-ex to her when you move out. Thanks
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 29, 2013 3:03 pm

mainstreet wrote:All female docs.

Well.... that was then.. This is now...

He might look into "male docs" for a change....we men are sensitive creatures, and haven't you ever heard "Never try to understand a man?"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 3:08 pm

southindian wrote:

VB is not a medico. Can you please introduce your to-be-ex to her when you move out. Thanks

am not leaving this township for next 3 years, forget state. So, mainstreet's ex is safe, for now. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Wed May 29, 2013 3:32 pm

It's complicated. On one hand, leaving him and the dogs is very stressful for me. On the other hand, the thought of continuing to spend the rest of my life with nothing to do in this backward place with no Whole Foods, urban amenities, or similar like-minded people (black/white, uneducated, conservative, Bible-thumping hicks) is horrifying. I can't even think of raising kids in this place. They would be living in some 1950s-era time warp.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 3:37 pm

mainstreet wrote:It's complicated. On one hand, leaving him and the dogs is very stressful for me. On the other hand, the thought of continuing to spend the rest of my life with nothing to do in this backward place with no Whole Foods, urban amenities, or similar like-minded people (black/white, uneducated, conservative, Bible-thumping hicks) is horrifying. I can't even think of raising kids in this place. They would be living in some 1950s-era time warp.

well, let's hope he sees ur POV, joins u, and gives this a perfect ending.

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Wed May 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Thank you but I'm not counting on it. He doesn't like begging and kissing a$$ to get patient referrals from primary care docs in the city. He likes it when he's busy without any marketing.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 29, 2013 6:38 pm

Oh you must find someone who like to begg and kiss a$$...gotcha.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Nila wrote:Oh you must find someone who like to begg and kiss a$$...gotcha.

Wait...she is just being a regular, normal woman....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 pm

The only two glitches:

** I have to say, i'm glad you're back, everyone here is so boring, all they do is listen to music. will read your posts later though.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Previously, I urged you to get out of that place. I meant that as a couple. If it comes to you divorcing him in order to move to a big city, forget it! Listen to your mom. She is right. Don't leave the good man.
Things may change eventually and he may be willing to move out. who knows! you guys may not be living in that place forever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 29, 2013 7:29 pm

nenu wrote:Previously, I urged you to get out of that place. I meant that as a couple. If it comes to you divorcing him in order to move to a big city, forget it! Listen to your mom. She is right. Don't leave the good man.
Things may change eventually and he may be willing to move out. who knows! you guys may not be living in that place forever.

She is about to do ONE good thing in her married life - finally. Don't stop her.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down