Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Google Maps for the computer...

2 posters

Go down

New Google Maps for the computer... Empty New Google Maps for the computer...

Post by Idéfix Thu May 30, 2013 8:58 pm

... is awesome. The interface is inspired by the latest Android UI. I am glad they have taken some of the great UI elements from Android and put them in the web application.

http://maps.google.com/help/maps/helloworld/desktop/preview/

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

New Google Maps for the computer... Empty Re: New Google Maps for the computer...

Post by Petrichor Thu May 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Does it do true distance calculation along two different routes (roads) instead of simply giving an aerial linear distance? (without specifying addresses, but simply plonking down start and end points)

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

New Google Maps for the computer... Empty Re: New Google Maps for the computer...

Post by Idéfix Thu May 30, 2013 11:28 pm

It does, and I think it used to do that earlier as well. When you choose an alternate route, the distance changes.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu May 30, 2013 11:31 pm

I need to specify starting and ending points as addresses. And then drag the routes to suit requirements. I am looking for a generic address-less measuring tool. If you get that to work, please let me know.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri May 31, 2013 2:36 am

In the new version, if you click on any point on the map, it automatically picks up the address of that point. After that you click the directions icon next to the address, and click on your other point on the map. It will then show you the route options and the distance and time for each.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down