Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Options for Christie

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
6 posters

Go down

Options for Christie Empty Options for Christie

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., who cast more votes than any other U.S.
senator from New Jersey, died Monday after complications from viral
pneumonia.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/03/nj-sen-lautenberg-dies/#ixzz2VAZLdwIC

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican, will be tasked with
appointing a replacement for Lautenberg, who was not planning to seek
re-election in 2014.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/03/nj-sen-lautenberg-dies/#ixzz2VAZTTiQd

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Options for Christie Empty Re: Options for Christie

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., who cast more votes than any other U.S.
senator from New Jersey, died Monday after complications from viral
pneumonia.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/03/nj-sen-lautenberg-dies/#ixzz2VAZLdwIC

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican, will be tasked with
appointing a replacement for Lautenberg, who was not planning to seek
re-election in 2014.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/03/nj-sen-lautenberg-dies/#ixzz2VAZTTiQd

I hope he does the right thing - appoints a democrat to replace a democrat. But then, in NJ even a republican is more democrat than a democrat from Montana or Texas.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Go Chivukula!

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Actually a rocket scientist might be a good choice too...Rush Holt.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Lautenberg was awesome - he expansively represented even the unwashed lowly h-1b's, writing out letters to chennai consulate arguing for thamizh maamiyArs' right to carry yellow-colored cloth bags and comfort pregnancy foods to enter the country.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Lautenberg was awesome - he expansively represented even the unwashed lowly h-1b's, writing out letters to chennai consulate arguing for thamizh maamiyArs' right to carry yellow-colored cloth bags and comfort pregnancy foods to enter the country.

Regarding approachability of these Senators:

When my wife visa was rejected, I contacted the Senators office and gave a written statement. The Senator contacted the Madras Consulate - updating me at every step from his DC office, and in 10 days the consulate called my wife and asked her to pick up the visa. The Senator sent a copy of all consulate-DC communication with a hand-signed letter from Senator offering all kinds of help including apt hunting, etc... (I still have a copy of all the documents).

He was a moderate, highly respected and powerful Republican. The democrat who I approached first wanted me to bear the cost of communication blah blah (He is powerful guy as well). And, of course, I was just a non-immigrant visa holder at that time.

Imagine approaching a local MLA in India.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Lautenberg was the one who pushed for the drinking age to be 21 and also ban smoking in airlines. he also designated the .08 percent blood alcohol mandate to determine if a subject was drunk. that was huge. gov christie and him did not see eye to eye on several issues yet in one of his speeches here, he spoke highly of him, his fighting spirit.

BTW, cory booker is going to be in the senate run next year, i guess.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Impedimenta wrote:Lautenberg was the one who pushed for the drinking age to be 21 and also ban smoking in airlines. he also designated the .08 percent blood alcohol mandate to determine if a subject was drunk. that was huge. gov christie and him did not see eye to eye on several issues yet in one of his speeches here, he spoke highly of him, his fighting spirit.

But did he work to increase the speed limit to 75 ???

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:Lautenberg was the one who pushed for the drinking age to be 21 and also ban smoking in airlines. he also designated the .08 percent blood alcohol mandate to determine if a subject was drunk. that was huge. gov christie and him did not see eye to eye on several issues yet in one of his speeches here, he spoke highly of him, his fighting spirit.

But did he work to increase the speed limit to 75 ???

aiyooo upps, i have not been pulled over since november of last year * touchwood* for speeding. I am going to keep it that way. cannot afford any more increases in my insurance.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Reduce his weight by 200 pounds.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Lautenberg was awesome - he expansively represented even the unwashed lowly h-1b's, writing out letters to chennai consulate arguing for thamizh maamiyArs' right to carry yellow-colored cloth bags and comfort pregnancy foods to enter the country.

When my wife visa was rejected, I contacted the Senators office and gave a written statement. The Senator contacted the Madras Consulate - updating me at every step from his DC office, and in 10 days the consulate called my wife and asked her to pick up the visa. The Senator sent a copy of all consulate-DC communication with a hand-signed letter from Senator offering all kinds of help including apt hunting, etc... (I still have a copy of all the documents).

He was a moderate, highly respected and powerful Republican. The democrat who I approached first wanted me to bear the cost of communication blah blah (He is powerful guy as well). And, of course, I was just a non-immigrant visa holder at that time.

Saamiyaar,

On one hand you tell people that "you don't know zilch about me." On the other hand, you reveal all these kinds of details to people here. I don't know what to make of this contradiction.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:56 pm

Rishi wrote:

Saamiyaar,

On one hand you tell people that "you don't know zilch about me." On the other hand, you reveal all these kinds of details to people here. I don't know what to make of this contradiction.

Hahaha... I did filter out the Senator names which could link to a lot of time-related info to ppl like Cyclotran ji and NaragaDevadai.

IN everything I say there is an element of truth - just an element - not enough to put it to use.

tell me what can you extract from my post ?....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down