Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rupee hits all time low vs dollar

+12
truthbetold
rawemotions
Propagandhi711
confuzzled dude
southindian
FluteHolder
Captain Bhankas
goodcitizn
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
Merlot Daruwala
nevada
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rupee hits all time low vs dollar - Page 2 Empty Re: Rupee hits all time low vs dollar

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:CONmen are destroying India's economy with their entitlement and voter-appeasement programs. Kiran Muzumdar Shaw was all upset yesterday when she was talking about the food security bill. Sinha of BJP also said that the economy will be ruined by the food security bull (he was opposing his own party's support for the bill). While communist China is implementing merit-based policies in education, work and employment, India is deliberately turning her back on progressive ways and shooting herself on the foot.
I am seriously worried about the IPL star(s) and the impact it will have on their "market" performance.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Rupee hits all time low vs dollar - Page 2 Empty Re: Rupee hits all time low vs dollar

Post by goodcitizn Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:13 am

Just as I feared the rupee has reached a new low: Rs68=$1, Gold is soaring already up over 5% today and Sensex is dropping and won't be long before it hits 17,000.

Meanwhile our politicians in Rajya Sabha have been busy reversing the Supreme Court ruling by amending the law to allow those in jail or those convicted to contest in elections. This is what happens when law-breakers become law-makers.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:44 am

68 low of the day so far - falling faster than Indian batsmen on a seaming wicket.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:57 am

harharmahadev wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:So.. does this encourage NRIs to invest in India, and the ones who invested a few years ago are screwed!
INR lost 30% value in 2+ yrs. if you invested your money there two years ago, you should have made more than that. ofcourse if you had invested those monies instead in US large cap index, you'd have made about 60% more with inflation at <3% so all things considered your statement is right. however it's hard to time these things and you could have invested in gold believing the world is coming to an end and still ended up at same place.

speaking of goldbugs where's that goofball predicting huge increases in gold prices? I just checked his strong reco of a gold miner (novagold) and noticed that it lost 80% of its value since his recommendation.
I believe you were referring to me in the above post.

I agree with you that NG lost a ton of value since I recommended it.  As a disclaimer, I had invested in it before recommending.  I put my money where my mouth is.

I did a lot of "soul searching" for mining companies, to understand the fundamentals and how "risk-qualified" they are (the ability to withstand market shocks).  Several things have rattled to gold miners - dramatic fall in gold prices, which may have been a result of pull back in speculative trading as a result of fed cutting down on the stimulus program.  When gold falls, miners take it on the chin.  When gold collapses, miners take it on their nuts.  Secondly, rising rates makes their liabilities go higher.  Because miners are highly leveraged.  Then you have the black swan events like India putting controls on gold imports.

So what's the state now?  I think miners are on the rebound.  Will gold hit new highs this year?  It's possible but not probable.  I think, the market will fall some (maybe to S&P 1550)...then there will be a melt-up, with S&P touching 2000.  Most of the gains might come from Tech Stocks.

So if I were to invest anywhere in the market today, I would focus on tech.  I'm mulling buying INTC.  hmm...<twiddling thumbs>....
BMIX currently at 10-12 cents. Any chance this OTC stock can get its Mojo back ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:00 am

goodcitizn wrote:Just as I feared the rupee has reached a new low: Rs68=$1, Gold is soaring already up over 5% today and Sensex is dropping and won't be long before it hits 17,000.

Meanwhile our politicians in Rajya Sabha have been busy reversing the Supreme Court ruling by amending the law to allow those in jail or those convicted to contest in elections. This is what happens when law-breakers become law-makers.
Sensex has a key resistance point at 17450. If it crosses that, it will be breakdown.
It can even go lower than 17000 to the next resistance point.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:22 am

walmart is suing indian rupee for copying its slogan -

low prices evwwvvvrrRRRyydddDAy
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:37 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:walmart is suing indian rupee for copying its slogan -

low prices evwwvvvrrRRRyydddDAy
LOL! Time for Gandhi to change his profile picture on it.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 am

goodcitizn wrote:Just as I feared the rupee has reached a new low: Rs68=$1, Gold is soaring already up over 5% today and Sensex is dropping and won't be long before it hits 17,000.

GC, I feel sorry for people here, supporting UPA and political parties supporting UPA to stay in power. I just don't understand relevance of their support.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:14 am

southindian wrote:

GC, I feel sorry for people here, supporting UPA and political parties supporting UPA to stay in power. I just don't understand relevance of their support.
I am not sure who all blindly support UPA here. Criticizing BJP or Modi does not a Congress supporter make. As for me, I feel sorry for India having to choose between two corrupt parties. But the country needs a change and for that reason I'd like Congress defeated. It has escalated corruption to new levels. If it sticks with the Food Security bill as a ploy to get re-elected, the economy is bound to get even worse with the deficit ballooning out of control.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:51 am

goodcitizn wrote:
I am not sure who all blindly support UPA here. Criticizing BJP or Modi does not a Congress supporter make. As for me, I feel sorry for India having to choose between two corrupt parties. But the country needs a change and for that reason I'd like Congress defeated. It has escalated corruption to new levels. If it sticks with the Food Security bill as a ploy to get re-elected, the economy is bound to get even worse with the deficit ballooning out of control.[/quote]
Just saw Gas Price increased by 20 cents to 3.56 (This is Kansas and not California).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:55 am

I was talking to a cousin so mine who moved from US to india, selling their home in US at a time when the RE was rock bottom for some loss.
 Her husband stayed back for some time and finally moved to India, getting his salary in rupees since April this year. Unfortunately, the rupee value started depreciating since then. 
He is beating himself up now for selling his home in US, instead of renting and for moving back to india for good and getting his salary in rupees, which is losing its value fast.

Ps: PC's DIL is so damn pretty.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 am

A funny comment on the Indian rupee on another board.

Pakistan has stopped printing Indian Rupee notes (jaali notes)! Cost of production jyada pad raha hai, jab original hi itna sasta milraha hai tou! (cost of production has gone up, can't breakeven when the original is so cheap).     

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:18 am

mahendra says rupee will go to 71.5 by Sept 4 and then it will bounce big.
Anybody knows an instrument other than FX to trade ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:37 am

b_A wrote:mahendra says rupee will go to 71.5 by Sept 4 and then it will bounce big.
Anybody knows an instrument other than FX to trade ?
Hawala
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:59 am

indophile wrote:A funny comment on the Indian rupee on another board.

Pakistan has stopped printing Indian Rupee notes (jaali notes)! Cost of production jyada pad raha hai, jab original hi itna sasta milraha hai tou! (cost of production has gone up, can't breakeven when the original is so cheap).     
rofl!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2