Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Point to ponder

Go down

Point to ponder Empty Point to ponder

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:31 am

Someone I know had a personal employee who was very loyal, but had an acid tongue. She would set straight all of the boss's close ones if they misbehaved. Right infront of the boss. The boss would secretly laugh about it, and sorta let her do it. Encouraged her too sometimes. But with time the employee's audacity began increasing. She began attacking the close ones of the boss. That was the first red flag for the boss, and they began subsiding the behaviour. And finally the inevitable happened. The employee put down the boss one day. That was the end of it. The employee was fired. 

There is one thing that I learned from that. And I have seen other examples as well. I myself try to adhere to it. 

Put a stop to negative behaviour upfront, even if that negativity is initially directed towards people you dislike. Just know that it will come back to bite you one day. It definitely will. By the same token, the person who encourages you to be mean is simply not a good friend or a well wisher. Just can't be. It's very logical. But sometimes we are just so wrapped up in fun, that we don't see it.

Back to top Go down

Point to ponder Empty Re: Point to ponder

Post by Petrichor Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:03 am

This is a good lesson but not a story.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down