Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain B

+5
Greento Mato
Impedimenta
nevada
Captain Bhankas
goodcitizn
9 posters

Go down

Captain B Empty Captain B

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:59 am

Any predictions on the upcoming match between India and Sri Lanka, and also the finals? Wink

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Captain B Empty Re: Captain B

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:40 am

i am certain India will win quite comfortably against the sri lankans. both the teams have mediocre bowling attacks, but india's batting is the best in the tournament. india's batting will win it for us. i think india will also win the final, ENG's performance yesterday notwithstanding. 

another ICC tourney under dhobi's c'ship.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:21 am

I am not so sure. SL might spring a surprise here.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:16 am

curious, why is dhoni, dhobi? :-) don't people idolize him?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Greento Mato Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:57 am

Impedimenta wrote:curious, why is dhoni, dhobi? :-) don't people idolize him?
It is pity that people are disrespecting indian captain. Maybe Bhankas is j/k.

Greento Mato

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:59 am

Greento Mato wrote:

i thot they say it coz his shots are like how a dhobi washes big sheets, ever seem them? There was this small dhobi place near the hospital in our campus. Would see them lined up and beat up big hospital sheets on a stone slab with full force.

Back to top Go down

Post by Greento Mato Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Greento Mato wrote:

i thot they say it coz his shots are like how a dhobi washes big sheets, ever seem them? There was this small dhobi place near the hospital in our campus. Would see them lined up and beat up big hospital sheets on a stone slab with full force.
I do not see dhobis now a days, but I remember. You made good explaination. You are medico lady?

Greento Mato

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:14 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Greento Mato wrote:

You're right. Lately, Dhoni has been very busy doing laundry, which includes large sheets of course, for N. Srinivasan.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:46 am

Greento Mato wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Greento Mato wrote:

I do not see dhobis now a days, but I remember. You made good explaination. You are medico lady?

No. Who you? And why green tomato. Why not red tomato?

Back to top Go down

Post by Greento Mato Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:53 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Greento Mato wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Greento Mato wrote:

No. Who you? And why green tomato. Why not red tomato?
I me. Greento Mato is more interesting as Redto Mato. Also more easy flow is there to say it.

Greento Mato

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:i am certain India will win quite comfortably against the sri lankans. both the teams have mediocre bowling attacks, but india's batting is the best in the tournament. india's batting will win it for us. i think india will also win the final, ENG's performance yesterday notwithstanding. 

Your prediction so far seems to be right on target. SL 181/8 after 50 overs and India 40/0 after 10 overs. Can't understand why Dhoni decided to bowl 4 overs and didn't use Kumar to complete all 10 overs considering how well he bowled. Rohit has had a couple of "life"s so far. The runrate is moving at snail's pace.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:05 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:i am certain India will win quite comfortably against the sri lankans. both the teams have mediocre bowling attacks, but india's batting is the best in the tournament. india's batting will win it for us. i think india will also win the final, ENG's performance yesterday notwithstanding. 

Your prediction so far seems to be right on target. SL 181/8 after 50 overs and India 40/0 after 10 overs. Can't understand why Dhoni decided to bowl 4 overs and didn't use Kumar to complete all 10 overs considering how well he bowled. Rohit has had a couple of "life"s so far. The runrate is moving at snail's pace.

Rohit! Cricinfo says it was Shikar who was dropped twice

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:33 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Rohit! Cricinfo says it was Shikar who was dropped twice
True. Shikar had one at second slip off Kulasekara that was dropped but the other one, also off Kulasekara, was too short. Rohit had two - one off Perera at first slip and another off Kulasekara at point. SL fielding isn't sharp as usual. In contrast, Raina was absolutely fabulous today.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:37 am

Rohit gone for 33! Unnecessary risky attempt rushing forward and bowled by Mathews.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Dhawan gone now. Mendis is bowling well, getting good spin and deceiving the batsman with the wrong 'un.
The stage is set now for a shocking choke job. Can India do it?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:01 pm

Wow, barely 15 min later it is all over! Congrats India on an impressive victory. Now crush England in the final.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:44 pm

nevada wrote:Wow, barely 15 min later it is all over! Congrats India on an impressive victory. Now crush England in the final.
Kohli picked up momentum and finished strong. It should be an exciting finals.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:57 am

i never thought i would say this but IND looks like the best side in the tournament. IND's bowling is not threatening but it works somewhat and their batting is far superior to others. nohit sharma's promotion as an opener seems to have been a blessing for him. although big scores are missing, he is laying a solid foundation with dhawan making it easier for the middle order. kohli, karthik and dhoni are all doing their bit and with jadeja and ashwin to bat after them, you need a very good bowling attack to dismiss india cheaply. 

now i am certain we have seen the last of sehwag and h singh. but gambhir? yuvraj singh? zaheer khan? will they never play again? they won't if IND wins on Sunday, which I think will happen.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:43 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:i never thought i would say this but IND looks like the best side in the tournament. IND's bowling is not threatening but it works somewhat and their batting is far superior to others. nohit sharma's promotion as an opener seems to have been a blessing for him. although big scores are missing, he is laying a solid foundation with dhawan making it easier for the middle order. kohli, karthik and dhoni are all doing their bit and with jadeja and ashwin to bat after them, you need a very good bowling attack to dismiss india cheaply. 

now i am certain we have seen the last of sehwag and h singh. but gambhir? yuvraj singh? zaheer khan? will they never play again? they won't if IND wins on Sunday, which I think will happen.

O' Capt'n, My Capt'n: The same can be said of England with Cook, Bell and Trott to start off. Root and Morgan (and even Bopara if he plays) can score big. Ishant was good yesterday for a change and got MOM. Hopefully he maintains focus and bowls well. Kumar has been the most consistent and economical. Yadav is neither great nor so-so. Hopefully Dhoni doesn't give himself a few overs! India does look the better of the two teams but you never know. That's why it will be an exciting finals.

Sehwag should retire. Bhajji too. With Dhawan doing so well Gambhir's place is questionable especially if Rohit keeps his slot. Zahir is better than Yadav IMO.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:44 am

goodcitizn wrote:O' Capt'n, My Capt'n: The same can be said of England with Cook, Bell and Trott to start off. Root and Morgan (and even Bopara if he plays) can score big. Ishant was good yesterday for a change and got MOM. Hopefully he maintains focus and bowls well. Kumar has been the most consistent and economical. Yadav is neither great nor so-so. Hopefully Dhoni doesn't give himself a few overs! India does look the better of the two teams but you never know. That's why it will be an exciting finals.

Sehwag should retire. Bhajji too. With Dhawan doing so well Gambhir's place is questionable especially if Rohit keeps his slot. Zahir is better than Yadav IMO.

agree about cook and trott. you get them cheaply and you win the cup. let'see. less than 24 hours now.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:01 pm

My pick is England. Their batsmen are used to swing, cold, rain and messey weather along with the bounce. Anderson is a handful nowadays and he exploits English conditions very well.
India is doing all the right things including Fielding well. They will win if they can handle Anderson.Indian batting was not tested yet.
Indian bowling is not likely to pose much of a problem for home team.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:04 pm

truthbetold wrote:My pick is England. Their batsmen are used to swing, cold,  rain and messey weather along with the bounce. Anderson is a handful nowadays and he exploits English conditions very well.

Those are obsolete statements. Indian batsmen have come a long way - very long way. With the exception of Perth or Barbados pitches, the Indians can be counted on putting on a ball by ball fight for the last 15 years against any team.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
truthbetold wrote:My pick is England. Their batsmen are used to swing, cold,  rain and messey weather along with the bounce. Anderson is a handful nowadays and he exploits English conditions very well.

Those are obsolete statements. Indian batsmen have come a long way - very long way. With the exception of Perth or Barbados pitches, the Indians can be counted on putting on a ball by ball fight for the last 15 years against any team.

Sami,
Last 15 years? As far I can tell last 15 years include India's last tour of England( both test and odi) . Kohli., Raina, rohit,
Dhoni, and may be others were involved. Are you taking drugs?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:55 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Sami,
Last 15 years? As far I can tell last 15 years include India's last tour of England( both test and odi) . Kohli., Raina,  rohit,
Dhoni,  and may be others were involved. Are you taking drugs?

I knew you would mention that. do you expect everything to be 100% perfect in everything or did you think I forgot or expected me to be like Flimmy Iyer - a perfectionist in writeups in this great Journal?

Despite the last debacles in England and Aussie, Indians are not afraid of swing bowling or pace bowling anymore. There are Bhuvaneshwar and Praveen and Vinay who swing the ball both ways as much as the english. The Indians have scored a 100 centuries all over the world in 10 years...and to say they are not good players of fast bowling is absolutely off the mark.

I did take my lithium, abilify and Klonapin today.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:22 pm

technique is still important to succeed in a variety of conditions and over a sustained period of time. tendulkar, laxman, and dravid and to a large extent ganguly all had it in good measure. i am not convinced the newcomers and dhoni have it. this is why i think sehwag whose game was largely based on hand-eye-coordination is finished. i predict gambhir who has better technique will claw his way back into the team but not sehwag.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:31 pm

whoever wins the toss will elect to bowl so that they can adjust the run rate later if DL comes into reckoning.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down