Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another good move by Jaya

+7
garam_kuta
Rishi
goodcitizn
Hellsangel
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Seva Lamberdar
Vakavaka Pakapaka
11 posters

Go down

Another good move by Jaya Empty Another good move by Jaya

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 am

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130621/news-current-affairs/article/now-jayalalithaa-govt-offers-amma-mineral-water-rs-10-litre

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Another good move by Jaya Empty Re: Another good move by Jaya

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:03 am

Interesting move by the CM, but she should stop launching these public projects in the name of "Amma".
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:21 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130621/news-current-affairs/article/now-jayalalithaa-govt-offers-amma-mineral-water-rs-10-litre

This is crazy.... a person needs some 2 litres a day in that hot summery TN. A family 4 will need Rs 100 a day on average, and 3000 per month just for WATER ????

Instead of trying to solve this drinking water problem permanently, this bottle water crap is a temporary election stunt. This canteen and water and similar future gimmicks are replete with potential for massive corruption in the near future.

Better to build desalination plants, start charging for groundwater (to prevent industries and mafia from draining away), put in place a Chinku-style Metro Migration restriction.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:23 am

She could always call it "Mommy!!!" instead of Amma.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:36 am

Hellsangel wrote:She could always call it "Mommy!!!" instead of Amma.

She is playing this election game deftly - long term. At election time, people will be sentimentally affected and think twice before voting against "AMMA" who gives them daily food and daily water.

Soon to start: Amma's Kovanum Cloth Stores. Amma's Maligai, Amma's Kakoose, and so on...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:She could always call it "Mommy!!!" instead of Amma.

She is playing this election game deftly - long term. At election time, people will be sentimentally affected and think twice before voting against "AMMA" who gives them daily food and daily water.

Soon to start: Amma's Kovanum Cloth Stores. Amma's Maligai, Amma's Kakoose, and so on...

I am not a JJ fan but give credit where credit is due. While Karunanidhi and his family were busy looting the coffer for so many years this lady at least is coming up with ways to help the poor on food and water. Wish you'd be more of an angel's advocate than the devil's.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:00 am

goodcitizn wrote:
I am not a JJ fan but give credit where credit is due. While Karunanidhi and his family were busy looting the coffer for so many years this lady at least is coming up with ways to help the poor on food and water. Wish you'd be more of an angel's advocate than the devil's.

Lucifer was an angel Razz
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:34 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130621/news-current-affairs/article/now-jayalalithaa-govt-offers-amma-mineral-water-rs-10-litre

Waiiiiiiiiit...a...minute....

Amma's Mineral Water?.....Ewwww....

But then, RSS sold Gomuthra...Amma is a closet Chaddi anyway.... she may be just giving a personal touch to Chaadi philosophy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:23 pm

This is crazy.... a person needs some 2 litres a day in that hot summery TN. A family 4 will need Rs 100 a day on average, and 3000 per month just for WATER ????

Instead of trying to solve this drinking water problem permanently, this bottle water crap is a temporary election stunt. This canteen and water and similar future gimmicks are replete with potential for massive corruption in the near future.

Better to build desalination plants, start charging for groundwater (to prevent industries and mafia from draining away), put in place a Chinku-style Metro Migration restriction.

Building a desalination plant will take years.

Amma is smart.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Rishi wrote:

Building a desalination plant will take years.

Amma is smart.

saar.. TEAM had it in the late 80's or early 90s i gather, at a very reasonable budget. but water scarcity, tragically, has always been a political tool in the last 30+years

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:43 pm

What does a bottle of mineral water cost these days in India? 10 rupees doesn't seem too cheap to me.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:17 am

nevada wrote:What does a bottle of mineral water cost these days in India? 10 rupees doesn't seem too cheap to me.

You are obviously unaware of the high cost of living in India these days. Rs10 for a liter of mineral water is half the going price so it's a good deal for the poor. (Unfortunately I get the feeling that most drunkards deplete all the available stock). Just half a liter of milk is over Rs20 these days; used to be Rs12 about a year ago.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:06 am

goodcitizn wrote:
nevada wrote:What does a bottle of mineral water cost these days in India? 10 rupees doesn't seem too cheap to me.

You are obviously unaware of the high cost of living in India these days. Rs10 for a liter of mineral water is half the going price so it's a good deal for the poor. (Unfortunately I get the feeling that most drunkards deplete all the available stock). Just half a liter of milk is over Rs20 these days; used to be Rs12 about a year ago.

......and per Diem for people in India is.......

Amma's water is pure and pure election gimmick. It will in no way solve the water problem. If she makes an effort to simultaneously address the long-term problem then it is admirable. If India can build a quadralateral in 10 years, it sure can build desalination plants and solve the problem. Unlike nuke plants no one will oppose desalination plants. I read a whole lot of articles since reading about amma's water. Apparently it takes millions of barrels of oil to produce bottled water in India - something India can hardly afford. Add to that the pollution issue, foreign exchange issues, quality assurance, etc...Still ppl do need water for non-drinking purposes - what to do for that?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 am

Amma's water is pure and pure election gimmick.

Well said.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:56 am

most likely she will sell "packaged drinking" water and not necessarily mineral water.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:most likely she will sell "packaged drinking" water and not necessarily mineral water.

The "mineral water" people buy in Chennai might as well be from the Coovum river.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Rishi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:most likely she will sell "packaged drinking" water and not necessarily mineral water.

The "mineral water" people buy in Chennai might as well be from the Coovum river.

hahaha you are so right...recently, there was some raids and 100s of such bottle water "companies" were cited/closed down (yeah rite) for simply filling in borewell water.

Here are some great, simple, effective methods for Desi water (or while visiting India):

Commercial tablets: For commercially prepared chlorine or iodine tablets, follow the instructions that come with them. If you don't have instructions, use one tablet for each quart or litre of water to be purified.

Or, Disinfecting with PLAIN household CHLORINE bleach kills some, but not all, types of disease-causing organisms. . Most household chlorine bleaches have 4-6 percent available chlorine, in which case add 1/8 teaspoon (8 drops) of regular, unscented, liquid household bleach for each gallon of water (2 drops per litre), stir it well and let it stand for 30 minutes before you use it. Use double or 1/2 doseage if the concentration is half or double.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:37 pm

I am surprised that jj's vote gimmicks are supported by well informed such posters.
I support sami 's desalination plant rather than a 3 month gimmick to hoodwink Tamils who are already drunk on such gifts.
Ysr, the dead ap cm, gave away stuff like this to loot tens of thousands of crores of public money.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:50 pm

truthbetold wrote:I am surprised that jj's vote gimmicks are supported by well informed such posters.
I support sami 's desalination plant rather than a 3 month gimmick to hoodwink Tamils who are already drunk on such gifts.
Ysr,  the dead ap cm,  gave away stuff like this to loot tens of thousands of crores of public money.

Non sequitur, looting happens regardless. A lot of poor people have benefited from Indiramma housings scheme & Aarogysri

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Cd,
every subsidy will help at least one or two people. That is not proof of a good subsidy.

Your effort to minimize the looting of ysr is amazing and disappointing. Just look at bihar. Exit the corrupt lalu and enter nitish. Bihar now is a far better place than it was under lalu.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:33 pm

truthbetold wrote:Cd,
every subsidy will help at least one or two people. That is not proof of a good subsidy.

Your effort to minimize the looting of ysr is amazing and disappointing.  Just look at bihar. Exit the corrupt lalu and enter nitish. Bihar now is a far better place than it was under lalu.  

So are your & Propa's incessant beat of corruption claims & constant attempts to trivialize the good work. I don't quite get the comparison with Bihar. If you mean, A.P was much better place prior to YSR i.e. under CBN's helm, no I don't think so.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Cd,
people of ap were damaged by the extraordinary corruption of ysr govt.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:56 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Your effort to minimize the looting of ysr is amazing and disappointing.  Just look at bihar. Exit the corrupt lalu and enter nitish. Bihar now is a far better place than it was under lalu.  

So are your & Propa's incessant beat of corruption claims & constant attempts to trivialize the good work. I don't quite get the comparison with Bihar. If you mean, A.P was much better place prior to YSR i.e. under CBN's helm, no I don't think so.

Can you just explain to me how Jagan has 800 crores wealth when his father hardly had more than just a house in 1982?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:47 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Can you just explain to me how Jagan has 800 crores wealth when his father hardly had more than just a house in 1982?

I hate to break it to you but majority of politicians in India are like that wonly.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:58 am

Cd,
You have condoned ysr and jagan 's looting of ap as common political corruption.
Even by Indian standards their schemes were extremely devious and too far in the unusual arena. The loss to the state is too heavy to be dismissed as regular corruption.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:13 am

You have condoned ysr  and jagan 's looting of ap as common  political corruption.
Even by Indian standards their schemes were extremely devious and too far in the unusual arena. The loss to the state is too heavy to be dismissed as regular corruption.

Really! can you provide specific examples. I guess it is not looting when CBN/Murali Mohan and their cohorts involve in corruption, and Tehelka must be making up stories about CBN's assets.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:01 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
You have condoned ysr  and jagan 's looting of ap as common  political corruption.

Really! can you provide specific examples. I guess it is not looting when CBN/Murali Mohan and their cohorts involve in corruption, and Tehelka must be making up stories about CBN's assets.

Cd,
bringing in cbn. Familiar trick. Go ahead and make a case against cbn.
I am sure you are are aware of ysr and jagan's misdeeds as much as the next guy. Since you asked I am posting the names of some of the schemes in the news.
vanpik
brahmani steels
Bayyaram iron ore
Galilee janardhan reddy mining on ap border
Lepaskhi knowledge hub
manikonda golfcourse plots
krishnapatnam port

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:12 am

Cd,
cag report on jalayagnam
Investment flow into jagans power company
Property seized by cbi is already above 100 crores

Six ministers of ysr cabinet were named by supreme court for follow up.
and all od this is under ysr's own party govt.

They may not hold it for long in Indian politics but ysr and jagan hold the title of most corrupt leaders for now.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down