Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Doctors have the biggest conflict of interest??

4 posters

Go down

Do Doctors have the biggest conflict of interest?? Empty Do Doctors have the biggest conflict of interest??

Post by iTEDx Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:46 am

Unlike most people I do not consider Medicine to be a "noble" profession. I think a doctor is nothing unlike a businessman, albeit a businessman that has a potential to seriously harm you by refusing "to do business" with you in your time of need. I do not think doctors are compassionate people at all, if they were, they would never refuse to see a patient because he can not afford treatment. Moreover, they have the biggest conflict of interest that any profession can have- if one has an illness that is subjective (can not be proven as 'cured', 'not cured' by simply looking at some test result), then what reason do they have to send you home? In order for that doctor to continue surviving professionally, it is imperative that he hopes a patients  cures of your symptoms 'well enough', but not really 'too well'....so that he keep coming back for more repair- much like your auto-mechanic.

I have been trying to look for a good doctor, and my search is no different from "shopping" for a piece of commodity or service, trying to see who can offer it to me the cheapest,  balancing the price with quality. Makes me sick when people say doctors are compassionate people, I think they are one of the most overrated professionals.

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Do Doctors have the biggest conflict of interest?? Empty Re: Do Doctors have the biggest conflict of interest??

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:09 am

is it saar uppili's birthday today?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Do Doctors have the biggest conflict of interest?? Empty Re: Do Doctors have the biggest conflict of interest??

Post by iTEDx Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:40 am

Who what why?

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Most doctors work for the pharmaceuticals. They get a pay back for every prescription that is sent electronically to your drug store. That is the doctors business today.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by iTEDx Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:38 am

No even if they don't work for pharma, they still have a considerable conflict of interest. Especially, those working as mental health providers (Psychiatrists, Psychologists etc). They have no way of being proven wrong by an object lab test, so they can potentially protract the treatment for years and years. And why would they want those patient to get ok? As long as they find a happy medium between a patinet not dying (or harming themselves greatly), and a patient sick enough to want to come to the clinic, the doctors are in a good place professionally.

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 pm

not just mental health providers. Regular family doctors also try to delay patients ailments very slowly. they prescribe drugs to counteract the side effects of drug.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by iTEDx Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:56 pm

Sandee2020 wrote: they prescribe drugs to counteract the side effects of drug.

Mmm ok, but whats wrong with that?

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:34 pm

What's wrong with prescribing so many drugs? R u kidding?

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:40 pm

iTEDx wrote:Unlike most people I do not consider Medicine to be a "noble" profession. I think a doctor is nothing unlike a businessman, albeit a businessman that has a potential to seriously harm you by refusing "to do business" with you in your time of need. I do not think doctors are compassionate people at all, if they were, they would never refuse to see a patient because he can not afford treatment. Moreover, they have the biggest conflict of interest that any profession can have- if one has an illness that is subjective (can not be proven as 'cured', 'not cured' by simply looking at some test result), then what reason do they have to send you home? In order for that doctor to continue surviving professionally, it is imperative that he hopes a patients  cures of your symptoms 'well enough', but not really 'too well'....so that he keep coming back for more repair- much like your auto-mechanic.

I have been trying to look for a good doctor, and my search is no different from "shopping" for a piece of commodity or service, trying to see who can offer it to me the cheapest,  balancing the price with quality. Makes me sick when people say doctors are compassionate people, I think they are one of the most overrated professionals.

Capitalism at work. Financial incentive is the panacea for everything.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by iTEDx Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:51 am

In a not so unrelated post:

Utrakhand me Fansi ek Beti ne apni Maa se
Pucha: "Maa Radio peSuna India Jeet Gai, jo Khel
rae the Unhe 1 crore pe Mila"
Maa Boli: Haa Beti sarkar kehti hai "wo Desh k
Liye khel rae hai.. isiliye"
Beti Asmaan me Helicopter pe Latakte Jawaan ko
Dekh ke boli: "Maa Kya Inhe bhi 1 crore??"
Maa: "Naa Beti Naa Hamare yaha Balle se khelne
wale ko Inaam Milta hai Jaan pe khelne wale ko
nai" What a shame-less governance we have in our country.

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down