Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

phones everywhere

+2
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
6 posters

Go down

phones everywhere Empty phones everywhere

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:28 pm

random observation.
I am at Boston Logan. Approx 65 waiting to board. 42 have smart phones or e readers, 2 people have magazines.
the world is now run on phones.
people who slow down on highways and continue long conversations - what do you think of them?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

phones everywhere Empty Re: phones everywhere

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Print media is dying. Newspapers, worldwide, have been retooling to survive. Here is an example of how small papers like The Guardian are growing big in internet age in spite of decline in print circulation.

Since 2008, the Guardian has been making a major push to appeal to the American market. After a bout of layoffs, it now employs 29 journalists in the United States, primarily in New York and Washington. Online visitors from the States are channeled to the Guardian’s U.S. edition, which features America-centric news. Monday’s page, for example, carried articles about the deaths of firefighters in Arizona and a retrospective of photos from the Battle of Gettysburg.

Not a bad run of scoops for a financially struggling, frankly liberal newspaper with a newsprint circulation of fewer than 160,000 copies daily (which makes it roughly the size of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette) but with a significantly larger digital following worldwide.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:27 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Print media is dying. Newspapers, worldwide, have been retooling to survive. Here is an example of how small papers like The Guardian are growing big in internet age in spite of decline in print circulation.

Since 2008, the Guardian has been making a major push to appeal to the American market. After a bout of layoffs, it now employs 29 journalists in the United States, primarily in New York and Washington. Online visitors from the States are channeled to the Guardian’s U.S. edition, which features America-centric news. Monday’s page, for example, carried articles about the deaths of firefighters in Arizona and a retrospective of photos from the Battle of Gettysburg.

Not a bad run of scoops for a financially struggling, frankly liberal newspaper with a newsprint circulation of fewer than 160,000 copies daily (which makes it roughly the size of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette) but with a significantly larger digital following worldwide.

Good for them. At this rate The Guardian will be as big as The Tamiltribune.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:44 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Good for them.  At this rate The Guardian will be as big as The Tamiltribune.

You missed the whole point. See below

"The NSA stories, in particular, raised the Guardian’s profile to an Everest-like peak. Its video interview with Snowden, conducted by its star American columnist Glenn Greenwald, attracted nearly 7 million unique views worldwide in one day. The total was a record for the paper’s Web site, which is already one of the world’s most heavily trafficked news sites with a high of 41 million unique monthly visitors"

phones everywhere Most-Read-Online-Newspapers-in-the-World

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:52 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Good for them.  At this rate The Guardian will be as big as The Tamiltribune.

You missed the whole point. See below

"The NSA stories, in particular, raised the Guardian’s profile to an Everest-like peak. Its video interview with Snowden, conducted by its star American columnist Glenn Greenwald, attracted nearly 7 million unique views worldwide in one day. The total was a record for the paper’s Web site, which is already one of the world’s most heavily trafficked news sites with a high of 41 million unique monthly visitors"

phones everywhere Most-Read-Online-Newspapers-in-the-World

And, you missed the sole point in my post....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Another random observation.
As you come out of movie, every good looking female will pull out a phone to talk to someone. Who are they talking to? What are they talking about?
How come no one discusses the movie with their movie partner any more?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:26 am

truthbetold wrote:Another random observation.
As you come out of movie, every good looking female will pull out a phone to talk to someone. Who are they talking to? What are they talking about?

i take my iphone out and begin reading stuff on it cuz i don't want to waste time on pleasantries. i get tired talking to people. those women are probably calling their ride home. no mystery there.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:37 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

i take my iphone out and begin reading stuff on it cuz i don't want to waste time on pleasantries. i get tired talking to people. those women are probably calling their ride home. no mystery there.
If getting tired is due to to low energy or enthusiasm, then you can take up some physical exercises and energy supplements which should help bring up your energies.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 am

iphone users are lazy and useless as the phones themselves. don't pay any attention to them. pay attention, instead to the few women who carry an android Rolling Eyes 

where are you going?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:32 am

That's called generation gap, remember, you dad used to make similar comments about you Smile

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down