Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ceramic coated cookware

4 posters

Go down

Ceramic coated cookware Empty Ceramic coated cookware

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:08 pm

I got my first ceramic coated pan, cooked in it and like it. The description on the cover says, 'Ceramic nonstick is a water-based coating made of titanium and suspended silicate particles (the main components of glass); one of the purest, most ecological materials in nature." The cover also has an 'Eco friendly cookware' stamp on it. I am not too sure about what the eco friendliness is all about, but i believe that this is a more healthier option to using the teflon-coated non-stick cookware. I am going to throw away all the teflon coated pots and pans and replace them with the ceramic coated ones soon.

End of announcement.

Back to top Go down

Ceramic coated cookware Empty Re: Ceramic coated cookware

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:43 pm

Don't throw away your Teflon coated pans yet. You're welcome.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Don't throw away your Teflon coated pans yet. You're welcome.

pls backup your advice. TIA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:52 pm

nenu wrote:

You should experience it for yourself. Where is the fun otherwise?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:

Did you use it long term?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:57 pm

nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:

Didn't have to use it long term for the problems to show. Why don't you try yours out for a bit, Pinni? Then you will know.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:

Didn't have to use it long term for the problems to show. Why don't you try yours out for a bit, Pinni? Then you will know.

What problems are you talking abt? How long is 'a bit'? Be specific. Back up your free advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:03 pm

nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:

What problems are you talking abt? How long is 'a bit'? Be specific. Back up your free advice.

Just experience it for yourself, Pinni. Hold on to your Teflon pans in the meantime.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Just experience it for yourself,  Pinni. Hold on to your Teflon pans in the meantime.

Arre...why don't you give your reasons, granpa?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:11 pm

nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Just experience it for yourself,  Pinni. Hold on to your Teflon pans in the meantime.

Pinni, pinni, pinni! You're getting all worked up. Patience is a virtue.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I am as cool as can be. Calling you granpa, which you are in all probability, is not getting all worked up. ok, substantiate your advice, pls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:17 pm

nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I am as cool as can be. Calling you granpa, which you are in all probability, is not getting all worked up. ok, substantiate your advice, pls.

Sorry to disappoint you, Pinni. I am a lot younger than you. But that is neither here nor there. Actually, you know what? Throw away your Teflon pans.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, Pinni. I am a lot younger than you. But that is neither here nor there. Actually, you know what? Throw away your Teflon pans.

oh yeah, really? You take great pains to pretend/announce/try to indicate that you are young at every chance you get, on the forum and in chat. Suffering from some complex, granpaw? Your extreme snoopiness and your great interest in others' matters is a sign of old age. Youngsters just don't bother abt others.

Edit: I have nothing against ppl's snoopiness. It's just disgusting, but that's ok.

Last edited by nenu on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:29 pm

nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:

oh yeah, really? You take great pains to pretend/announce that you are young at every chance you get, on the forum and in chat. Suffering from some complex, granpaw? Your extreme snoopiness and your great interest in others' matters is a sign of old age. Youngsters just don't bother abt others.  

Hmmm. Getting all worked up, Pinni?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

oh yeah, really? You take great pains to pretend/announce that you are young at every chance you get, on the forum and in chat. Suffering from some complex, granpaw? Your extreme snoopiness and your great interest in others' matters is a sign of old age. Youngsters just don't bother abt others.  

Mirroring yourself in me? LOL!

Anyway, it's time to hit the sack. g'nite!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:33 pm

nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:

Mirroring yourself in me? LOL!

Anyway, it's time to hit the sack. g'nite!

What, Pinni? No 'EOD' before coming back to make more posts?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:11 pm

nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

lady Pinni:

Our gramas cooked in LEAD-and Lead-Coated Aluminium pots and pans. We are still living. How do you plan to remove the teflon that has leached into your blood over the last 20 years? How do you know Silica and titanium wont leach from the new pots and pans and clog your lungs?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:17 am

kinns, HA, as usual, is cryptic. what he means, i think, is that ceramic coated skillets might not be able to withstand high heat. use them for a few weeks and see if there is any wear, tear or stickiness. don't discard those teflon ones yet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:35 am

nenu wrote:I got my first ceramic coated pan, cooked in it and like it. The description on the cover says, 'Ceramic nonstick is a water-based coating made of titanium and suspended silicate particles (the main components of glass); one of the purest, most ecological materials in nature." The cover also has an 'Eco frien

dly cookware' stamp on it. I am not too sure about what the eco friendliness is all about, but i believe that this is a more healthier option to using the teflon-coated non-stick cookware. I am going to throw away all the teflon coated pots and pans and replace them with the ceramic coated ones soon.

End of announcement.

I was e-advised to buy these. If I remember correctly, we placed this order together? Using them for 6-7 months now, pretty exclusively. No complains so far. Are you talking about the same or something similar?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0068SEQJE/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:33 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
I was e-advised to buy these. If I remember correctly, we placed this order together? Using them for 6-7 months now, pretty exclusively. No complains so far. Are you talking about the same or something similar?

Simple rule: Teflon or Silica - if it is made in China beware.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:42 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
nenu wrote:I got my first ceramic coated pan, cooked in it and like it. The description on the cover says, 'Ceramic nonstick is a water-based coating made of titanium and suspended silicate particles (the main components of glass); one of the purest, most ecological materials in nature." The cover also has an 'Eco frien

dly cookware' stamp on it. I am not too sure about what the eco friendliness is all about, but i believe that this is a more healthier option to using the teflon-coated non-stick cookware. I am going to throw away all the teflon coated pots and pans and replace them with the ceramic coated ones soon.

End of announcement.

oh wait...I remember that very well. I didn't place the order saying that I bought such a set from Macy's not too long ago. The thing is, I didn't pay attention to it well. I just looked at the pic and thought these were just another teflon set. They look black like the teflon ones. That tricked me. The ceramic one that I bought looks white.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:58 am

My current, everyday pan for eggs and such, is this one. Excellent pan; I have zero complaints with it. This is not a ceramic pan and that's ok for me. TMA bought it from some store for $25.

Reiteratively, my experience with the Ozeri Green Earch pans was sub-par and I returned them within a week.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Bittu wrote:My current, everyday pan for eggs and such, is this one. Excellent pan; I have zero complaints with it. This is not a ceramic pan and that's ok for me. TMA bought it from some store for $25.

Reiteratively, my experience with the Ozeri Green Earch pans was sub-par and I returned them within a week.

what went wrong with them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Bittu wrote:My current, everyday pan for eggs and such, is this one. Excellent pan; I have zero complaints with it. This is not a ceramic pan and that's ok for me. TMA bought it from some store for $25.

Bits, the bottom for this one seems serrated too. How are the eggs coming out (i mean, without getting stuck in those grooves)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:27 pm

nenu wrote:

Bits, the bottom for this one seems serrated too. How are the eggs coming out (i mean, without getting stuck in those grooves)?

Before you write something, try to think it through.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Simple egg whites stuck to the textured/grooved surface of the pans. Total deal breaker.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:34 pm

Bittu wrote:
nenu wrote:

Before you write something, try to think it through.

I knew you'd say that. That's why I edited and added more in the brackets later. Ya ya, you indicated that the eggs come out fine in your post, but i am wondering how. This pan shows the grooved bottom. so?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Bittu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Simple egg whites stuck to the textured/grooved surface of the pans. Total deal breaker.

never stuck for me, but then i use pam spray. i remember reading in a negative review that those don't work too well with no-oil sitchy... anyway, i don't use this one when i DO want some sabzis to stick to give them a crunchy texture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:01 pm

nenu wrote:
I knew you'd say that. That's why I edited and added more in the brackets later. Ya ya, you indicated that the eggs come out fine in your post, but i am wondering how. This pan shows the grooved bottom. so?

grooved =! checkered. There are no indentations or dimples on the cooking surface of the T-fal pan I posted. The surface is smooth. Just like this cutting board. This board is checkered but the actual surface is smooth. There are no grooves except the one single groove along the perimeter of the board to catch runny liquids. Let me know if you need more help with this, and I'll try to find 3-dimensional images or video.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
 never stuck for me, but then i use pam spray. i remember reading in a negative review that those don't work too well with no-oil sitchy... anyway, i don't use this one when i DO want some sabzis to stick to give them a crunchy texture.

why would you use pam spray to make eggs?! Why not just use oil or butter?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Bittu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

why would you use pam spray to make eggs?! Why not just use oil or butter?

Convenient and like the overall lightness/taste.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Bittu wrote:
nenu wrote:

grooved =! checkered. There are no indentations or dimples on the cooking surface of the T-fal pan I posted. The surface is smooth. Just like this cutting board. This board is checkered but the actual surface is smooth. There are no grooves except the one single groove along the perimeter of the board to catch runny liquids. Let me know if you need more help with this, and I'll try to find 3-dimensional images or video.

k..so the checkered bottom is just a design, not actual grooves. I think i sort of got it, but a few 3-dimensional images or video will help understand better. I would be very much obliged you if could post them as promised. TIA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
FTFY.

Pam contains canola oil, lecithin, phosphated mono- and diglycerides, dimethyl silicone, rosemary extract....

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor_Mouth Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Bittu madam, do you like tampons or pads?

Motor_Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Bittu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
FTFY.

Pam contains canola oil, lecithin, phosphated mono- and diglycerides, dimethyl silicone, rosemary extract....

dammit, my one convenience, and that's gone. half of those names sound bad. Back to spreading the oil all over the pan, sigh.

Last edited by Vidya Bagchi on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:21 pm

Motor_Mouth wrote:Bittu madam, do you like tampons or pads?

older aunties like pads. younger aunties (*ahem*) have moved on to tampons. I think bitts is the older aunty, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
dammit, my one convenience, and that's gone. half of those names sound bad. Back to spreading the oil all over the pan, sigh.

I dunno why would it be inconvenient to "spread oil all over the pan". Keep an oil squeeze bottle handy. Squeeze about half spoonful of oil into the pan, then tilt it around a bit to coat the pan. What's the pain point here, pouring oil into the squeeze bottle about once a month?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:50 pm

nenu wrote:I would be very much obliged you if could post them as promised. TIA.

promised you when? where?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Bittu wrote:
nenu wrote:I would be very much obliged you if could post them as promised. TIA.

"Let me know if you need more help with this, and I'll try to find 3-dimensional images or video."= bittu, in the above post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Bittu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I dunno why would it be inconvenient to "spread oil all over the pan". Keep an oil squeeze bottle handy. Squeeze about half spoonful of oil into the pan, then tilt it around a bit to coat the pan. What's the pain point here, pouring oil into the squeeze bottle about once a month?

"then tilt it around a bit to coat the pan. " ya that's not my fave part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:07 pm

nenu wrote:
Bittu wrote:

"Let me know if you need more help with this, and I'll try to find 3-dimensional images or video."= bittu, in the above post.

"i'll try to find" =! "i promise to find you"

ya?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Bittu wrote:
nenu wrote:
Bittu wrote:

"i'll try to find" =! "i promise to find you"

ya?

Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down