Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stainless Steel Cookware

5 posters

Go down

Stainless Steel Cookware Empty Stainless Steel Cookware

Post by ashaNirasha Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Recos please. Can't seem to wade through reviews on anything anymore these days. 

I do know that Allclad is good but looking for something more affordable.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Stainless Steel Cookware Empty Re: Stainless Steel Cookware

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:48 pm

It gets corroded.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:24 pm

'Tools of the Trade' brand seems good. I got one set around 10 years ago and still looks good.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:43 pm

i had an argument with someone the other day about using a stainless steel container for storing salt. y'all do or no? How abt tamarind and pickles?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:21 pm

http://www.allcookwarefind.com/Stainless-Steel/

i own the first one, the Cuisinart set. I am satisfied with it, though it may be heavier than all clad. i have to say that i hardly use the 10 and 8 inch skillets. The 8 quart stockpot is too big. i rarely use it. i use the other vessels left and right.

ps: didn't we have this discussion before?

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:03 am

kinnera wrote:http://www.allcookwarefind.com/Stainless-Steel/

i own the first one, the Cuisinart set. I am satisfied with it, though it may be heavier than all clad. i have to say that i hardly use the 10 and 8 inch skillets. The 8 quart stockpot is too big. i rarely use it. i use the other vessels left and right.

ps: didn't we have this discussion before?
I don't know if there was a discussion before. 

I thought allclad was the heaviest, and was hoping cuisinart or cephalon would be lighter. I have an enamel coated cast iron sauce pan that I don't use at all, mainly because of the weight. I guess I just have to go check them out rather than order something online.

I don't need need the skillets and stock pot either. All these sets seem to include them. I need sauce pans, sauté pan and a dutch oven.

I remember looking at some Tools of the trade stock pots at Macy's before, but for some reason I had the impression that it was much lighter, cheaper & probably made in India brand. Nothing wrong with that except that some of them aren't triply or 5-ply, but I don't know for sure, so a trip seems unavoidable.

We never store pickles is stainless steel, only in glass or porcelain containers.It rusts.  I don't even use stainless steel spoons because if I forget to take it out and leave it in, I invariably have to throw the whole bottle out.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:09 am

http://www.amazon.com/Rachael-Ray-Stainless-10-Piece-Cookware/dp/B000UZVSB0

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:49 pm

I got mine as wedding gifts from friends and family. My wedding registry was at Williams Sonoma. I had some IKEA cookware, which worked really well for years, which I promptly gave away to Goodwill after getting the newer and nicer cookware.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:06 pm

mainstreet wrote:I got mine as wedding gifts from friends and family.  My wedding registry was at Williams Sonoma.  I had some IKEA cookware, which worked really well for years,  which I promptly gave away to Goodwill after getting the newer and nicer cookware.  
Interesting. Care to showcase your cookware on cam?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down