Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taslima Nasreen: 'I’m Not Surprised India Refused Snowden Asylum'

3 posters

Go down

Taslima Nasreen: 'I’m Not Surprised India Refused Snowden Asylum'  Empty Taslima Nasreen: 'I’m Not Surprised India Refused Snowden Asylum'

Post by Rishi Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:22 pm

How can a country give asylum to a person chased by the almighty US when it panics over giving a residence permit to a secular writer?

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?286681

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Taslima Nasreen: 'I’m Not Surprised India Refused Snowden Asylum'  Empty Re: Taslima Nasreen: 'I’m Not Surprised India Refused Snowden Asylum'

Post by Kris Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Rishi wrote:How can a country give asylum to a person chased by the almighty US when it panics over giving a residence permit to a secular writer?

>>> I think India has an extradition treaty with the US, which can complicate matters.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Taslima Nasreen: 'I’m Not Surprised India Refused Snowden Asylum'  Empty Re: Taslima Nasreen: 'I’m Not Surprised India Refused Snowden Asylum'

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:02 am

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote:How can a country give asylum to a person chased by the almighty US when it panics over giving a residence permit to a secular writer?

>>> I think India has an extradition treaty with the US, which can complicate matters.

Hahaha... then how come US is refusing to let India interrogate Headley - let alone extradite him to India to face charges ?

FACTOID: India is a spineless so called democracy, and exhibits the typical Desi mindset - what will others think of us and do to us?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:14 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Kris wrote:

Hahaha... then how come US is refusing to let India interrogate Headley - let alone extradite him to India to face charges ?

FACTOID:  India is a spineless so called democracy, and exhibits the typical Desi mindset - what will others think of us and do to us?

>>>I don't doubt India's wimpishness on many foreign policy issues, but the cost-benefit analysis on this may not have panned out.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down