Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India is my home, says Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen

3 posters

Go down

India is my home, says Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen Empty India is my home, says Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:24 pm

CANACONA (Goa): Noted Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen on Saturday said India is her home and she has no alternative but to live in exile for rest of her life.

"I have been living in exile since 1994. I know I have no other alternative but to live in exile for rest of my life. I feel I have nowhere to go or country to return to. I say now India is my country, India is my home," the 54-year-old writer told the gathering at the "India Ideas Conclave 2016", currently underway in Goa.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/India-is-my-home-says-Bangladeshi-writer-Tasleema-Nasreen/articleshow/55266636.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

India is my home, says Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen Empty Re: India is my home, says Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:22 pm

They should just grant her Indian citizenship. Sushma has been helping others. Why can't she help Taslima? May be, Sushma can make a trade - Pappu for Taslima!
Throughout history, India has been a destination for the persecuted.  Parsis, Bahai, Ishmailies, Iraqi Jews, Tibetans, etc..... Even Cleopatra wanted to escape to the land of 5 rivers before giving up.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

India is my home, says Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen Empty Re: India is my home, says Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen

Post by truthbetold Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:40 pm

VP,

India should give Taslima citizenship. 

However Indian democracy still immature to be consistent about civil rights. Congress is afraid of muslim vote bank and BJP does not care about non muslim liberals.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:06 pm

truthbetold wrote:VP,

India should give Taslima citizenship. 

However Indian democracy still immature to be consistent about civil rights. Congress is afraid of muslim vote bank and BJP does not care about non muslim liberals.
I think, based on the news articles from India, the people (including in Govt.) opposed to her stay in India, temporarily or otherwise, are from West Bengal.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down