Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new Texas abortion law - bnned after 20 weeks

3 posters

Go down

The new Texas abortion law - bnned after 20 weeks Empty The new Texas abortion law - bnned after 20 weeks

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:00 pm

..I approve this message...

Strange... I notice slowly that I am becoming more republican although I considered myself a staunch liberal democrat...Now, dissecting issue by issue..I am not so sure...

I was personally against abortion but my views on women's equal right to her body superceded my personal view. But, seeing little babies I wonder how one could abort fetuses.  

so...20 weeks the fetus is fully formed - not fully developed yet. If a woman wants to abort that is more than enough time to decide (a full 5 months). So the woman's right to her body should end at 20 weeks.

I know Maariamma and the Pseudo-intellectual Elite Group will be opposed...but I komboletely support Perry (cant believe myself - what next support Palin and Nikki?)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

The new Texas abortion law - bnned after 20 weeks Empty Re: The new Texas abortion law - bnned after 20 weeks

Post by Idéfix Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:42 pm

I am glad you are finally addressing the big contradiction in your political views. You tried to be a Democrat for the US and a Republican for India. Yes, the policies of the Republicans are often anti-minority and anti-immigrant, and you perhaps felt uneasy about them in the past, because you are in a minority in this country while similar policies appeal to you when you are in the majority in India. The good news in this: you feel sufficiently established here not to feel threatened as much any more by the anti-minority stances of some GOPers.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

The new Texas abortion law - bnned after 20 weeks Empty Re: The new Texas abortion law - bnned after 20 weeks

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:45 pm

Idefix,
before I came to Usa, abortion was not an issue of concern to me. Aborting female child was not an issue as sex detection technology was not available at that time.
Two good arguments I heard in Usa were viable life is formed within days or even hours after sexusl acts and at 20 weeks a rather fully formed person is inside the body. However you look at it abortion is taking a life.
My opinion is that mother has a right to her body and the child as long as it is inside the mother. Nature makes mother a protector of child. So such a mother is not likely to reject the child unless it is beyond extraordinary circumstance. Hence women's right to abortion is justified.
Abortion in young adults upto 21 is probably acceptable. I find abortion after that age (except for health, incest, rape etc) is morally nor defensible.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:43 pm

I think abortion should be legal, safe, and rare. It is hard to argue that a fetus 20 weeks after conception is not yet human life. I think the Texas law is a bad step, because it makes abortion less safe for those rare cases where a woman wants to take that terrible step, and it doesn't really fix the underlying causes that lead to abortion.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:14 am

Idéfix wrote:I am glad you are finally addressing the big contradiction in your political views. You tried to be a Democrat for the US and a Republican for India. Yes, the policies of the Republicans are often anti-minority and anti-immigrant, and you perhaps felt uneasy about them in the past, because you are in a minority in this country while similar policies appeal to you when you are in the majority in India. The good news in this: you feel sufficiently established here not to feel threatened as much any more by the anti-minority stances of some GOPers.

you are wrong.. I am anti-repubs for 3 things: 1. They are racist (forget your politically correct terminologies...), 2. they are openly anti-poor, 3. They are pro-NRA.

I am anti-illegal immigrant both here and in India. I am not anti-minority; am anti-anti-India muslims, bcz they asked for and given a country. India and hindus debt towards them - if there was any - was over in 1957. Same goes for Jesusites. their activities cross into beliefs of other religionists. I have never ever made anti-budhist, anti-jain, anti-Sikh ant-harijan or any other antis. followers of all Bhartiya religions are one and the same and have equal and unassailable rights. They loyalty will be unquestionably Indian - nationally or religiously.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down