Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i was in the stadium when this happened. so glad to find it on youtube!

4 posters

Go down

i was in the stadium when this happened. so glad to find it on youtube! Empty i was in the stadium when this happened. so glad to find it on youtube!

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

i was in the stadium when this happened. so glad to find it on youtube! Empty Re: i was in the stadium when this happened. so glad to find it on youtube!

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:37 pm

this happened during that test.
"no matter, no matter, no matter, when you come in to bat, the scoreboard is still zero" -- i.v.a.richards.
why did he say that? find the answer here: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63355.html

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

i was in the stadium when this happened. so glad to find it on youtube! Empty Re: i was in the stadium when this happened. so glad to find it on youtube!

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:53 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
i saw uppusaamy in the crowd. he was wearing a folded-up veshTi, and in his hand was a USMLE prep book.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this happened during that test.
"no matter, no matter, no matter, when you come in to bat, the scoreboard is still zero" -- i.v.a.richards.
why did he say that? find the answer here: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63355.html

what is singh so exercised about?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:56 pm

hahaha...so even if Gavaskar came in at #4, the score was still 0 for 2 bcz Gaekwad and Vengsarkar were out for 0.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:05 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:

what is singh so exercised about?

look at the scoreboard in the link i posted carefully, you'll figure out what's going on. india began their innings with gaekwad facing up to malcolm marshall, the most feared quick in the world at the time with navjot sidhu (the guy relating the story) at the non-striker's end. gaekwad got out first ball, dilip vengsarkar came in at his usual position of #3 (sidhu still at the non-striker's end). he gets out after a couple more deliveries without scoring. indian scoreboard still zero. then gavaskar who throughout his career opened for india, walks in at #4 for the first ever time in his life. richards fielding nearby walks up to him and goes, "no matter, no matter, no matter when you come in, the scoreboard is still zero". gavaskar went on to hit 236 not out, his highest in tests. this happened at chepauk in 1983 at the height of my cricket fever.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 am

one of my favourite lines on the cricket field. it was a tribute to gavaskar the great by another great in a humorous way.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down