Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nobel joke

+3
Jebediah Mburuburu
rawemotions
Seva Lamberdar
7 posters

Go down

A Nobel joke Empty A Nobel joke

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:55 am

"Narendra Modi has not done enough to make minorities feel safe."... Amartya Sen

(http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Amartya-Sen-As-an-Indian-citizen-I-dont-want-Modi-as-my-PM/articleshow/21241669.cms)
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

A Nobel joke Empty Re: A Nobel joke

Post by rawemotions Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:01 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:"Narendra Modi has not done enough to make minorities feel safe."...  Amartya Sen

(http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Amartya-Sen-As-an-Indian-citizen-I-dont-want-Modi-as-my-PM/articleshow/21241669.cms)
Who cares! Many crores of them do, including so called Minorities in Gujarat who have prospered. 

His economic theory is being rebutted and looks like now he is turning to politics.

Actions speak louder than words, for all his inaction in 2002, Modi has more than made up by his positive actions in the last 10 years.  Modi and NDA is a valid claimant, compared to economic ineptitude, massive corruption, poorly planned and ill-funded  social schemes, degradation of national institutions like (RBI/CBI/IB/EC) and communal /divisive politics played by  UPA/Congress to mislead the people away from its incompetence on all other fronts. With the IM comment, now they are turning into full throated apologists for Political Islam.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:23 am

I am surprised that Dr. Sen, after having spent a considerable part of his life outside India and even won a Nobel prize in economics, looks at things in terms of divisive minority / majority politics and wants important decision by Govt. on its basis.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:39 am

rawemotions wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:"Narendra Modi has not done enough to make minorities feel safe."...  Amartya Sen

His economic theory is being rebutted and looks like now he is turning to politics.
what is narendra modi's economic theory?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:50 am

"Yes, I don't want him," Sen told CNN-IBN in reply to a question on whether he wanted him [narendra modi] as his Prime Minister." -- a news item.

really? sen should have said "no, i don't want him."

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:57 am

Phlegmy, have you answered any of the charges leveled against you on the other thread where you try to muscle ha? Have you retreated with raggedy tail tucked firmly between your bony ass?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 am

Sen said physical infrastructure in Gujarat may be good but ... the Gujarat model needs to do much more on the health and education sectors and bring equity. -- amartya sen

sen likes to screw bhagwati sideways. bhagwati, otoh, prefers frontways. bhagwati does not hesitate calling sen short of a kombolete idiot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 am

This guy - a commie sympathiser and once a commiee party member - would not apply for US citizenship bcz he would be stripped of his GC. Portrays himself to be a Desh Bakht while supporting the dynasty which is now full of phoreners and non-hindus.

Hope Modi really wins it next time.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:57 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

What's Sen's economic theory -- to collect "chanda" (donations) in China to build a university in Nalanda (Bihar)?
He shouldn't have put Indians to shame, by asking foreigners (Chinese and others) as the first Chancellor of the proposed Nalanda International University for donations to build the historically important Indian institution.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:This guy  - a commie sympathiser and once a commiee party member - would not apply for US citizenship bcz he would be stripped of his GC. Portrays himself to be a Desh Bakht while supporting the dynasty which is now full of phoreners and non-hindus.
scratch Saamiyaar, you need to think through what you are saying. Sen chose not to apply for US citizenship because he valued his Indian passport, and wanted to keep it. That is a rare choice among Indians living abroad, one that brings with it many practical inconveniences, one that most of us who talk about India here have not made. So he certainly has a greater claim to being a "desh bhakt" than you.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:This guy  - a commie sympathiser and once a commiee party member - would not apply for US citizenship bcz he would be stripped of his GC. Portrays himself to be a Desh Bakht while supporting the dynasty which is now full of phoreners and non-hindus.
scratch Saamiyaar, you need to think through what you are saying. Sen chose not to apply for US citizenship because he valued his Indian passport, and wanted to keep it. That is a rare choice among Indians living abroad, one that brings with it many practical inconveniences, one that most of us who talk about India here have not made. So he certainly has a greater claim to being a "desh bhakt" than you.

my wife didnt apply for US citizenship coz it makes it difficult to purchase farm land in desh. am going to tell her she's in the august company of sen, uppili's goofy and outlandish criticisms not withstanding

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Are you seriously saying that?

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-communist-totalitarian-party-membership-affects-eligibility-naturalized-us-citizenshi wrote:Legal Bar on Naturalization for Communist or Totalitarian Party Members
The Immigration and Nationality Act (I.N.A.) contains a prohibition on naturalization for anyone involved, within the last ten years, with a group that advocates or teaches opposition to all organized government; or involved with the Communist Party or any other totalitarian party of the U.S. or any foreign state; or who advocates world communism or totalitarian dictatorship even without formal group membership. (See I.N.A. Section 313.)
The law similarly blocks naturalization for anyone who within the last ten years, individually or as part of any organization, advocates or teaches the forceful or violent overthrow of the U.S. government, assaults or murders any government officer, damages, injures, or destroys property, or commits sabotage.
The law doesn’t use the word “anarchist,” but lawyers consider this to be among the types of prohibited groups referred to in this section of the law.
The above is a boiled-down summary. If you think you fit into a loophole in what was just described, be sure to consult with an attorney or read the original law, which clearly tries not to leave anyone out.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-communist-totalitarian-party-membership-affects-eligibility-naturalized-us-citizenshi wrote:Legal Bar on Naturalization for Communist or Totalitarian Party Members
The Immigration and Nationality Act (I.N.A.) contains a prohibition on naturalization for anyone involved, within the last ten years, with a group that advocates or teaches opposition to all organized government; or involved with the Communist Party or any other totalitarian party of the U.S. or any foreign state; or who advocates world communism or totalitarian dictatorship even without formal group membership. (See I.N.A. Section 313.)
The law similarly blocks naturalization for anyone who within the last ten years, individually or as part of any organization, advocates or teaches the forceful or violent overthrow of the U.S. government, assaults or murders any government officer, damages, injures, or destroys property, or commits sabotage.
The law doesn’t use the word “anarchist,” but lawyers consider this to be among the types of prohibited groups referred to in this section of the law.
The above is a boiled-down summary. If you think you fit into a loophole in what was just described, be sure to consult with an attorney or read the original law, which clearly tries not to leave anyone out.
I have highlighted the relevant portion in the text you quoted above.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

I see. And you know that the ex-communist part member chose not to Naturalize "because he valued his Indian passport" how?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

I see. And you know that the ex-communist part member chose not to Naturalize "because he valued his Indian passport" how?

hope?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Hellsangel wrote:I see. And you know that the ex-communist part member chose not to Naturalize "because he valued his Indian passport" how?
I heard him talk about it. Someone asked him a question about his citizenship in the Q&A at the end of a lecture I attended.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

What's Sen's economic theory -- to collect "chanda" (donations) in China to build a university in Nalanda (Bihar)?
He shouldn't have put Indians to shame, by asking foreigners (Chinese and others) as the first Chancellor of the proposed Nalanda International University for donations to build the historically important Indian institution.
what is wrong in it? do you still insist on wearing bata chappals for yourself? scratch that. khadau for footwear? what do you wear? anyway, what is wrong in asking foreigners for donation for an educational university -- esp. from the chinese and japanese (i am taking what you claim to be true) who have an interest in nalanda, bihar? what exactly is your issue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:I see. And you know that the ex-communist part member chose not to Naturalize "because he valued his Indian passport" how?
I heard him talk about it. Someone asked him a question about his citizenship in the Q&A at the end of a lecture I attended.
BTW, the question "were you a member of a Communist party" was also present on Form I-485 that I filled out a little over a year ago. The law applies to both green card applications and naturalization applications. If Sen was able to get a green card, he would likely have been able to get citizenship as well, if he chose to apply.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

what is wrong in it? do you still insist on wearing bata chappals for yourself? scratch that. khadau for footwear? what do you wear? anyway, what is wrong in asking foreigners for donation for an educational university -- esp. from the chinese and japanese (i am taking what you claim to be true) who have an interest in nalanda, bihar? what exactly is your issue?

It's the issue of self-respect. He should have taken the shovel in his hand and asked the local Bihari laborers to help him build the University instead of asking the foreigners for money to do the job.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

It's the issue of self-respect. He should have taken the shovel in his hand and asked the local Bihari laborers to help him build the University instead of asking the foreigners for money to do the job.

what about payment to the local Bihari laborers to enable them to eat food, live in a small room or apartment, look after their families, buy clothes, etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

what about payment to the local Bihari laborers to enable them to eat food, live in a small room or apartment, look after their families, buy clothes, etc?

Had they seen a shovel in Sen's hand, most of them would be willing to help him in return for the bare minimum. Moreover, the rebuilding of Nalanda Univeristy should be the responsibility and a matter of pride for Indians, without having the future chancellor of that university running abroad seeking and collecting money for the job in the form of donations from foreigners. Frankly, even if some foreigner wanted to donate money on his own for the reconstruction of Nalanda Univ., Sen should have humbly declined it by saying "Thanks, but no thanks. We will take care of it ourselves."
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Idéfix wrote:

how do you know for sure that I am not a Desh Bhakt.

He does not need to since he married amerikaan wives since 1972... and since he got his Nobel, then there is no need to. One should be an ordinary guy and THEN maintain his Indian passport that I will give credit.

He comes from a distinguished family and he is a world citizen and no need for any passport. If a commoner holds an Indian passport and makes anti-political; anti-congress statement, the cops will tear up his GC and throw him in jail. But, they would do that to a Nobel winner with all the titles from a well known/connected family.

So no biggie.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down