Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dravid retirement speech

+4
bw
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
doofus_maximus
MaxEntropy_Man
8 posters

Go down

dravid retirement speech Empty dravid retirement speech

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 am

says the things you would expect him to say with some moving moments like his mention of laxman's calcutta magnum opus. also did not realize that ganguly and he actually like each other a lot. that much is evident. however, the speech was jarring for the one name he did not mention. anyone else feel that way? wonder what the inside story is.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

dravid retirement speech Empty Re: dravid retirement speech

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:52 am

his dad just passed away..
you are stirring the pot now..
remember the famous declaration in Pakistan Wink

Last edited by doofus_maximus on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:59 am

doofus_maximus wrote:his dad just passed away..
you are stirring the pot now..
remember the famous declaration in Pakistan Wink

yes i know. i am not stirring the pot on purpose. just very odd don't you think?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:05 pm

yes very odd. his speech looked extempore and so I am guessing it must have just skipped his mind. Also SRT wasn't there in the audience.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:27 pm

yeah sure he just forgot the guy who was at the other end for half his life.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:06 pm

well... he probably got pissed because SRT didn't show up for his retirement ceremony and to London.

who knows..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:47 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:well... he probably got pissed because SRT didn't show up for his retirement ceremony and to London.
who knows..

The real reason is that he is pissed off majorly that SRT was flunking big timein the middle of the last decade and no one would even talk of dropping him. he scores 2, 3 centuries and then flunks again forever. still the guy keep playing and playing and gets to decide his own retirement....Razz

Of course, Dravid would be pissed off.. who is not?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:56 pm

uppili -- dravid isn't that petty.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:20 pm

this was a definite snub. i can't believe someone as meticulous as dravid would forget to thank one of the two guys who were a constant presence at the other end when he batted through much of his career, especially when he took the time to thank the other guy. and i am not the only one who noticed:

http://www.timesnow.tv/Did-Dravid-forget-to-mention-Tendulkar/videoshow/4398971.cms

maybe he was pissed off that he did not attend the function or maybe there is some deeper problem. or maybe it finally gets tiring when you've played your heart out winning and saving test matches, and the other guy sucks an unfair amount of oxygen out of the room while you go unheralded by an idiotic public. we'll never know given dravid's gentlemanly reticence to air dirty laundry.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:21 pm

he was likely mentioning only people present in the audience and addressing them directly.

i had given up tracking cricket once i left home and dravid was the one who lured me back to spending countless hours on it. i used to be such a crazy dravid until the GC drama. i will never forget the adelaide test and his role in it. harsha didn't have much hair back then.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this was a definite snub. i can't believe someone as meticulous as dravid would forget to thank one of the two guys who were a constant presence at the other end when he batted through much of his career, especially when he took the time to thank the other guy. and i am not the only one who noticed:

http://www.timesnow.tv/Did-Dravid-forget-to-mention-Tendulkar/videoshow/4398971.cms

maybe he was pissed off that he did not attend the function or maybe there is some deeper problem. or maybe it finally gets tiring when you've played your heart out winning and saving test matches, and the other guy sucks an unfair amount of oxygen out of the room while you go unheralded by an idiotic public.  we'll never know given dravid's gentlemanly reticence to air dirty laundry.

you are guessing and predicting and hazarding all kinds of reasons...

and I am guessing a CONCRETE reason. If Dravid cannot be that mean and you are so sure of that, then come up with an alternate reason. may be this and may be that and perhaps this....yeah rite...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:04 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

says the things you would expect him to say with some moving moments like his mention of laxman's calcutta magnum opus. also did not realize that ganguly and he actually like each other a lot. that much is evident.  however, the speech was jarring for the one name he did not mention. anyone else feel that way? wonder what the inside story is.
why is it "dravid retirement speech," and not "dravid's retirement speech?"

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

says the things you would expect him to say with some moving moments like his mention of laxman's calcutta magnum opus. also did not realize that ganguly and he actually like each other a lot. that much is evident.  however, the speech was jarring for the one name he did not mention. anyone else feel that way? wonder what the inside story is.
this video made me wonder if there isn't a single competent, women's hair stylist near the dravids' residence. sorry, dravidgirl.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:31 pm

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
this video made me wonder if there isn't a single competent, women's hair stylist near the dravids' residence. sorry, dravidgirl.

this is the retirement speech of one of the game's modern giants. save your malarkey if you can help yourself, for a different thread.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:43 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

this is the retirement speech of one of the game's modern giants. save your malarkey if you can help yourself, for a different thread.
i understand that cricket is onlly a sport, not a matter of life and death, and these are professional players.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:09 am

ok, case solved.

anil, dhoni, laxman and ganguly all spoke at this event and that's why rahul addressed them later in his speech. you can find their tributes to dravid on youtube.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:26 am

bw wrote:ok, case solved.

anil, dhoni, laxman and ganguly all spoke at this event and that's why rahul addressed them later in his speech. you can find their tributes to dravid on youtube.

Did he address only those who spoke before him ? Did he mention anybody else?

Since you already watched I will take your word and save some bandwidth.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:27 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Took the time to listen to Dravid's 20 minute speech. He spoke from his heart and it reached. What a classy player he was in addition to being a classy human being! He will be sorely missed. And those who sport shiny domes of St Paul for a head are forgiven for their begrudging comments on the haircuts of those who have the fortune of dense growth.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:35 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
bw wrote:ok, case solved.

Did he address only those who spoke before him ? Did he mention anybody else?

Since you already watched I will take your word and save some bandwidth.

read the transcript below:

http://www.bcci.tv/bcci/bccitv/index/viewarticle?article=/media/releases/content/4f72a1fe634fd.html

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:14 am

i don't know which video is posted here. but i recall reading the transcript of RSD'd retirement speech. it is true that dravid spoke only about those who were present in the room.

let's not forget that dravid consulted SRT the night before this speech. let's not forget that dravid was talking to SRT through his own lean patch leading to ENG series. let's not forget SRT's advice to RSD on continuing to play when he was down. there is no bad blood between these two, multan or no multan.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by yogi Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:22 am

yogi
yogi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 am

goodcitizn wrote: And those who sport shiny domes of St Paul for a head are forgiven for their begrudging comments on the haircuts of those who have the fortune of dense growth.

Lol, it's funnier now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:40 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i understand that cricket is onlly a sport, not a matter of life and death, and these are professional players.

philip, i am taking notes. this will impact your yearly performance evaluation in September this year. while i appreciate your 24X7 grammar patrolling, i can't ignore the errorist activities you perform. you know i believe in timely feedback.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:52 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:i don't know which video is posted here. but i recall reading the transcript of RSD'd retirement speech. it is true that dravid spoke only about those who were present in the room.

let's not forget that dravid consulted SRT the night before this speech. let's not forget that dravid was talking to SRT through his own lean patch leading to ENG series. let's not forget SRT's advice to RSD on continuing to play when he was down. there is no bad blood between these two, multan or no multan.

It is not easy for two people who have played along for 15 years not to have had spats or differences of opinions. But as he said they came through them. Otherwise it would have been like Dhoni-Sehwag-Gambhir out in the open. OTOH, it is not possible for a group of people to perform at that high level consistently without some form of good chemistry and emotional and psychological kinship. He even thanked Dhoni - when he was reported by the media for RD and VVSL to retire. I am sure he had no real long-lasting, burning issue with SRT.

Now, it will be interesting to hear about VVSL abrupt retirement speech and his words for his colleagues. For a gentleman and a giant, he was indeed given a raw deal.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down