Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NaMo trails Rahul in south, is English a factor?

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
confuzzled dude
6 posters

Go down

NaMo trails Rahul in south, is English a factor?   Empty NaMo trails Rahul in south, is English a factor?

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:20 am

Bangalore, July 27: The CNN-IBN poll survey in partnership with The Hindu (conducted by the CSDS, New Delhi) revealed on Friday that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is leading the pack as the most-favoured prime ministerial candidate.

Read more at: http://news.oneindia.in/2013/07/27/2014-poll-survey-modi-most-popular-but-trails-in-south-1269385.html

Region   Modi  Rahul 
North3729
Central 4133
West4333
East3430
South1737
-> or Could Southies be predominantly libturds

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

NaMo trails Rahul in south, is English a factor?   Empty Re: NaMo trails Rahul in south, is English a factor?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:23 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Bangalore, July 27: The CNN-IBN poll survey in partnership with The Hindu (conducted by the CSDS, New Delhi) revealed on Friday that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is leading the pack as the most-favoured prime ministerial candidate.

Read more at: http://news.oneindia.in/2013/07/27/2014-poll-survey-modi-most-popular-but-trails-in-south-1269385.html

Region   Modi  Rahul 
North3729
Central 4133
West4333
East3430
South1737

This poll is useless. This is not a US-style pres election.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

NaMo trails Rahul in south, is English a factor?   Empty Re: NaMo trails Rahul in south, is English a factor?

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:55 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Bangalore, July 27: The CNN-IBN poll survey in partnership with The Hindu (conducted by the CSDS, New Delhi) revealed on Friday that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is leading the pack as the most-favoured prime ministerial candidate.

Region  Modi Rahul 
North3729
Central4133
West4333
East3430
South1737
no, english is not a factor, but incitement murderous communal violence is.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:22 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:

Region  Modi Rahul 
North3729
Central4133
West4333
East3430
South1737

Then how come you were/are supporting Rajiv/Sonia/Rahul. The 84 and 91 riots occured during Congress rule.

Oh wait... you dont count when hindus/sikhs/budhists are/were killed. I forgot that.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:30 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Region  Modi Rahul 
North3729
Central4133
West4333
East3430
South1737

Then how come you were/are supporting Rajiv/Sonia/Rahul. The 84 and 91 riots occured during Congress rule.

Oh wait... you dont count when hindus/sikhs/budhists are/were killed. I forgot that.
what do you think was the religion of most of the people who killed the sikhs in rajiv's time?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:07 am

It has nothing to do with NaMo. BJP, as a party, is not popular in the South. I am not surprised.

The survey was done before MT's decision on Telangana. Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema won't vote for her baccha in 2014. So, take some 20 MPs off.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:22 am

what do you think was the religion of most of the people who killed the sikhs in rajiv's time?

You are now talking like the Maulana...

If you are accusing Modi for inciting hindus to go on a killing rampage (750 muslims killed and 250 hindus killed) of muslims, then you should hold Rajiv responsible for inciing the HINDUS who kileld the Sikhs in Delhi. You conveniently blame Modi for Gujarat riots but blaming the rioters for the Delhi killings. Nice try though.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:27 am

If you are accusing Modi for inciting hindus to go on a killing rampage (750 muslims killed and 250 hindus killed) of muslims, then you should hold Rajiv responsible for inciing the HINDUS who kileld the Sikhs in Delhi. You conveniently blame Modi for Gujarat riots but blaming the rioters for the Delhi killings.  Nice try though.

Chief Justice of India (retd) VN Khare on Narendra Modi and Gujarat riots:

I have entertained so many PILs during my tenure. I started doing it after the Gujarat riots in 2002. A State-sponsored genocide was on, and nobody had the courage to speak against it. The prime minister was quiet, the deputy prime minister did not utter a word, the president also did not say a thing even after so many people had been killed. All the accused were being let off. It was then that I took it up. There were 400 cases and I read the FIR. I am amazed that even after carrying out such a big investigation, they did not find anything. I just read the FIR and concluded that it was a State-sponsored genocide.

I will tell you two cases. Best Bakery was set on fire at 6:45pm. There was a thousand-strong mob which had surrounded Best Bakery and set it on fire. Understand the topography and you can easily conclude that it is a State-sponsored genocide. At a furlong a police patrol van is stationed, it is also mentioned in the FIR. One-and-a-half-kilometre away is the police station. An ACP is sitting there, according to the FIR. Then it goes on to say that at 11:45pm the fire recedes on its own. These are the broad facts. Now, tell me, a fire brigade could have gone and doused the fire? Some lives could have been saved. Why didn’t that patrol police van go and intervene? I read the FIR and concluded that it is a State-sponsored genocide. I said, had I been in a position, I would have lodged an FIR against Narendra Modi on charges of genocide and manslaughter. I said it in the open court. So, in such circumstances, what inquiry do you need – when even one fire extinguisher couldn’t come, nobody could even throw a bucket of water!

Now, see the Gulbarga society case. Ehsan Jafri calls the police and an ACP comes. Jafri is not the only one there; there are many more people in his house. The ACP tells Jafri, I can take you from here. He refused and said, how can I go alone when there are so many others? He said, I will go only if you take the others. The ACP just refused. The moment this ACP leaves, Jafri’s house is set on fire. Why didn’t any fire extinguisher come to this society which is in the heart of Ahmedabad? Scores of people were charred to death.

So, at this stage, I took the PILs. If democracy has to function, then it is the duty of the majority to protect the minority. Who constitutes the government? It is the majority. And when they failed in this duty, that is when I took up theGujaratcase. So, when you see the system has failed, then you have to take up such causes.
- See more at: http://www.hardnewsmedia.com/2012/02/4566#sthash.vnFR1Xez.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:It has nothing to do with NaMo. BJP, as a party, is not popular in the South. I am not surprised.

The survey was done before MT's decision on Telangana. Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema won't vote for her baccha in 2014. So, take some 20 MPs off.

You got to read between the lines; Right wing propaganda is that Southies are anti-Hind(i)u because they don't speak nor understand Hindi.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:33 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:It has nothing to do with NaMo. BJP, as a party, is not popular in the South. I am not surprised.

You got to read between the lines; Right wing propaganda is that Southies are anti-Hind(i)u because they don't speak nor understand Hindi.

Modi is not mulayam and Modi is not strictly a Hindian. Whenever he comes to madras, the guy talks in english wonly. He can count on Jaya and her 35+ seats for sure. Imposing and thrusting hindi is a unique idiocy of UPians and the maharshtrian nikkarwalas.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:04 pm

If you are accusing Modi for inciting hindus to go on a killing rampage (750 muslims killed and 250 hindus killed) of muslims, then you should hold Rajiv responsible for inciing the HINDUS who kileld the Sikhs in Delhi. You conveniently blame Modi for Gujarat riots but blaming the rioters for the Delhi killings.  Nice try though.
in both the events you refer to, the inciters and nearly all the incited rioters and murderers were hindus. all the inciters, rioters, and murderers are accountable for the death and destruction they caused. however, only one prominent inciter of riots and murders entertains aspirations, at present, to be the prime minister of india, so he is of particular interest to me.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Region   Modi  Rahul 
North3729
Central 4133
West4333
East3430
South1737
I don't know if English is a factor. Modi probably polls well in Telangana or Karnataka, where the BJP is better organized. In the rest of southern India, the BJP is a nonentity, while Congress is strong in coastal Andhra and Kerala, and present in Tamil Nadu.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Idéfix wrote:I don't know if English is a factor. Modi probably polls well in Telangana or Karnataka, where the BJP is better organized. In the rest of southern India, the BJP is a nonentity, while Congress is strong in coastal Andhra and Kerala, and present in Tamil Nadu.

Not in Telangana, just in the city even in city they appear weaker than in the '80s & '90s.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:24 am

Idéfix wrote:
I don't know if English is a factor. Modi probably polls well in Telangana or Karnataka, where the BJP is better organized. In the rest of southern India, the BJP is a nonentity, while Congress is strong in coastal Andhra and Kerala, and present in Tamil Nadu.

NaMo does not have to worry about TN. I was surprised that BJP even succeeded in bandhing recently in many districts protesting the killing of a disctrict-level secretary by a small gang with swords (hahaha...guess who did that in celebration of Ramzaan?)

The people of TN sentimentally will support NaMO and BJP - but the party is not strong. Everyone knows Jaya is a pseudo BJP but selfish. In the case of NaMo she will be indebted as she believes he saved her life by giving timely intelligence few years ago. She hates Congress and the Phoereners and fat chance Congress/UPA will ever get her support (not like the turncoat DMK). BJP can count on 32 to 35 seats from TN (of course she will keep sleezing the center for favors for TN....), may be even Dy PM post.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:28 am

Idéfix wrote:

NaMo does not have to worry about TN. I was surprised that BJP even succeeded in bandhing recently in many districts protesting the killing of a disctrict-level secretary by a small gang with swords (hahaha...guess who did that in celebration of Ramzaan?)

The people of TN sentimentally will support NaMO and BJP - but the party is not strong. Everyone knows Jaya is a pseudo BJP but selfish. In the case of NaMo she will be indebted as she believes he saved her life by giving timely intelligence few years ago. She hates Congress and the Phoereners and fat chance Congress/UPA will ever get her support (not like the turncoat DMK).  BJP can count on 32 to 35 seats from TN (of course she will keep sleezing the center for favors for TN....), may be even Dy PM post.

and I really hope your wish Kongu Nadu will come true.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:51 am

the one thing i hope for in TN is for the national parties to never gain a foothold, be they the congress or the bjp. it is my fervent wish that they always remain subservient to the regional parties without whom, they won't have a prayer.  this is one way for TN to forever retain strong influence at the center without kowtowing to the unwashed cowbelt politicians.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:57 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the one thing i hope for in TN is for the national parties to never gain a foothold, be they the congress or the bjp. it is my fervent wish that they always remain subservient to the regional parties without whom, they won't have a prayer.  this is one way for TN to forever retain strong influence at the center without kowtowing to the unwashed cowbelt politicians.

Yeah....who wants our Mantris to run to Dhili every week for consultation and everyday clarify that their would wait for the decision from the "High Command" for building toilets to highways.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down