Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is emotional here?

+14
Seva Lamberdar
bw
Kayalvizhi
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Propagandhi711
MaxEntropy_Man
southindian
confuzzled dude
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
indophile
nevada
Idéfix
Hellsangel
Obnoxious
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who is emotional here? Empty Who is emotional here?

Post by Obnoxious Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:42 pm

I certainly am. I feel as if my own home being wrecked.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Who is emotional here? Empty Re: Who is emotional here?

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 pm

What is happening in California?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Appalamma wrote:I certainly am. I feel as if my own home being wrecked.

What's the news? I blocked myself from any news. Too disturbing. All the news that i get is from here and the bits and pieces that hubs talks and from dad when i call him. So, telangana has been declared and the new seemandhra state formed? i guess so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:59 pm

What is there to get so emotional about? I mean, how does it really affect anyone here?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Why are you guys so emotional? This is just a political gimmick to benefit people in power. For people like us there shouldn't be any difference. First of all we don't even live there and it's not like you need a visa to go from Telangana to Andhra.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Yeah, i know. I shldn't be concerned at all. I am a US citizen and i have nothing to do with india or AP or hyd. Let it/they all go to dogs. But the unfairness of it all is quite enraging. But again, yadha karma tadha phala. Anyayam chesina vaallandaru naasanam ayipotaru.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:05 pm

I hope they don't call it Seemandhra (seema in Telugu could mean "foreign." Examples: seema-mirapakaya (the small extremely hot pepper, seema-kodi (turkey), seema-chintakaya (we used to climb on those trees as children to get the sweet endame-like fruit), etc. Even in Kannada "Seema" could mean foreign or non-native. Example: seema-badnekaya (chayote squash or benguloor vankaya), seema-hudugi (foreign girl). etc.

I hope they simply call it Andhra-Raashtram.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:10 pm

My home state has been split too. Honestly, I am still fuzzy about what part is where, and I don't care. For me, Chattisgarh will always be MP. But then, even when in MP, it was always treated as something of its own. My set of cousins from that area always called themselves chattisgarhi, not MPites. So guess the split was something quite logical, and if I am correct, happened w/o any bad blood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:10 pm

kinnera wrote:

What's the news? I blocked myself from any news. Too disturbing. All the news that i get is from here and the bits and pieces that hubs talks and from dad when i call him. So, telangana has been declared and the new seemandhra state formed? i guess so.

It has to be approved by parliament. With BJP supporting, the bill is sure to be passed.

The real problem starts now. The Punjab-Haryana river issue was solved with a canal. Something along that line has to be developed (not at all easy), otherwise it will be a 1000-yr war.

Good luck. Sure Jagan's real estate is secure, and KCR will take over the mining loot of Telengana.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:11 pm

nevada wrote:Why are you guys so emotional? This is just a political gimmick to benefit people in power. For people like us there shouldn't be any difference. First of all we don't even live there and it's not like you need a visa to go from Telangana to Andhra.
You are right. But still I can't help how I feel about this. I do feel a strong emotional attachment to Hyderabad, Telangana, and all of AP. I do hope strongly, like you say, that in practical terms it will make no difference at all.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:12 pm

kinnera wrote:Anyayam chesina vaallandaru naasanam ayipotaru.
You really are upset and angry.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
kinnera wrote:

It has to be approved by parliament.  With BJP supporting, the bill is sure to be passed.

The real problem starts now. The Punjab-Haryana river issue was solved with a canal.  Something along  that line has to be developed (not at all easy), otherwise it will be a 1000-yr war.

Good luck. Sure Jagan's real estate is secure, and KCR will take over the mining loot of Telengana.

...and hyderabad will go to dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 pm

so who on such falls where now. Telanganas are rumored to be bad evil people. The kind who will use you like a toilet paper, and the kind who will take their gifts back if they got pissed at you. I think Caru is an exception though, if he is a Telanagana, or is it telangi, or telanganite?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Idéfix wrote:

I am. Inta anyayamaa? nijanga naasanam ayipotaru. Meru telanganite (happy?) kaabatti anandanga sankalu guddukuntunnaru. Have some rationality and look at it all objectively. 

Anyway, let me quit talking abt this all. Not worth my emotions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Time for TN to demand and get back Tirupathi.

N O W.

gOvinda gOOOOvinda.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Time for TN to demand and get back Tirupathi.

N O W.

gOvinda gOOOOvinda.

You mean "Narayana narayana"?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:21 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:so who on such falls where now. Andhras Telanganas are rumored  to be bad evil people. The kind who will use you like a toilet paper, 

That is what Telanganites believe about Andhrawalas.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:24 pm

kinnera wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

I am. Inta anyayamaa? nijanga naasanam ayipotaru. Meru telanganite (happy?) kaabatti anandanga sankalu guddukuntunnaru. Have some rationality and look at it all objectively. 

He is half-telanganite Smile  even that, if (and only) his paternal side is from areas like Devarkonda, Bhongir. Culturally, Suryapet & Kodad are pretty much like Kosta belt.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:24 pm

N O W.

gOvinda gOOOOvinda.

Too late, that devout Tengalite from Salem (Rajagopulachari) bartered Perumal for commercial Madras.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:26 pm

nevada wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:so who on such falls where now. Andhras Telanganas are rumored  to be bad evil people. The kind who will use you like a toilet paper, 

k so for a seedhi saadhi MP waali like me, BOTH are evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:so who on such falls where now. Telanganas are rumored  to be bad evil people. The kind who will use you like a toilet paper, and the kind who will take their gifts back if they got pissed at you. I think Caru is an exception though, if he is a Telanagana, or is it telangi, or telanganite?
Hahaha. I am a proud Telangana person. I have ancestry from both sides of this divide (in fact from all three sides of AP), but I identify myself most with Telangana because I grew up in Hyderabad.

I suggest the word Telugu be used to refer to a resident of Telangana. I don't like Telanganite, because I don't like the -ite suffix.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:so who on such falls where now. Telanganas are rumored  to be bad evil people. The kind who will use you like a toilet paper, and the kind who will take their gifts back if they got pissed at you. I think Caru is an exception though, if he is a Telanagana, or is it telangi, or telanganite?

Yeah, they are. Telangana men are not viewed kindly. Non-telanganites dread to give their daughters to telangana men. Their fears are not baseless. Women abuse/wife beating, extramarital affairs and all are pretty high among telangana men. 

To be fair, they think twice to get their daughters-in-law from guntur and vijayawada coz the women there are viewed to be very chaalu and dominant.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:29 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

He is half-telanganite Smile  even that, if (and only) his paternal side is from areas like Devarkonda, Bhongir. Culturally, Suryapet & Kodad are pretty much like Kosta belt.

Some of relatives have those surnames. Of course, I sport a surname that's a town in Medak. Smile

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:33 pm

indophile wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Some of relatives have those surnames. Of course, I sport a surname that's a town in Medak. Smile

Sangareddy, just kidding Smile

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:37 pm

kinnera wrote:

Yeah, they are. Telangana men are not viewed kindly. Non-telanganites dread to give their daughters to telangana men. Their fears are not baseless. Women abuse/wife beating, extramarital affairs and all are pretty high among telangana men. 

To be fair, they think twice to get their daughters-in-law from guntur and vijayawada coz the women there are viewed to be very chaalu and dominant.
This is true of most regions in India. For example -- in Bengal, easterners (in fact, anyone who is not from calcutta) are considered uncultured for marital alliances; in Orissa kotokis (people from Cuttack) stay away from mountain/jungle people to the south (Koraput, Kalhandi, etc.); there is that classic east/west split in Andhra (in language, culture, etc., Srikakulam vs. Godavari), Pune - Sholapur differences in Maharashtra; Mysore/Bangalore vs. Dharwar/Hubli in Karnataka, and so on.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:37 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Yeah, my family history is complicated. Both my parents have ancestors on both sides of the divide. I identify as my "native place" the area between the towns of Nallagonda and Devarakonda; although on both my dad's side and mom's side, some of my Nallagonda ancestors were adopted from families in Guntur. I am one-eighth Malayali, because my grandmother's mother was from Kerala. If I go back three generations, of my eight ancestors I think six never set foot in Telangana, and of the two Telangana people one was a Malayali born in Kerala.

PS: As I said elsewhere, my mood today is far from "chankalu guddukOvaTam."
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:39 pm

kinnera wrote:Women abuse/wife beating, extramarital affairs and all are pretty high among telangana men. 
You are spreading wild accusations about people. It is fine if you are angry, but you should consider what you are doing.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Anyone who's from Telangana and still in US GC process, should get your status cleared with current AP address, before USCIS says...what the heck is wrong with your India address.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Idéfix wrote:
kinnera wrote:Women abuse/wife beating, extramarital affairs and all are pretty high among telangana men. 
You are spreading wild accusations about people. It is fine if you are angry, but you should consider what you are doing.

It is what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:52 pm

kinnera wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

It is what it is.
To use your own words: bullshit is what it is.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:53 pm

southindian wrote:Anyone who's from Telangana and still in US GC process, should get your status cleared with current AP address, before USCIS says...what the heck is wrong with your India address.
Haha, true. I guess soon I should start getting used to the new address. Or may be drop the state altogether and just write Hyderabad, India 5000xx.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Idéfix wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

It is what it is.

please, inka kattipettandi andaroo ee type of exchanges. gatam gataha.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:57 pm

indophile wrote:

N O W.

gOvinda gOOOOvinda.

Too late, that devout Tengalite from Salem (Rajagopulachari) bartered Perumal for commercial Madras.

who is rajagopulachari?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:58 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
indophile wrote:

N O W.

gOvinda gOOOOvinda.

who is rajagopulachari?

Ha ha ha! Nitpicking, Il Professore? I guess he meant Rajaji.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Idéfix wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

It is what it is.

I heard telangana ppl roast new born kids during their jataras. is that also a wild accusation?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
indophile wrote:

N O W.

gOvinda gOOOOvinda.

who is rajagopulachari?

Ha ha ha! Nitpicking, Il Professore? I guess he meant Rajaji.

that bozo's name is rAja-gOpAlA-chAri.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 pm

indophile wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

It is what it is.

please, inka kattipettandi andaroo ee type of exchanges. gatam gataha.
Good advice. Thanks.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Is that how they spell it? Why do you call him a bozo, Il Professore?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Is that how they spell it? Why do you call him a bozo, Il Professore?

i try to use mixtures of lower case and upper case roman letters to indicate long and short and soft and hard indian sounds. he would just write it as rajagopalachari.

i call him a bozo because of his role in the disastrous hindi pushing fiasco and his views on what he called kula kalvi, the idea of continuing the tradition of caste based profession and professional training.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:05 pm

kinnera wrote:

Haha! do you know that Kamma guys from Guntur district are scared to marry Kamma girls from Krishna and any dude from Kadapa is a bomb maker. These stereotypes probably won't bode well for this generation.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:06 pm

i thought parents objected to telangana men because they are the foot long peniied ones.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i thought parents objected to telangana men because they are the foot long peniied ones.

Perhaps the great glut Admin can attest to that fact.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
nevada wrote:

one attempt to settle personal vendetta in the melee of state bifurcation detected

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i thought parents objected to telangana men because they are the foot long peniied ones.

Perhaps the great glut Admin can attest to that fact.

The fact that he had go all the way to Vanga-nadu/desh pretty much confirms that Smile

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:16 pm

What does "peniled" mean?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
nevada wrote:

one attempt to settle personal vendetta in the melee of state bifurcation detected

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:18 pm

indophile wrote:

What does "peniled peniied" mean?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:22 pm

indophile wrote:

Max doesn't know AP-T well.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
indophile wrote:

Max doesn't know AP-T well.

Guruvu gaaaru, you should watch what you may be insinuating about your self, if you do know.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next