Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MP forces Gita on Madrasaas....

+2
southindian
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

MP forces Gita on Madrasaas.... Empty MP forces Gita on Madrasaas....

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:12 pm

..The government order of August 1 dictates a "chapter on Bhagwad Gita should be included in the textbook of general Hindi for Class III and IV, special English and special Urdu for Class 1 and II for the 2013-14 academic session".

This is unacceptable.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

MP forces Gita on Madrasaas.... Empty Re: MP forces Gita on Madrasaas....

Post by southindian Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 pm

I agree. I was living in Hoboken, NJ in 2001 and a few days after the twin tower attacks a company manager asked me why can't "they" be taught meditations to remain calm. I told him, you can't tell "them" anything outside their book.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:36 pm

In what state? Who is the ruling party?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:55 pm

southindian wrote:I was living in Hoboken, NJ in 2001
Oh, no! I was too. I guess there's not getting away from it. I must be your unkil.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 pm

southindian wrote:I agree. I was living in Hoboken, NJ in 2001 and a few days after the twin tower attacks a company manager asked me why can't "they" be taught meditations to remain calm. I told him, you can't tell "them" anything outside their book.

Hmmm.. Why did he ask you? Did he think you're a part of M team or did think you're a Buddhist/meditation expert

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:43 am

This idea (if true) is mis-construed for a Non-Hindu faith school , and will only result in resentment. 

They should first teach Secularism and Islam without the Political aspects and sanitize the Madrassa syllabus to remove the Political Islamic aspects and include an unvarnished history of the mis-deeds of Moghul emperors from Timurlane  to Aurangzeb and Pre-Partition Riots (Moplah Massacre, Noakhali etc..) that led to division of India, mis-treatment of Mohajirs in Pakistan and Paksitani Genocide in Pre-independent Bangladesh. That would be a great contribution to future India. If they do that, it will be interesting to see how folks like Rashmun and their Political masters counter it.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:I agree. I was living in Hoboken, NJ in 2001 and a few days after the twin tower attacks a company manager asked me why can't "they" be taught meditations to remain calm. I told him, you can't tell "them" anything outside their book.

Hmmm.. Why did he ask you? Did he think you're a part of M team or did think you're a Buddhist/meditation expert
The M team came up for discussion while the manager felt there's rage in M team that needs to be addressed.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:37 am

Idéfix wrote:
southindian wrote:I was living in Hoboken, NJ in 2001
Oh, no! I was too. I guess there's not getting away from it. I must be your unkil.

Smile Oh no Unkil. An emotional feeling of meeting an eDNA eUnkil is so moving. 2'5"
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down